PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What the F@#$

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPatBoy

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I mean this just kills me. How many TE's does one team need. I mean are we going to select a Defensive player at all?

SCPatBoy said:
I mean this just kills me. How many TE's does one team need. I mean are we going to select a Defensive player at all?
Yeah, I'm on the WTF bandwagon on this one. :)

SCPatBoy said:
he wont play TE. He will be our new Sam Gash / Larry Centers. Great offensive weapon from the FB position.

Relax

Hope one of the two is good enough to be a contributor. Mills is also a FB and could be a Pass replacement also. Could be a special teams contributor also.

He's a FB.

NEM said:
June 1st FA 2nd round will fill that.

From whom? What great OLB is gonna be cut on June 1st?

PLenty of team have plenty of cap room. Looking for veteran cuts is gonna leave you hurtin.

"gonna leave YOU hurtin'"

UNMASKED...we have a scumbag Jet fan masquerading as a Pats fan the past day and a half....how'd 4-12 feel, you pinhead

SCPatBoy said:

They just drafted one.

I have to agree. Rounds 1 & 2, great picks, mind boggling there after. So far I give this draft a C+. I would have preferred Darnell Bing the safety from USC over TE Dave Thomas from Texas in round 3. If BB has his heart set at drafting a pass catcher in round three, Maurice Stovall was there for the taking. A big receiver who pretty much knows the system already. Can you imagine Deion Branch, Chad Jackson, and Maurice Stovall in our 3 receiver st with Graham and Watson at TE, with Faulk or Maroney/Dillon out of the backfield ?? Geez, that would have been unstoppable. Instead we take a TE who granted, was the top target for Vince Young, and who some publications say has the best hands of the TE's available, but it still didn't make sense. He is also described as nothing more than an H-Back due to his lack of size and blocking skills.

Round 4, Garrett Mills ?? TE or FB, we didn't need this, but yet again, if BB felt we needed another pass catcher, what about Jason Avant from Michigan. Granted, we did need to replace Fauria, but with two guys that projected later than picked (Mills was projected 7th rounder/FA). We totally ignore defense, when we could have picked guys like Bing, Parham, etc.

Don't get me started on the kicker. You mean to tell me he wouldn't have been available in round 7 or as a FA ?

Regardless of what BB spews to the media, he is pulling the wool over everybody's eyes. He definately drafted for need the last two years, not the best player available. Mankins,Kaczur, Jackson, and the kicker were all needs, though Jackson was the best available receiver, but definately drafted for need.

Then round 4, another

scott99 said:
Regardless of what BB spews to the media, he is pulling the wool over everybody's eyes. He definately drafted for need the last two years, not the best player available. Mankins,Kaczur, Jackson, and the kicker were all needs, though Jackson was the best available receiver, but definately drafted for need.

BB has never said that the Pats don't draft for need, what he consistently says is that "we will draft the best player available for our team" or "...for what we do."

14thDragon said:
From whom? What great OLB is gonna be cut on June 1st?

PLenty of team have plenty of cap room. Looking for veteran cuts is gonna leave you hurtin.

Who do you think the Jets are going to take with the first overall pick next spring?

Regarding TEs, Graham's contract is up soon, and we have only 2 TE's on the roster. Way too low for the amount we run the 2TE set. Also, Mills is an H-back AND a potential ST standout. I have no problem with the picks at all.

I'm not a koolaid type either... I look at the facts. Last year's draft, in the first four rounds, generated 3 eventual starters and a darn good backup S in Sanders. Plus we got a QB that is as close to a Brady-type steal as you could find (IMHO). They've got a darn good draft track record since 2001.

Joker said:
"gonna leave YOU hurtin'"

UNMASKED...we have a scumbag Jet fan masquerading as a Pats fan the past day and a half....how'd 4-12 feel, you pinhead
Ha ha ha.

Good catch.

I think that 4-12 doesn't feel good, but after next season, 4-12 will look a lot better.

Jacky Roberts said:
Who do you think the Jets are going to take with the first overall pick next spring?

?? What kind of response is that?

As for the you comment, it was the plural you as in anyone waiting for June 1st cuts is gonna be in a bad position. that includes those in fandom that are clinging to such straws.

Last edited:
14thDragon said:
?? What kind of response is that?

As for the you comment, it was the plural you as in anyone waiting for June 1st cuts is gonna be in a bad position. that includes those in fandom that are clinging to such straws.

Begone, slimy troll.

So, yesterday I point out that we took no defensive impact, everyone is saying, hey, wait until tommorow we will get help in day 2, now our first 3 picks no defensive help. Now the song is that we can improve through FA. June 1st is not a bonanaza day anymore. Teams will be cutting people not worth the money anymore. So we are going to grab someone from a pool of end of too old or not good to begin with.

Our depth at LB, the heart of the D is so thin you can read the newspaper through it. The FO have ignored that for better then two years. We have done nothing in FA or the draft to fix that. I think that is a problem and am not going to grab onto any straw available. I had a lot of enthusiasm for this year going into the draft, but IMO this draft has been a disappointment.

14thDragon said:
So, yesterday I point out that we took no defensive impact, everyone is saying, hey, wait until tommorow we will get help in day 2, now our first 3 picks no defensive help. Now the song is that we can improve through FA. June 1st is not a bonanaza day anymore. Teams will be cutting people not worth the money anymore. So we are going to grab someone from a pool of end of too old or not good to begin with.

Our depth at LB, the heart of the D is so thin you can read the newspaper through it. The FO have ignored that for better then two years. We have done nothing in FA or the draft to fix that. I think that is a problem and am not going to grab onto any straw available. I had a lot of enthusiasm for this year going into the draft, but IMO this draft has been a disappointment.

Are you "Fred"? You know that drunken fireman who embarrasses himself at the Meadowlands?

In our opinion YOU area tremendous disappointment. You DO NOT understand the BB/Pioli philosophy and you are at least the MOST MORONIC IDIOT PATS FAN EVER to be crying about being disappointed with a Super Bowl wiun and a 2nd round appearance the past two years.

Again, you either are some dweeb looking for a winning team to follow, to boost your pathetic self esteem, OR you're a closet Jet fan. BTW nitwit, you seem to overlook the signing of the BEST DEFENSIVE LINEMAN IN THE NFL when you start shooting off your idiotic mouth about "we didn't do anything with the defense". Average the age of the defense and get back to us about how old it is....and BTW...please walk out into rush hour traffic you blind as a bat Mr. Magoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft