Status
Not open for further replies.
Kdo5 said:
:singing:

Now is the secondary a concern?
For the opposition it is, not us :D

BelichickFan said:
For the opposition it is, not us :D

Let's see how Harrsion looks after a few pre-season games.

I find everbody's "glass is half full" mentality refreshing and contagious.

I'll keep my finger on the panic button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gay's returned off the PUP.

Heres how I figure the depth looks.

CB:
Asante Samuel
Ellis Hobbs
Randall Gay
Chad Scott
Eric Warfield
Hank Poteat

S:
Rodney Harrison
Eugene Wilson
Artrell Hawkins
James Sanders
Tebucky Jones
Guss Scott
Willie Andrews

I could be missing someone but youve got some people trying to make the team like S Raymond Ventrone.

Last edited:
Nothing should scare anyone today....RODNEY is back!!!!

Slagathor said:
Let's see how Harrsion looks after a few pre-season games.

I find everbody's "glass is half full" mentality refreshing and contagious.

I'll keep my finger on the panic button.

Seems like I started a thread a few days ago called "just for the record:this is Patsfans.com". I had some posters in mind when I did that.

I doubt very seriously if you see Rodney (most Patriots fans call him Rodney, Mr. Harrison, or God) play in any preseason games. He does not need it to be ready for the regular season.

PATSNUTme said:
Seems like I started a thread a few days ago called "just for the record:this is Patsfans.com". I had some posters in mind when I did that.

I doubt very seriously if you see Rodney (most Patriots fans call him Rodney, Mr. Harrison, or God) play in any preseason games. He does not need it to be ready for the regular season.

Yeah I read that post. Kind of self serving.

Kind of McCarthyistic too.

If you're thought process isn't "Bill Belichick can beat Al-Queda with one arm tied behind his back", then your not a Pats fan and you don't belong here?

I'm has dedicated a fan to this team as anyone. I've just never worn the rose colored glasses and there's no foam at the corners of my mouth.

Last edited:
Slagathor said:
Yeah I read that post. Kind of self serving. THIS IS NOT MY WESITE SO HOW CAN IT BE SELF SERVIING>

Kind of McCarthyistic too.-PULLED THAT ONE OUT OF YOUR ASS>

If you're thought process isn't "Bill Belichick can beat Al-Queda with one arm tied behind his back", then your not a Pats fan and you don't belong here? DUMB!!!!

I'm has dedicated a fan to this team as anyone. I've just never worn the rose colored glasses and there's no foam at the corners of my mouth.

Then I would suggest a good eye laxative to help you with your crappy outlook.

Then you need to take some reading lessons.

Are you shocked because on a site named Pasfans.com that there are many people who don't share your pessimism? You did notice the site name before you logged in, didn't you?

But, I have have no more time to waste on Chicken Littles.

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

Are you shocked because on a site named Pasfans.com that there are many people who don't share your pessimism? You did notice the site name before you logged in, didn't you?

Patsnut, I was blasted heavily and often in my Patsfans past with the same lines you're now attacking 'lesser fans' with, and I'll advise you to be a little less elitist with your views.

Not every fan is going to see a glass as half full. But that doesn't mean you should judge them as any less a fan, or say that they have any less a right to log onto this site. Save your fervor and vehemence for the trolls from other teams that will surely be here in force at some point this season, for even if a Patsfan says "I am worried about our situation" he's still a Patsfan and still pulling for the same team as you or I on Sundays.

Some of us are more gung-ho than others, it's life.. and that's up to you to deal with.

Last edited:
On the contrary, I think this defensive backfield will be terrific if it stays healthy. But then again, health is always the key.

Another reason not to hit the panic switch about the secondary is they don't have to cover as long as other teams DB's do. The Pats Front Seven are about as good as it gets in the NFL. The DL has been completely rebuilt over the past four years and Rosey Colvin is back to his double digit sack player. The hounds will be released this year....

In addition, their top flight run stopping on early downs gives the Pats a lot of 2nd and 3rd and longs (see the stretch drive of last season) - which means a lot of nickle and dimes for the DBs. Wilson thrives in those special team's situation as he is a safety (or 3rd corner) that can really cover. And Tebucky and Chad Scott have been brought in to match up against TEs and big WRs, a defensive liability for several years. Then the talent of the front seven on 3rd and long takes over... and the major PASS RUSH will make each Pats DB about a 1/2 step better.

