Votes: 26 14.2%
  • 2004 Pats

Votes: 47 25.7%
  • other

Votes: 16 8.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
every day walking to work i walk through tarring that looks just like field goal posts, and i recite gil's call in my head:
"lonie paxton will snap, ken walter will hold. snap...ball down...kick is up, kick is on the way, and it is.............GOOOOOOD, IT'S GOOOD, IT'S GOOOOD, ADAM VINATIERI BOOTS A 48 YARD FIELD GOAL, AND THE GAME IS OVER, AND THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS...THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!"

damn, reading these made me cry, thinkin back to my favorite moments ever as a sports fan, thanks chris

so i looked it up, and if you want to hear the call here's a link:
http://www.doza.biz/Patriots_Win.mp3
definitely a pleasant listen

anyways, over time bits and pieces had escaped my memory, here are his actual words (although i was pretty darn close):

"Ken Walter will hold, Lonie Paxton will snap. From the far hasmark angled to the left for Adam Vinatieri. 48 yard field goal attmpt. Set to go, snap, ball down, kick up, kick is on the way, and it is GOOOOD, IT'S GOOD, IT'S GOOD. ADAM VINATIERI BOOMS A 48 YARD FIELD GOAL AND THE GAME IS OVER, AND THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!"

You never forget your first Superbowl and I just loved the underdog role they played as double digit underdogs. People compare this year's Giants to the '01 Pats but I strongly disagree. There was NO ONE picking the Pats to win it that year.

I voted 03, because of the WAY we played.
We gutted out wins. We dominated on defense.
The playoff run, beating both co-MVPs to get to the SB, and knowing whatever it took during that SB we were winning was the best.

This year ranks 4th. If anything lower than 4th. We won 3 SBs when we maybe were not the best team (or preceived as that) but were the best WINNERS. Being the best team, but not the best WINNERS is the worst thing IMO. I almost rate the 2005 season ahead of this one, because that team had built in issues, fought all year, and ran out of gas. That is more rewarding to me that 18-0 followed by 0-1.

Watching Dillon run over the Colts defense in the AFC divisional playoffs while the Colts offense disintegrated without Ty Law and Tyrone Poole at cornerback for the Patriots was special.

As pissed off as I am at them, I like this year's team. The lovable underdog is great, but this year's team parallels Icarus enough that it's legitimately fascinating. Assuming that they win another one before it's all said and done, I think that I'll look back, over time, and think of this team as the only sports team that has ever actually caused me to get introspective in a meaningful and productive way.

I picked '01 but '03 was by far the most exciting for me! Tennesee game, Indy goal line stand with first and goal on 2, Texans game we should have lost, dallas Game, the begining of the 21 game streak and the Panthers slug fest Super Bowl!

so i looked it up, and if you want to hear the call here's a link:
http://www.doza.biz/Patriots_Win.mp3
definitely a pleasant listen

anyways, over time bits and pieces had escaped my memory, here are his actual words (although i was pretty darn close):

"Ken Walter will hold, Lonie Paxton will snap. From the far hasmark angled to the left for Adam Vinatieri. 48 yard field goal attmpt. Set to go, snap, ball down, kick up, kick is on the way, and it is GOOOOD, IT'S GOOD, IT'S GOOD. ADAM VINATIERI BOOMS A 48 YARD FIELD GOAL AND THE GAME IS OVER, AND THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS, THE PATRIOTS ARE SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS! THE BEST TEAM IN THE NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE!"

Thank you. I got goosebumps listening to that.

Watching Dillon run over the Colts defense in the AFC divisional playoffs while the Colts offense disintegrated without Ty Law and Tyrone Poole at cornerback for the Patriots was special.

what we did to indy that year was kind of like what the g-men did to us in the sb

I have to vote for the 04 team. They had the power running game, controlled passing, a physical D and of course....the clutch kicker.

I have to vote for the 04 team. They had the power running game, controlled passing, a physical D and of course....the clutch kicker.
Agreed, all were very special but I have to go with the 2004 team. :)

It was the best Patriots team ever. Winning the 3rd Super Bowl cemented the Patriots as a team for the ages and comparable to any other dynasty. I loved how they were the defending champs, entered the season as the favorites, and still prevailed in the end. I also loved how all the haters tried to talk up Pittsburgh and Indy, only to have the Pats destroy them. Those are my two favorite Pats games ever. The 2nd half of the Indy playoff game is simply the finest football I've ever seen. The Patriots outscored the Colts 14-0, perfectly executed their game plan on both sides of the ball, with ball control on offense and physical domination on defense. The Colts being intimidated and having their will broken to me was the most electric feeling I've ever had watching football.

That was the first year that I was proud to be a Pats fan. Great team that made me as a 11 year old kid excited and football became my favorite sport. The ending broke my heart but I still look back it's still very special.

FU Roadshow FTW!

I voted for the '03 team. Most people see the '04 team as the most dominant during the run, but I gotta say that the '03 team would beat that '04 team. They beat TEN teams who had 10 wins or more, shut down the greatest chicken dance on turf in the AFCC, and had more "fun" wins than any other team in Patriots' history (Both Colts games, the post-blizzard game vs. Miami, the Texans game (an oft forgotten, improbable game where Brady hit Daniel Graham on 4th and 1 to tie it, and Vinatieri shook off two misses and drilled a game winner with seconds left in OT), reversing 31-0 on the last Saturday of the season, beating Miami in OT after getting no breaks whatsoever, the intentional safety in Denver, and so on). Plus that defense was just AWESOME...

This year was the most fun ride, but you can't vote for the crash landing. I voted for 2003, each week was a new fun and exciting game.

The playoffs were 3 good games, I hate Tennessee, I hate Indy, and the Super Bowl was a classic.

Someone mentioned the game in Houston...The play Willie McGinest made was great, they were at I think the 35, and he stopped Dominick Davis for a 5-yard loss and we got the ball back and won. They were basically IN field goal range, though it was a boot from there.

2003. The drama of losing Milloy a week before the season, and then getting shut out 31-0 by Buffalo only to shut them out 31-0 in the last game of the season, the highlight reel hits by newly acquired Rodney Harrison, the goal line stand in Indianapolis, negative wind-chill playoff games in Foxboro, the second Vinatieri kick, Ty Law intercepting MVP Peyton Manning three times in the AFC championship game, Jarvis Green sacking MVP Peyton Manning three times in the AFC championship game...how is there any argument?

...Prison raping Indianapolis 20-3 in the divisional round of 2004 was pretty awesome too though

Good thread and worthy of a bump. I voted the 2004 edition of our beloved Pats. That was simply the best team I have ever seen assembled in New England from front to bottom. Brady was on his game, the defense was staunch and loaded, Branch and Givens were coming into their own, Corey Dillon was an absolute BEAST, and Troy Brown was (in my opinion) the team MVP that season willingly moving to defense to play cornerback when injuries took their toll.

The 2007 team was great, and I would put them right behind 2004 despite the fact that they didn't win the Super Bowl. After that, I would say 2001 then 2003 even though the 2003 edition was better. I just loved the fact that we were underdogs that won it all in '01.

2001. The only Pats team that made me cry tears of joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft