PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

what is your Favorite Sport to Watch when the Pats season is over?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What if your Favorite Sport to watch when the Pats season is over?

• Baseball

Votes: 47 37.9%
  • Basketball

Votes: 22 17.7%
  • Hockey

Votes: 16 12.9%
  • Nascar

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Arena Football

Votes: 3 2.4%
  • Boxing

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • UFC

Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 21.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Psh Americans with your baseball, HOCKEY! nothing more exciting than seeing the whole division making a playoff push man the northwest division is so tight!

absolutely....hockey is an awesome sport, and i love watching my neighbor, Sid the Kid, tear it up Sidney!!

Man the west is crazy close this year CP....Detroit is having an awesome year...

Last edited:
Soccer, in Europe is the main sport.

And Formula One of course. :D

Last edited:
MMA is gay, I put that on the list with NASCAR, its NOT a sport. Im not going to explaing why because i dont want to, but I'll tell you this, if you beat the sht out of people, or get the sht beat out of you, you are not in a sport, you are in an "idiot ring"
Thats what makes the NFL so great, people getting the sht beat out of them.

So I take it you didn't watch the Super Bowl?

Last edited:
Sox and Bruins. I do watch the Celtics, just not as much.

Most other sports do not hold my attention, but really enjoy watching Tiger Woods..

How can one enjoy watching golf on tv? I'm not knocking playing it - (on a nice day, its good to shot 9...I can not shot 18...too much time wasted to me) - or maybe seeing it in person (just once will be enuf though). But, seeing Tiger drive it 350 yards as opposed to a regular 275 by another pro looks the same on tv! Boooring......snoooze.....come on...

Thats what makes the NFL so great, people getting the sht beat out of them.

So I take it you didn't watch the Super Bowl?

oh I watched it, try not to think about it, but I watched it.

Baseball! Can't grow up in Boston and not be a Sox fan...Go Sox!

The NFL Network.

Nothing except the Olympics.

I find baseball oppressively dull. The CFL sucks. Can't watch cars go in a circle or a guy smack a white ball into a white sky...eck.

NFL Football simply is the perfect sport.

:rocker:

Nothing except the Olympics.

I find baseball oppressively dull. The CFL sucks. Can't watch cars go in a circle or a guy smack a white ball into a white sky...eck.

NFL Football simply is the perfect sport.

:rocker:

Excellent post.

Well I have Tampa Bay Rays season tickets even thought they are my #2 team behind the Red Sox. I also have Tampa Bay Storm (Arena) season tickets.

I never knew Arena football existed when I lived up in Boston. You guys should check it out, its entertaining as hell and the players are a lot more down to earth and accessible.

Last edited:
College hoops. The next two weeks are my favorite non-football related sports weeks. The championship week tournaments and the first weekend of the NCAA's are outstanding.
I second that. I am a big fan of both men's and women's college hoops. I root for UConn, Duke, NC State, BC, and UNC, in that order.

I used to be a huge Celtics fan, going back to the days of Russell and the Cooz. When I was twelve years old, I used to take the "T" from Brookline to "th' Gahdin", meet my cousin from Mattapan, and we could buy tickets near midcourt, in the lower loge, an hour before the game, for $2.50. There were plenty of good seats available to see the epic battles between Russ and Wilt.

One time, we got there early before the gates opened. A small crowd had gathered waiting for the gates to open. Suddenly I saw a huge person walk right by me. It was Wilt Chamberlain!

My Celtic/NBA enthusiasm slowly wanted over the past 20 years. I agree, to an extent, with whoever said the NBA game has become unwatchable since the late 80-s Pistons teams. For me, its too much emphasis on individual superstars and "circus" plays. But, with the Celtics resurgance, I must admit I am following them again.

One last thought in this thread: it is noteworthy (but maybe not altogether surprising) how few of us football nuts watch arena football.

edit: Oh, one other thing: my first love was baseball, specifically the Red Sox, and I still root for them emotionally but I simply cannot endure the boredom of the average game. I start watching games seriously no earlier than September 15th. There are too many games and the games have too much dead air (if you know what I mean).

Last edited:
One last thought in this thread: it is noteworthy (but maybe not altogether surprising) how few of us football nuts watch arena football.

