PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What we learned after Sunday...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go right ahead and then Ian can re-direct you to the visitors locker room which is where we house visitors you can't have intelligent discussions...
Uh, OK? Hey, whoever the **** you are Ian, please re-direct me! :rolleyes:

I haven't made any low blows nor have I talked smack. In fact, I stated in the beginning that wasn't what I was here for.

I haven't made any low blows nor have I talked smack. In fact, I stated in the beginning that wasn't what I was here for.

If this was a church, Ian would be the guy in the stained-glass window.

If this was a church, Ian would be the guy in the stained-glass window.
400_F_10059582_CkJctEf9yrreGgDpQ1S7Zf25FgmmhL1j.jpg
Which one, Mary or the baby?

Disagree 100% with the OP.
Every divisional game is going to be a dogfight. How is miami a fluke again? They just beat the jets twice (we lost to NY), gave Indy all they could handle and gave the saints a game as well. We take Miami for granted as an easy game next sunday and we go home with a big fat L. Did we forget what happened last year when miami came to town. If we thought our October schedule was tough, that doensnt have anything on our November schedule. Miami, Indy, NO, and NYJ..brutal. We will find out just how good we are, no more Tennessee's and Tampa Bays to play. Time to man up the playoff push begins now.

You aren't part of the team. These players don't think like fans do and its about time the FANS realized that.

I can guarantee you that the Patriots won't be taking Miami lightly.

I disagree with you that the schedule is brutal. The only TOUGH game there is New Orleans. The other 3, the Pats should win if they play their game.

Miami - They don't know how to close, though the Jets gave them plenty of lip service to feed off of. You won't see that from New England.
NY Jets - Have shown that the 1st win against NE was a fluke.
Colts - Haven't faced a truly TOUGH team yet. Jacksonville, Tennessee, Seattle, and St. Louis are the bottom of the league. Miami and San Fran have been their only competition. And that's not saying much.
New Orleans - Right now, the toughest team in the league.

Ian is the one who OWNS this board. Now, you should feel pretty stupid for swearing at the owner of this board for now reason.

Do you always show up at other fan's boards and start off showing your own ignorance?

Ian is the one who OWNS this board. Now, you should feel pretty stupid for swearing at the owner of this board for now reason.

Do you always show up at other fan's boards and start off showing your own ignorance?
Yeah I feel real stupid for indirectly using a swear word which got curtailed by the profanity filter on a message board at someone who owns a Patriots website. I'm really ignorant for not knowing who owns every opposing teams message board. :rolleyes:

Jesus, take me now! Strike down upon me with your powerful smite!

What about your "extremely lucky" win against the Bills? The Jets beat you guys outright. There was no foul play involved in that game. You guys got beat. You guys should have started out the year 0-2. I see you guys with 1 impressive win against the Ravens, that's about it. Obviously you have better passing attack, but your defense is ranked 15th against the rush. You may know that the wildcat is going to be used, but it's a whole different animal actually stopping it. No one has really stopped it completely, except for yesterday against the Jets but part of that can be attributed to the offense not even seeing the field in the 2nd half until a few minutes into the 4th.

You are absolutely correct in a lot of what you've posted. Unfortunately, most people really don't learn anything from watching a week of football. That comes from a combination of people not looking objectively and teams not being the same from week to week.

Did anyone learn that the Eagles are far and away the best team in the NFL because of the way they beat the hell out of the Giants? I hope nobody 'learned' that, because the Eagles lost to the Raiders two weeks ago. However, something that should be of value to Patriots fans could have been learned from that Eagles/Giants game but, judging by some of the comments here, that opportunity was missed. The Giants got to 5-0 by beating up on poor teams like the Buccaneers, Chiefs and Raiders, but they just lost for the third game in a row. That's a lesson that people here should have learned.

The Dolphins have swept the season series from the Jets. The Jets are 1-0 against the Patriots this season. The Dolphins also split the season series with the Patriots last year. People bagging on the Dolphins have apparently not looked at the teams that Miami has lost to this year:

Saints
Colts
Chargers
Falcons

It's not as if the Dolphins have been dropping games to high school teams.

On the other hand, watching the Dolphins since Pennington's been out should 'teach' us that Henne is not a quality NFL QB at this stage in his career. It should 'teach' us that the Dolphins best two corners as of this moment are two rookies, that Ted Ginn, Jr. can beat you with returns even if he's not much of a receiver, that the Dolphins offensive line is struggling and that Jason Taylor is running more upright than ever.

Yeah I feel real stupid for indirectly using a swear word which got curtailed by the profanity filter on a message board at someone who owns a Patriots website. I'm really ignorant for not knowing who owns every opposing teams message board. :rolleyes:

Anyway, you've had some space to spin your faery tales. Bye now. :rolleyes:

He reminds me a bit of our old friend. This is why it's so hard to root for the Dolphins even when they face the JETS... They have one of those fan bases that believes that every time they manage a win it's the inklings of the long awaited new era of Dolphin dominance in the AFCE...

After Ginn we have... a small slot guy... Not much to work with.

