Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Which offensive style do you like better?

• Air game/gunslinger/big yardage in the air/QB centric

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Smashmouth/grinding/run focused/QB less key

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Possession/game manager/short passes/control the clock and the ball

Votes: 29 60.4%
  • Two way/ running QB/RPO and triple option

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Something else.

Votes: 8 16.7%

• Total voters
Cowboy position .........

Last edited:
I love the dink and dunk, backed up with a strong running game... methodically moving the chains, creating an atmosphere of impending doom because it is inevitable... nothing better when a back in the flat breaks one wide open and gobbles up huge chunks of yardage...

How about building a dominant OL that can open holes for a dominant RB Corps, while providing solid pass protection for a QB who has the arm and overall talent to get the ball to any of the three levels of the field (and everything in between) to a decently skilled Receiving Corps, but has some decent enough mobility (doesn't need to be a Lamar type to do that) to extend plays if needed.

When the clock turns to 00:00 the record book doesn't care how you scored the points. The only thing that matters is whether you scored more than the opposition. So my preference is for a team that consistently scores more than it allows.
YMMV

I love the dink and dunk, backed up with a strong running game... methodically moving the chains, creating an atmosphere of impending doom because it is inevitable... nothing better when a back in the flat breaks one wide open and gobbles up huge chunks of yardage...
I like that... I'd also add that style allows for play action as well.. as you bring the safeties up closer to LOS to help with the run.. therefore the TEs have more room to operate.. I'm going to love seeing Gibson catching it out the backfield going for 40..

2015 might be my favorite Patriots offense before the injuries piled up. It wasn't until week 11 that they were held to under 27 pts. Gronk/Edelman/Dion Lewis/Blount. I'm foaming at the gash just thinking about it.

I absolutely loved seeing Dion on the field. Also, incredible player in the post-season.

Preference is smashmouth football and a punishing defense

With that said i've never seen more enjoyable units to watch than the 1989 and 1994 49ers. Closest thing to art on a football field.

07 Pats were up there but those 9er teams mixed the run and pass better.
That 94' niners team was good

That 94' niners team was good
If not for disastrous 1st quarter with turnovers by the Cowboys they would of 3 peated. Cowboys fumbled twice and had a pick 6 in the first 3 minutes of the game. It was 21-0 and the final score was 38-28. Michael Irvin had like 200 and 2 tds that game. Good teams cause the turnovers but that was very unlike them.

I'm a connesuir of the Matt Patricia/Joe Judge offense that doesn't allow the QB to audible.

I personally prefer a smashmouth style of play. That way they can get their game on and go play and become all stars. But I mean what do I know? I ain't the sharpest tool in the shed. However you'll never know if you don't go! You'll never shine if you don't glow!

Not intended to do more than simply ask, if you had to pick an offensive identity for the Patriots, and talent wasn't an issue, what style do you prefer. Something more like the Rodgers/Manning style air game? A heavy smashmouth rushing attack with the QB playing second fiddle like we did in 2001? The possession based discipline focused game we played in the early dynasty? Something more fluid like the RPO/Run-and-shoot/triple option that requires a very athletic QB? Or something else?

Simply put, which do you like watching better?
None of the above.
The most successful offenses in nfl history have been balanced.
Every. Single. Dynasty. Had a balanced offense. Run/pass ratio very close.
Green Bay. Steelers. Niners.Cowboys.
Patriots. Patriots. Patriots. Chiefs.
There have only been 8 nfl dynasties. Patriots have 3 of em by most experts:
1.) 2001-04. Pats and Cowboys (early 90s) are the only nfl teams to win 3 in 4 years.
2.) 2014-2018. 3 in 5 years. Same as what KC just did. Could easily have been 5 straight! Holy ****!
3.) 2001- 2018. Niners dynasty is based on longevity of a decade. Patriots longterm dynasty is better than Niners longterm dynasty.
They all had strong passing  and running games.
Great offenses and defenses,incl. KC
Balance,dude. It's important in life and football

Hire McDaniels back asap! That's the only guy I trust to coach up a new qb! He has the resume, hands down!

Any offense that looks at the 2023 Patriots and doesn’t do that.

Personally I don't want a "style". I want to be the team that morphs into whatever is needed to win on THAT particular week. That's when the Pats are at their best.

That being said, you first have to build an offense that can do that. You need to have at least 2 strong RB's to take the beating of a long season, PLUS a 3rd down threat. You need a strong OL who can excel both in protection and the run. You need to have WR's who are smart, talented and above all flexible enough to line up all over the field. Most importantly, you need a QB who can lead and throw accurately enough to move the chains and excel in the red zone. I would like for the offense NOT to have an identity, but rather be like the defense often is, seemingly almost "positionless" . On week against a team who is good against the run, come out and air it out early and often, If they have a strong secondary and great, but smallish edge rushers, pound the **** out of them.

Unfortunately that is an ULTIMATE goal. This year is all about finding out what this offense is capable of doing, so we won't see it happening overnight. My HOPE is that we end up with Maye OR Daniels and we they are disciplined enough to be "game managers". That our OC controls his development and we see his impact grow as he develops.

I think a stat line like 3500 yds - 20 TD's and 9 picks and something like 40 sacks would be an OUTSTANDING performance.

We were building towards smash mouth, control the clock but that got derailed by abysmal OL play. The run game was much better in 2021 and 2022. With the NFL getting lighter and more athletic, and those players being more expensive, it appears to me that strength is the right counterpunch.

Personally I believe trying to be a WC, play action team is a loser’s game. The best teams are doing that because they have the personnel to do that. Correlation does not equal causation. Followers follow, leaders lead. Winners win, losers lose. Skate to where the puck is going, not where it is. How many more cliches would you like?

Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Back