PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 17: Pats @ Buffalo

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.
play the cowboys in dallas, they beat you

eagles lost milton williams for that game, and you ran wild over them... 173 yards on the ground

and please, defensive injuries? Judon, Gonzales, White, Uche, Markus Jones, Eukale were all out for that game

we are not a great team this year, and even worse when Mac Jones plays, & the fact that you have to drop the "injuries" argument says all you need to know about the Buffalo Bills

That’s a lot of “what about ism” for one post. Yikes.

@GreenCow whats up with Diggs? I read he only played 60% snaps last game. Injury?

Yeah he only played 60% of the snaps and he has been VERY quiet for over a month now.

Rumor in Buffalo is that he is injured and the Bills haven’t said anything.

• ThankU!
Reactions: sb1
Call me crazy. I'd sooner want the Bills to win a Super Bowl than the Dolphins. So while I always root for a win, I wouldn't mind if a loss gave them a better shot at the division than Miami. Seems like it's almost a lock for the Dolphins now though

If Bills win and Dolphins lose to Baltimore, next weeks game is for the division.

I would say it’s closer to a lock that the Dolphins lose than they win…

Anyone who says they have an idea of how this game will go is probably playing themselves a bit. There are a variety of ways this game could go. That -12 line is inviting money on a probability that is reasonable, though less likely than a close game.

Bills Destroy Pats: Possible
Bills Edge Pats: Probable
Tie: Unlikely
Pats Edge Bills: Possible
Pats Destroy Bills: Unlikely

Anyone who says they have an idea of how this game will go is probably playing themselves a bit. There are a variety of ways this game could go. That -12 line is inviting money on a probability that is reasonable, though less likely than a close game.

Is the line really -12? That's too high.

If the Bills are the team I think they are, they should win this game by 7 to 10.

If they don't, then they dont deserve to compete for a championship anyway.

Is the line really -12? That's too high.

If the Bills are the team I think they are, they should win this game by 7 to 10.

If they don't, then they dont deserve to compete for a championship anyway.

In a battle of talent, the Bills should have that solid win, but both teams have a lot of other factors in play. Then again, if my game picking contest results are anything to go by this year, I'm probably the last person you want to listen to on these matters.

As for your last point, I can't say I agree. The 2004 Pats (widely considered one of, if not THE best Pats SB winning team) dropped a late season game to woeful Miami and TFB looked terrible in the process. The 2018 Pats suffered the last-minute loss to Miami and then put out an uninspired effort against Pittsburgh the following week.

The concept of momentum is fodder for reporters and talking heads to fill the airwaves all week. What matters is the game planning, focus, and preparation going into each game. Talent is a factor as well. All that is to say that dropping a game here and there, especially in the division, doesn't preclude postseason success.

Both the Bills and Chiefs are being tested in ways they hadn't been previously. We will see what they're really made of these next few weeks.

Another of the many UDFA hits by BB.
Second round BoneyT says Hi.

We’re waiting, BoneyT, for you to make a big catch downfield. Like you were drafted for.

And don’t break a mouse-like collarbone when you land.

Yeah he only played 60% of the snaps and he has been VERY quiet for over a month now.

Rumor in Buffalo is that he is injured and the Bills haven’t said anything.
That would be against the rules and deserving of draft picks being taken away.

That -12 line is pure bait considering how anemic the Bills offense has been at times. Who knows maybe the Bills make it a statement game to show they want to peak now rather than in September like last season.

In favor of the Pats is the amount of parity this season and a team looking like giant one week and a mouse the next. Plus, it's the Patriots job to inflict misery on Western New York.

I'd rather see the Billdos win the SB that ANY of the LOLphins, Murderer-Worshippers, Queefs, Fecals or Cowgirls.

And if losing to them this weekend helps achieve that vision, then so be it.

Second round BoneyT says Hi.

We’re waiting, BoneyT, for you to make a big catch downfield. Like you were drafted for.

And don’t break a mouse-like collarbone when you land.
Ahhh…

I see the issue.

I should have been clearer about what I was referring to.

Maybe a bold font?

UDFA

That would be against the rules and deserving of draft picks being taken away.

Not quite. There’s a loophole that many teams use.

If the player is in no danger of missing the game, they don’t have to report it. The point of the injury report is to advise on game probability.

Bills pulled the same trick with Elam earlier in the season (who had a torn foot ligament). He had it since Training Camp but they didn’t report it until they put him on IR (around Week 10 I think?) because they kept him inactive which meant game probability wasn’t a factor.

Howell is struggling for sure. He takes way too many sacks that’s been his biggest problem to date and his OL is terrible. Now I think he’s seeing ghosts. If he’s taking all those hits and sacks that wears a guy down and that tends to happen. Also the Commanders have mailed things in ever since Young’s trade. Rivera is out the door on Black Monday. Howell is undersized like Zappe but his arm is much stronger and if you’re gonna take an undersized guy that’s what needs to be there.

I still stand by saying Zappe was not a good pick where he was. He could have been signed as a UDFA. 4th was way too high. Nobody else was taking him.
200.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft