PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

What I don't get about the hate for Moss?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also don't get all the hate for Moss. I keep reading to trade Moss for draft picks. What kind of picks are we going to get? And who is going to replace his production? Of course, maybe it just doesn't matter. Seems to me that people want to blame someone and Randy just fits the bill. Moss has one more year left on his contract. After that he can sign with whomever he wants. And the Pats certainly could trade him. But if Randy doesn't want to go to that team he will just retire.

Nobody hates Moss, did people hate Seymour? No, how about Cassel? Branch? No, some people just believe that it could be a better decision in the long term to deal Moss before his contract is up because he is aging and there are plenty of younger wide receiver targets in this draft and in free agency. I dont really care either way, IBBWT but I would hope that we can get a receiver through Free agency and a couple in the draft along with Moss, Edleman and maybe even Welker late next season.

Not a single receiver had a good game against Revis. As for Baltimore, Moss WAS a decoy. He was a decoy in week 3 of the regular season, but he did "contribute" score wise as well (3 rec, 50 yards, 1 TD). As for the playoff game, Moss was our leading receiver of the game (5 rec, 48 yards). The problem wasn't him, it was the entire team. Brady throws 3 picks (4 turnovers) and looks lost, the O-line falls apart, and the team fall behind 24-0 and you blame Moss?

Finally, there is NO evidence what so ever that Moss had "attitude" problems this year. You completely FABRICATED THAT. Way to jump to conclusions.

Watch Vincent Jackson work Revis if they match him up one on one. Who The F*ck is blaming Moss? I cant find one post that specifically points to Moss as the reason to any loss but the offense as a whole.

Nobody hates Moss, did people hate Seymour? No, how about Cassel? Branch? No, some people just believe that it could be a better decision in the long term to deal Moss before his contract is up because he is aging and there are plenty of younger wide receiver targets in this draft and in free agency. I dont really care either way, IBBWT but I would hope that we can get a receiver through Free agency and a couple in the draft along with Moss, Edleman and maybe even Welker late next season.

You deal Moss away and you are left with what for WR exactly? Welker won't likely be ready to start the season, so we would have practically no one at WR. If we trade Moss we would need to get AT LEAST 3 quality receivers. It simply doesn't make sense to trade Moss.

Watch Vincent Jackson work Revis if they match him up one on one. Who The F*ck is blaming Moss? I cant find one post that specifically points to Moss as the reason to any loss but the offense as a whole.

And off what evidence are you making that prediction?

"Who the f*ck is blaming moss?" Did you not see the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts blaming Moss for our offensive struggles (and reasons for losing the SB in '07) all season long? Blasting him for "dogging it", calling into question his work ethic and leadership, etc etc. Moss is easily the most harshly (and unfairly) criticized player on the team.

Some people do hate Moss. Just listen to the sports shows and you will hear it. If the Pats feel their team will be better without Randy then they will try to deal him or cut him. Time will tell.

And off what evidence are you making that prediction?

"Who the f*ck is blaming moss?" Did you not see the dozens of threads and hundreds of posts blaming Moss for our offensive struggles (and reasons for losing the SB in '07) all season long? Blasting him for "dogging it", calling into question his work ethic and leadership, etc etc. Moss is easily the most harshly (and unfairly) criticized player on the team.

Ive seen Vincent Jackson play and he has the speed, and height to beat Vincent Jackson. Everybody is ready to anoint Revis as the next Dieon, Honestly he benefits from the system in NY more than any other player. Yes hes a good corner and top 5 no doubt but hes no Dieon and I honestly dont think hes better than Nnamdi. Let me ask you this, the Ravens average corners looked pretty good last year as well and I can name one of them. Hell they looked pretty damn good yesterday. And Nope, show me one thread by a legit poster after this game? Moss does "dog" it but I dont see how that cost us the game.

Put me down as a Randy Moss fan,so the Jets (meaning Revis)shut him down,he seems to shut down every wideout he plays against.....Moss is a great weapon for this team.However,if the team doesnt have balance,its easy to remove a threat.Pats arent balanced on offence.

You deal Moss away and you are left with what for WR exactly? Welker won't likely be ready to start the season, so we would have practically no one at WR. If we trade Moss we would need to get AT LEAST 3 quality receivers. It simply doesn't make sense to trade Moss.

Read my post that you quoted, if you did think we dealt moss do you think it would be before or after free agency begins? :rolleyes:

And he put up these numbers while being on Revis island twice this year, and playing on a non warm climate or dome team.

In 08 he was playing with a rookie and could have quit on the team, but did not.

He was also VOTED A TEAM CAPTAIN! And the WRs have said how much Moss has helped them.

Last edited:
Ive seen Vincent Jackson play and he has the speed, and height to beat Vincent Jackson. Everybody is ready to anoint Revis as the next Dieon, Honestly he benefits from the system in NY more than any other player. Yes hes a good corner and top 5 no doubt but hes no Dieon and I honestly dont think hes better than Nnamdi. Let me ask you this, the Ravens average corners looked pretty good last year as well and I can name one of them. Hell they looked pretty damn good yesterday. And Nope, show me one thread by a legit poster after this game? Moss does "dog" it but I dont see how that cost us the game.

Moss, TO, Chad Jackson, and Andre Johnson ALL have the height/speed that Vincent has, yet they didn't manage to beat Revis.

