PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What team has the best fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
#6? That's a joke. Boston is a baseball town.

I lived for a couple years in the DC area and they're easily "better" fans. They talk football year round on sports-talk the way Boston talks baseball. There's no way baseball's winter meeting would ever dominate airtime during football season there. Oh, and they persevere through a crappy owner and support their team furiously.

Boston probably belongs somewhere around 20 out of 32 for football, maybe lower.

I live here in MD just North of DC.

They love their team, no doubt. But by acting like sheep for the worst owner in football, who has destroyed the franchise, charges the fans money to attend training camp and is a kanker sore of a human being.........they are NOT good fans. They should have run this charlatan out of town on a rail. The fact that they just sit and take it shows little backbone. Pats fans were like that during the 70's and 80's. Today if a Dan Snyder took over for Kraft, he wouldn't last 5 minutes in NE. Somehow the DC/MD/VA folks have meekly accepted it and buy the product.

I live here in MD just North of DC.

They love their team, no doubt. But by acting like sheep for the worst owner in football, who has destroyed the franchise, charges the fans money to attend training camp and is a kanker sore of a human being.........they are NOT good fans. They should have run this charlatan out of town on a rail. The fact that they just sit and take it shows little backbone. Pats fans were like that during the 70's and 80's. Today if a Dan Snyder took over for Kraft, he wouldn't last 5 minutes in NE. Somehow the DC/MD/VA folks have meekly accepted it and buy the product.

I think things started turning last year. A lot of the Snyder apologists seemed to become awfully critical of him. Maybe it's just because they were bad, and maybe it's because they'd otherwise have to question Gibbs, but the Snyder resentment seems to be pretty high right now.

Really, what can you do? Orioles fans don't bother going to games anymore, and when they do they wear bags on their heads or stage walkouts. You can't storm the building and hang the guy.

At the very least, buffalo, KC, Redskins, Raiders, dolphins have better fans than us. In these cities, "hot stove talk" is an unknown phrase. It's all NFL all the time.

I disagree with several of those teams. I will stay away from Buffalo because the last time I talked about the Bills, it turned to a really long thread (I will leave it at that).

The Raiders have a group of fans who are more passionate who sit in the black hole, but overall there is tepid fan support.

The Dolphins may have a pretty good sampling of fans nationally, but you can find as many Jets, Giants, and Pats fans in Southern Florida. I have to say the most emotionless fans at a game I have been to has to Dolphins fans when I went to Pro Player Stadium (now Dolphin Stadium). The Pats fans were rounder and louder at most points and I would have to say that about a quarter of the fans in the stadium seems to be Dolphins fans. The Dolphins couldn't even sell out their last home playoff game. I know their stadium is far bigger than ours, but it was a playoff game.

I think things started turning last year. A lot of the Snyder apologists seemed to become awfully critical of him. Maybe it's just because they were bad, and maybe it's because they'd otherwise have to question Gibbs, but the Snyder resentment seems to be pretty high right now.

Really, what can you do? Orioles fans don't bother going to games anymore, and when they do they wear bags on their heads or stage walkouts. You can't storm the building and hang the guy.

I never thought I'd say this, but, GOOD for the O's fans. They aren't meekly submitting their paychecks to the baseball equivalent of Snyder - - Peter Angelos. They are voting with their wallets.

The Skins fans (for whom I do feel bad - they are loyal and they love their team) are filling up a 98,000 seat stadium every week and PAYING for the right to attend TC. I understand no one wants to give up their lifetime place in line for season tkts, but they are letting this idiot destroy the Redskins FOOTBALL-wise while he pads his own pockets in turning them into the highest valued financial property in the NFL.

If that isn't an owner who is fleecing his team's fans, then I don't know who is.

I never thought I'd say this, but, GOOD for the O's fans. They aren't meekly submitting their paychecks to the baseball equivalent of Snyder - - Peter Angelos. They are voting with their wallets.

The Skins fans (for whom I do feel bad - they are loyal and they love their team) are filling up a 98,000 seat stadium every week and PAYING for the right to attend TC. I understand no one wants to give up their lifetime place in line for season tkts, but they are letting this idiot destroy the Redskins FOOTBALL-wise while he pads his own pockets in turning them into the highest valued financial property in the NFL.

If that isn't an owner who is fleecing his team's fans, then I don't know who is.

In fairness to Snyder, I feel he tries as hard or harder than any owner to win a Super Bowl. He is just incompetent and thinks he can build a franchise like building a fantasy football team. I think he tries just as hard as Bob Kraft to put a winner on the field he just hasn't learned how to hire someone who knows what he is doing (Vinny Cerrato is the luckiest man in the world because he doesn't know what he is doing and still has his job) and keep out of personal decisions.

I live in both Pittsburgh,and Denver in the late eighties, early ninties I'm going with Pittsburgh.Even when the team stunk there would be a 2-3 hour postgame show.Every Sunday was an event the town closed down hardly anyone on the streets. Denver's fan base was much broader people from Wyoming,Idaho,and Montana call Denver their team.

Last edited:
The old Foxboro stadium used to really rock.

well said - i have heard that the old Schaefer-Sullivan-Foxboro Stadium was really loud

Gillette Stadium is awesome and beautiful (i have been there 3 times an i have seen 2 games) but not loud for the reasons we discussed so many times

The team I'm rooting for!

I'm #1!
I'm #1!
I'm #1!

How exactly does one define "the best fans."

I say the Rams, because I am a Rams fan.

Iggles came in 11th. So it's a GOOD thing to have a jail on site? Is that part of the evaluation process?? Actually, I assume all teams have a "holding tank" for drunkin disorderlies, anyone know if that is true, or are the Iggles one of a kind?

How exactly does one define "the best fans."

:yeahthat: And who/what makes up this rankopedia? The fact that it can be edited speaks for itself I guess.

My first reaction was KC. IMO they live, eat, and breath their football.

I went to Green Bay for the Pats game last year and found the fans to be the nicest anywhere.

* I went to see the Patriots play the Titans in Nashville in 2002 and the game wasn't as close as the score. They kicked our butts. The Titans fans around us were sincerely apologetic that it wasn't a closer game. I've been to quite a few away games and never been treated like that. Real nice folks.

I think the acoustics in Gillette suck, which is a major problem. Also, some parts of the stadium are always rocking, and some are always dead. Last year I had season tix in 2 sections of the stadium. During the Denver game, my entire section was standing the whole game. During other games in other areas, people were sitting on their effing hands- actually, that was up in the 300s, surprisingly enough.

Anyway, I think that the Pats do have some great fans, as it evident by this board. But the ticket prices, wait for tickets, and stadium design sometimes kills the atmosphere at home games. Plus, we do come across as spoiled as a whole. If I was to judge, I would probably rank Pats' fans as "average".

I don't know the criteria...but that is OK 6th is just fine..

There is no criteria. It's a public poll. If more people in San Fransico decide to vote on any particular day, the 49'ers have the best fan base. This list constantly changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Back