I used to be a huge Mass Maraders fan but than they moved away :D

absolutely....hockey is an awesome sport, and i love watching my neighbor, Sid the Kid, tear it up Sidney!!

Man the west is crazy close this year CP....Detroit is having an awesome year...
Hockey is an awesome sport - but NHL hockey has a major defect for me - the fighting. I do not enjoy seeing men bash on each other. I made the mistake of taking my grandkids to a preseason Canes game - how do you explain to 5 and 7 year olds why the players are hitting each other in the face, and most of the crowd is screaming in excitement about it?

Hockey is an awesome sport - but NHL hockey has a major defect for me - the fighting. I do not enjoy seeing men bash on each other. I made the mistake of taking my grandkids to a preseason Canes game - how do you explain to 5 and 7 year olds why the players are hitting each other in the face, and most of the crowd is screaming in excitement about it?

Yeah I understand your concern there PL. Unfortunately that is part of the game. Personally I don't mind watching a fight here and there and sometimes a fight is the best thing that can happen. I mean sorry to sound like Cherry here but sometimes a fight takes away from someone getting smashed into the boards, getting slashed by a stick across the face or something else serious.

Hockey can be a violent sport for sure, some of those guys ain't too small. Not the size of a defensive end or anything like that, but it is a very fast game, and if you don't think so, strap on some skates against some quality players and you'll find out.

Grass roots hockey here in NS, and I am assuming in Maine, Mass. VT, NH or anywhere else is a great sport. The odd fight in the pros is not a bad thing. There are few times that someone goes a bit nuts and the media jumps on the league and says.."see, that is why hockey sucks, it is too barbaric"...but those incidents are not common at all. Keep in mind there are also some barbaric plays in football that occur too....

Yeah I understand your concern there PL. Unfortunately that is part of the game. Personally I don't mind watching a fight here and there and sometimes a fight is the best thing that can happen. I mean sorry to sound like Cherry here but sometimes a fight takes away from someone getting smashed into the boards, getting slashed by a stick across the face or something else serious.

Hockey can be a violent sport for sure, some of those guys ain't too small. Not the size of a defensive end or anything like that, but it is a very fast game, and if you don't think so, strap on some skates against some quality players and you'll find out.

Grass roots hockey here in NS, and I am assuming in Maine, Mass. VT, NH or anywhere else is a great sport. The odd fight in the pros is not a bad thing. There are few times that someone goes a bit nuts and the media jumps on the league and says.."see, that is why hockey sucks, it is too barbaric"...but those incidents are not common at all. Keep in mind there are also some barbaric plays in football that occur too....

Agree with the fighting 'reasoning' here: it's to keep the other team honest so that no sh*t will be acceptable (cheap shots, etc.). I would not bring kids that young to the game yet, if u were still in Boston area, take them to a college hockey game. The college game is really skilled at the Division 1 level (I went to BU) and no fighting ~ 99.9% of the time ( I saw 1 in the last 10 years) with most players NHL prospects. I personally like the fighting - big bad Bruins in the 70's would use it to change the other flashy / skilled teams (e.g. Canadiens) style of play (more reluctant to go in front / the corners, etc.). Hockey is the best 'skilled' game on earth!

definately college basketball but when that is over I make the switch to baseball. The timing is great!

Oh no, fighting and violence. Better keep the grandkids away from videogames, or the TV period. How do you explain to the grandkids why 250 lb. men are gang tackling a 220 lb. man in football? It's part of the sport. It keeps the other team honest, pumps up the crowd, and provides a good show. Kids are smarter than you'd think; they'll realize it's part of the sport. Then again, every kid gets in fights too.

Oh no, fighting and violence. Better keep the grandkids away from videogames, or the TV period. How do you explain to the grandkids why 250 lb. men are gang tackling a 220 lb. man in football? It's part of the sport. It keeps the other team honest, pumps up the crowd, and provides a good show. Kids are smarter than you'd think; they'll realize it's part of the sport. Then again, every kid gets in fights too.
That is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. Your snide sarcastic way of expressing it, though, is not appreciated.

Once football season is over, the sports season is over for me. Unless you count kids wrestling which I took a liking to since my son signed up for it this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News