Welcome to PatsFans.com

What is strength of victory?????

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Pats726, Dec 30, 2006.

1. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

I am tryng to find out what the heck that is???
    I know it has to do with the teams one is victorious over..and I kind of guess it is a pct of those teams wins and losses ALL combined...but if a team has rwo victories over a certain team )in teh division) is that record counted ONCE or twice?? Just confused and amazed that a NY GB thing may come down to that...
  2. bobgeorge

bobgeorge Moderator

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Aggregate win percentage of all the teams your team defeated.

Strength of schedule is the aggregate win percentage of all the teams on the schedule, not just the teams you beat.

Bob G
  3. mgteich

mgteich PatsFans.com Veteran PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +211 / 14 / -2

Strength of victory is total number of victories for all the team you beat. If you beat a team twice, then they count twice. The NFC is very unlikely to come down to that. If the Giants win, almost every game in the league must turn out right for GB to get the spot.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Thanks...THAt wa sthe one thing I didn't know..that you count a teams's record twice IF you win twice.
  5. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

Actiually according to the NFL site itself..it lists strength of Victory as the tiebreaker between NY and GB if both win. THAt is more probable than many scenarios..although if Chicago makes any effort they should make Favre's last game a nightmare.