Moss, TO, Chad Jackson, and Andre Johnson ALL have the height/speed that Vincent has, yet they didn't manage to beat Revis.

Carson Palmer played like Sh*t twice, Ryan Fitzpatrick was throwing to TO if im not mistaken, We practically shut down Andre Johnson.

What I don't get about the love for Moss?
He's never won anything, the bigger the game the bigger the dog he is and he doesn't play hard and fight for a damn thing.
The "Randy Moss attitude" is what you saw on display by the entire team yesterday. Ain't it grand!!!!!!
I said it long before yesterday and I'll say it again. This team wins nothing with that guy around. He has been a terrible influence on Tom Brady and has made Brady a worse QB. And don't give me stats. What do your eyes tell you about Tom Brady?? It's not good and Moss is one of the reasons why.
Randy Moss is everything the championship Patriots were NEVER about.
The Patriots will not win it all again (and they will win it all again with TB and BB around) until they reclaim their professionalism and toughness. Neither apply to Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs et al.
Time to clean house. Time to reclaim the Patriot way!

He's never won anything, the bigger the game the bigger the dog he is and he doesn't play hard and fight for a damn thing.
The "Randy Moss attitude" is what you saw on display by the entire team yesterday. Ain't it grand!!!!!!
I said it long before yesterday and I'll say it again. This team wins nothing with that guy around. He has been a terrible influence on Tom Brady and has made Brady a worse QB. And don't give me stats. What do your eyes tell you about Tom Brady?? It's not good and Moss is one of the reasons why.
The Patriots will not win it all again (and they will win it all again with TB and BB around) until they reclaim their professionalism and toughness. Neither apply to Randy Moss, Adalius Thomas, Shawn Springs et al.

So when Moss catches it for a TD in double coverage, he sucks? Why doesn't anyone blame Brady for just being rusty? So when Brady sucks, it's Moss's fault, and when Moss has a bad game, he's a cancer?

This is the definition of a "from the gut" rather than "from the head" post.

People bagging on Moss really need to look at themselves in the mirror. Picking one of the most productive members on the team to blame all its woes on goes beyond infantile tantrums and flawed logic, particularly when the target is someone like Moss. Frankly, it's more than a little disturbing to see.

I disagree with Rhody.

This is the definition of a "from the gut" rather than "from the head" post.

People bagging on Moss really need to look at themselves in the mirror. Picking one of the most productive members on the team to blame all its woes on goes beyond infantile tantrums and flawed logic, particularly when the target is someone like Moss. Frankly, it's more than a little disturbing to see.

What is so disturbing is the inability of so many Patriot fans to objectively assess the true contribution of Randy Moss to this team. It's amazing just how dazzled so many fans get by irrelevant meaningless stats. Stats wise Tom Brady had the 2nd best season of his career. Having watched him play all year long does anyone honestly think this was Tom Brady's 2nd best year in the NFL?? Not even close. Stats wise the Patriot offense was top 3 in the NFL if not #1. That is beyond laughable!!
Randy Moss plays big in small games and small in big games.
Look a little deeper at your stats pinkhats. I never thought I would see the day when fans around this region would here grovel over the likes of a Randy Moss. Pathetic!!

What is so disturbing is the inability of so many Patriot fans to objectively assess the true contribution of Randy Moss to this team. It's amazing just how dazzled so many fans get by irrelevant meaningless stats. Stats wise Tom Brady had the 2nd best season of his career. Having watched him play all year long does anyone honestly think this was Tom Brady's 2nd best year in the NFL?? Not even close. Stats wise the Patriot offense was top 3 in the NFL if not #1. That is beyond laughable!!
Look a little deeper at your stats pinkhats. I never thought I would see the day when fans around this region would here grovel over the likes of a Randy Moss. Pathetic!!

You haven't actually demonstrated, well, anything with regard to Moss. You're just ranting.

And, as suggestion, you should tone down the excess punctuation and use of bold. It makes it hard to take your posts seriously.

Uh huh, and what exactly do you call the game Randy had against Indy this year?

Moss is still a star reciever and will be this upcoming season...people just like to ***** and moan over nothing...thats New England

98 Cardinals 4-73-1
98 Falcons 6-75-1
99 Cowboys 5-127-1
99 @ Rams 9-188-2
00 Saints 2-121-2
00 @ Giants 2-18-0
04 @ Packers 4-70-2
04 @ Eagles 3-51-0
07 Jaguars 1-14-0
07 Chargers 1-18-0
07 Giants 5-62-1
09 Ravens 5-48-0

Not a terrible playoff average. Obviously he has cooled off recently, but to say he doesn't come up big in big games is laughable. Remember the TD against the Jets with no time left? I believe it was the only time he caught a pass that game (Cassel missed him wide open deep earlier) but he still came up big. Sending the game into OT. Remember the go ahead TD in the Superbowl? Of course you do!

I remember Moss catching everything thrown at him this year, but it wasn't even close to enough. I remember him catching every pass thrown to him in a losing effort against the Rams in 99'. I remember him getting five yards behind the Atlanta defender in OT only to be way underthrown by Cunningham.

The reason you guys didn't win this year? Not a good enough team. The reason in 07'? Some freakin miracle by a no name WR and some missed holding calls. Not Moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back