PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What scares me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Whats scares me.

Slagathor said:
Canty was famous for celebrating making tackles on receivers 20 and 30 yards downfield.

I saw Hobbs do that a couple times last year

Not comparing Hobbs to Canty
?????? Remedial English 101 will help you understand what you are writing :D

But hey, feel free to believe that our DBs are the worst in a long time. It's your right. Just don't expect us to buy into it.

I'd take Hank Poteat any day over Canty. Omare Lowe, too. Even old Earthwind maybe, huh?

Anyway, it isn't like Canty was the only DB drafted in the old days that couldn't hold a candle to our DBs today. Don't forget Tony George, Chris Carter, J'Juan CHerry, and even Antwan Harris.

BB selected the renowned Brock Williams in the third round, and grabbed Hakim Akbar and Leonard Myers in the same draft.

And whatever happened to recent players Dexter Reid, Terrence Shaw, Shawn Meyer and our old buddy Dwayne Starks? Now if we had those guys back, I would agree that we were doomed.

Last edited:
Brownfan80 said:
Patsnut, I was blasted heavily and often in my Patsfans past with the same lines you're now attacking 'lesser fans' with, and I'll advise you to be a little less elitist with your views.

Not every fan is going to see a glass as half full. But that doesn't mean you should judge them as any less a fan, or say that they have any less a right to log onto this site. Save your fervor and vehemence for the trolls from other teams that will surely be here in force at some point this season, for even if a Patsfan says "I am worried about our situation" he's still a Patsfan and still pulling for the same team as you or I on Sundays.

Some of us are more gung-ho than others, it's life.. and that's up to you to deal with.

I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER, said or implied in any way that they have less right to log into this site- EVER.

It's the fiirst time that I've ever been accused of being "elitist" at any time in my life.

However, just as they have a right to be "Debbie Downers", I have a right to tell them that they are wrong. Any one can come on here and say anything that they want. I don't have the power, nor do I want it, to tell them not to come on here.

Just be prepared to be jumped on and don't whine about it. And,defending ones self is not whining.

My way of dealing with the negitive people is, when I feel like it, to tell them.

If some people don't like it, tough. Are their opinions any more worthy than mine? Do they need to be protected from big bad me?

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:
I have NEVER, I repeat NEVER, said or implied in any way that they have less right to log into this site- EVER.

It's the fiirst time that I've ever been accused of being "elitist" at any time in my life.

However, just as they have a right to be "Debbie Downers", I have a right to tell them that they are wrong. Any one can come on here and say anything that they want. I don't have the power, nor do I want it, to tell them not to come on here.

Just be prepared to be jumped on and don't whine about it. And,defending ones self is not whining.

My way of dealing with the negitive people is, when I feel like it, to tell them.

If some people don't like it, tough. Are their opinions any more worthy than mine? Do they need to be protected from big bad me?

My apologies if I mis-read your intent, but when you were talking about 'everyone knows what site you're logging onto when you come on patsfans..' it seemed like you were saying 'if you're not a fan, stay away'.

And by 'elitist' I just mean the inclination that certain fans are not true fans because they are pessimistic. I have been a "debbie downer" at points, and may again in the future, but I still am one of the biggest Patsfans that any of my friends have ever met.

It's just personalities I guess, if you're predisposed to be negative, it carries over into all things that you do. Now if you're a predisposed QUITTER then I guess that's different ;)

Hope I wasn't too offensive in my initial reply, came across with the defensiveness that I felt when I had those words aimed at me years ago, apologies all around!

Last edited by a moderator:
PATSNUTme said:

I support you and feel the same way. ;)

Brownfan80 said:
My apologies if I mis-read your intent, but when you were talking about 'everyone knows what site you're logging onto when you come on patsfans..' it seemed like you were saying 'if you're not a fan, stay away'.

And by 'elitist' I just mean the inclination that certain fans are not true fans because they are pessimistic. I have been a "debbie downer" at points, and may again in the future, but I still am one of the biggest Patsfans that any of my friends have ever met.

It's just personalities I guess, if you're predisposed to be negative, it carries over into all things that you do. Now if you're a predisposed QUITTER then I guess that's different ;)

Hope I wasn't too offensive in my initial reply, came across with the defensiveness that I felt when I had those words aimed at me years ago, apologies all around!

Not a problem. There are certain people who have the Red Sox attitude inbred.

I just don't have it. On a day like today when there is such positive news Patriots Nation, it is beyond my comprehension that people would choose to be negitive.

Also, I've been a Patriots fan since 1970 and suffered through some awful teams and bad situations for this team all around. Many others on this board have too, and I think that you will find them to be the most optimistic.

After what this franchise has done for the fans over the past 6 years, I just don't understand the attitude. I don't question if people are fans or not. I just go by what they say and post.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:
Not a problem. There are certain people who have the Red Sox attitude inbred.

I just don't have it. On a day like today when therw is positive news Patriots Nation, it is beyond my comprehension that people would choose to be negitive.

Also, I've been a Patriots fan since 1970 and suffered through some awful teams and bad situations for this team all around.

After what this franchise has done for the fans over the past 6 years, I just don't understand the attitude. I don't question if people are fans or not. I just go by what they say and post.

If you don't update your location I'll accuse you of not being a fan. :D

That's been bugging the heck out of me all afternoon. :D

Last edited:
pats1 said:
If you don't update your location I'll accuse you of not being a fan. :D

That's been bugging the heck out of me all afternoon. :D

Is that better now. I alway considered his being on the PUP as fake.

The NFL should really change that term. It just doesn't seem to fit these players.

Re: Whats scares me.

mgteich said:
SAFETIES
As of now we have a street free agent (someone no one wanted) and a STer turned nickel back as our starting safeties, with a couple of special teamers as backups.

Didn't we pick up a street free agent as a starting saftey in 2003? How did that work out? Not saying that T-Buc will be as successful, but being a street free agent is not automatically a worthless player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News