You say "small slot guy" like its a bad thing. I think our small slot guy does ok.:D Its a good thing you guys traded him to us:p

Last edited:
Anyway, you've had some space to spin your faery tales. Bye now. :rolleyes:
You were my sun, you were my earth
but you didnt know all the ways I loved you, no
So you took a chance, made other plans
But I betcha didnt think that they would come crashin down, no

You dont have to say, What cha did
I already know, I found out from HIM
now theres just no chance
with you and me
there will never be
dont it make you sad about it

you told me you love me
Why did you leave me all alone
now you tell me you need me
When you call me on the phone

Girl I refuse
you must have me confused with some other guy
the bridges were burned
now its your turn,To cry

Cry me a river
Cry me a river er er
cry me a river
cry me a river er er
YA YA

You know that they say somethings are better left Unsaid
It wasnt like you only talked to him
And you know it
(Dont act like you dont know it)
all of these things people told me
keep messin with my head
shoulda been honesty
then you may not have thought it

with you and me
there will never be
done it make you sad about it

you told me you love me
Why did you leave me all alone (all alone)
now you tell me you need me
When you call me on the phone ( call me on the phone)

Girl I refuse
you must have me confused with some other guy (not like them baby)
the bridges were burned
now its your turn to cry

So
Cry me a river
Cry me a river er er
cry me a river
cry me a river er er
YA YA

Oh
The damage is done
So i guess i be leavin

Oh
The damage is done
So i guess i be leavin

Oh
The damage is done
So i guess i be leavin

with you and me
there will never be
dont it make you sad about it

So
Cry me a river
Cry me a river er er
cry me a river
cry me a river er er
cry me a river
cry me a river...........

You say "small slot guy" like its a bad thing. I think our small slot guy does ok.:D Its a good thing you guys traded him to us:p
Small as in his size and his productivity. He's no Welker. I'm still pissed at the morons before Parcells and Co. that made that decision. Although, with Moss as your number one whoever else you have will be a lot better.

Small as in his size and his productivity. He's no Welker. I'm still pissed at the morons before Parcells and Co. that made that decision. Although, with Moss as your number one whoever else you have will be a lot better.

Gotta admit. Pretty definite indication that this latest Teal fish lover isn't Aqua.

Talk about someone who doesn't watch enough other teams. Didn't see the Dolphins play Monday night against the Colts in week 2?

With the loss of our young corner (Will Allen, 31 years of age) we became pedestrian? If anything, this guy was blowing coverage left and right this year. The problem with the Miami defense is the safeties, particularly Gibril Wilson.

The Patriots are fumble away from being 4-3 overall and 0-2 in the division. For someone talking about reality, you sure can't seem to find it. Great, you guys beat up on Tennessee and Tampa Bay. I can assure you the Dolphins are not like these teams. The losses for the Dolphins have been against the Indianapolis (game that should have been won, although I know you didn't see it obviously), Atlanta, New Orleans (who we gave the biggest run for their money so far this year), and the Chargers. Then we get to play the teams you guys beat up on. The toughest part of the schedule will be done with after this week.

Miami doesn't have a QB right now. In fact, I'd say Ronnie Brown is better back there than Henne.

Their Secondary is very green. You want to blame Gibril Wilson, yet he's probably been the best DB Miami's got.

As far as receivers go, Ginn has been a bust. The Dolphins offense doesn't use Camarillo and Bess to their advantage, though Camarillo is still looking like he's not 100% from his knee injury.

BTW, the Pats trounced Atlanta. While they won the Baltimore game, it should have been even MORE lop-sided in the Pats favor. Baltimore was griping about the calls that they received, but there were a slew more that should have been called.

Good teams make things happen. The Pats FORCED that fumble against Buffalo. It's not like McKelvin just dropped it without anyone being near him.

The Patriots are at +9 turnover differential. They forced 12 fumbles and made 7 interceptions while fumbling the ball 5 times and throwing 5 interceptions.

The Pats defense is 3rd in the league in points allowed, giving up only 14 points a game.

The dulphins and jests will be absolute dogfights. If we can win, good for us, but they will be very difficult games.

We also learned that Minnesota is basically unstoppable and that Favre is God, apparently. He can't miss! He's playing the best QB of his career. We could only dream that Brady could be that good when he was on top of his gameroo...now that he's still getting his head back in the game, it's not even close.

Completely shut down in the first half. It didn't even see the field in the 2nd! And our offense was not the problem in the Saints game. Abandoning the run in the 2nd half and the defense was the problem. We also thrashed the Jets in the first game with the Wildcat. You guys have a weak rushing defense, the Jets have a good one. We'll see what happens Sunday.

The Jets run defense is allowing 108.1 YPG. The Pats? 109.4.

Guess you don't actually know what you are talking about.

Doesn't believe in Henne? That, or they did the natural thing and let him sit behind a productive veteran for his first year? We play to our strengths. Our 2 running backs and offensive line are superb. We have no receivers for Henne to throw to. He has looked very good in his first 4 starts, putting up a 3-1 record. What do you want from the guy, Ginn can't catch the ball. After Ginn we have 2 slow white guys and a small slot guy in Bess. Not much to work with. Wait til this guy gets a #1 receiver.

No receivers to throw to? WTF are you talking about? I agree on Ginn. But Bess and Camarillo are very good receivers if they were used properly. As for Bess being, small, he's the same height as Welker.

You ever stop to think that the issue is the QB and not Bess or Camarillo?

The Jets run defense is allowing 108.1 YPG. The Pats? 109.4.

Guess you don't actually know what you are talking about.

The Patriots are allowing 4.5 ypc, which ties them for 22nd in the league (22-25 slots are all allowing 4.5 ypc). The Jets are allowing 4.0 ypc, which is 11th in the league.

Yes, it's very ignorant of you to act like a jackass by thinking that your not knowing who the owner is gives you the right to be stupid about it.

Nothing like proving to everyone the type of person you are. A jackass who should be treated like a troll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back