For me, defensive dominance up front is one of the most exciting parts of this season. And now we have Rodney to back them up again!

Fear not....

Last edited:
PATSNUTme said:

I have no issue with folks not sharing my feelings about the secondary.

Debate and healthy discourse are okay with me.

You calling me chicken little is Ok too.

The thread you created dealt with the idea that people who don't follow your criteria as fans don't belong on here.

Am I wrong?

Last edited:
Re: Whats scares me.

Mike the Brit said:
I suspect you don't remember the great days of Earthwind and Troy Brown ...
Hey, you left out Omare Lowe. Anyway, as soon as the original poster listed Wilson, Hobbs, Samuel, Gay, etc as being worse than Chris Canty I realized he wasn't serious.

Last edited:
rhubma said:
Another reason not to hit the panic switch about the secondary is they don't have to cover as long as other teams DB's do. The Pats Front Seven are about as good as it gets in the NFL. The DL has been completely rebuilt over the past four years and Rodney Colvin is back to his double digit sack player. The hounds will be released this year....

In addition, their top flight run stopping on early downs gives the Pats a lot of 2nd and 3rd and longs (see the stretch drive of last season) - which means a lot of nickle and dimes for the DBs. Wilson thrives in those special team's situation as he is a safety (or 3rd corner) that can really cover. And Tebucky and Chad Scott have been brought in to match up against TEs and big WRs, a defensive liability for several years. The the talent of the front seven on 3rd and long takes over... and the major PASS RUSH will make each Pats DB about a 1/2 step better.

For me, defensive dominance up front is one of the most exciting parts of this season. And now we have Rodney to back them up again!

Fear not....

Well said, and spot on. If our front seven plays up to their ability, the back four will have a much easier go of it.

Think about it -- how much of a difference does it make to the DBs when they know the opposing offense has to throw the ball? Safeties like Wilson and Harrison can just sit back and ball-hawk the QB, corners can stick to their man (or zone) without having to worry about coming up for run support.

spacecrime said:
Hey, you left out Omare Lowe. Anyway, as soon as the original poster listed Wilson and the others are being worse than Chris Canty I realized he wasn't serious.

I think as a group of DB's they are about as talented and productive as they were during the very short Chris Canty era. That's what I was trying to get at.

Actually if you recall, Canty was famous for celebrating making tackles on receivers 20 and 30 yards downfield.

I saw Hobbs do that a couple times last year and it annoyed the heck out of me.

Not comparing Hobbs to Canty by any stretch, but I think he's a long ways off from being as good as he thinks he is.

rhubma said:
And Tebucky and Chad Scott have been brought in to match up against TEs and big WRs, a defensive liability for several years.

I think covering TE's is going to be the key now and in the future. The whole NFL is in love with athletic TE's and we were burned last year by every good one we matched up against (Crumpler, Gates, Gonzalez, Dallas Clark etc) Thank God in the AFC East there is only one (All-Turd Team Randy McMichael).
What I saw happen last year is that the new breed of large safety ( like Sean Taylor and the Davis kid in Carolina) started going one on one with these guys. There are maybe a handful of linebackers in the entire league who have the speed to recover against these TE's. The two TE set is going to en vogue for the next few years, and we need to be ready for it if we want to contend.

Slagathor said:
Using the history of injuries we've had in the seconday over the past couple of years, why don't you help me press it.

If you lose a guy like Eugene Wislon and/or lets say Asante, I promise you the panic button is gonna get worn out.

In my opinion, getting passed Indy, Cincy and even a team like Miami will be very difficult. Say what you want about Culpepper. Give him an opportunity to throw to Chambers as he did to Moss, it could be scary.
Sorry I don't panic that fast...never have..never will..

Slagathor said:
Being the honorable man that I am. I'll lay down a couple of cases of Sam for anyone who'll wager with me that the Pat's Pass D will be in the bottom third for Pass D this upcoming season. Call it ranked 24th or higher. If they do any better than that, I'll happily deliver the brew to your door.

I'll take a few wagers at that. Don't mind filling up the fridge.

Slagathor,

I shouldn't be taking candy from a baby but...

DEAL !!

Please make mine Guinness Stout. I luv Black and Tans...

AzPatsFan said:
Slagathor,

I shouldn't be taking candy from a baby but...

DEAL !!

Please make mine Guinness Stout. I luv Black and Tans...

Although somebody already took me up on my wager, I may consider it. You realize personal delivery to your location is out of the question???!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes