Ring 6

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
It all means we are 2-1.

That's it.
We lost to a bad team. OK. It happens to great teams, good teams, average teams and bad teams.
Of course there are those that want to take that days performance, say the opponent was bad, and therefore we will never win again. Go ahead, overreact.
There are those who will want to diminish what happened yesterday. Go ahead, underreact.

The bottom line is yesterday was one game in a 16 game season. The fact that we lost to a seemingly bad team means we lost to a seemingly bad team. It will not affect the other 15 games any more than any other game will affect them.

I recognize it is hard to take when we have won 21 straight regular season games, when we have gone 7 years almost never losing to a bad team. Everyone else loses to bad teams, so the fact that we did isn't a death knell.

This team right now has a 2-1 record, and looks like it could win or lose any game it plays. This team right now doesnt look like it has great post-season prospects. But this team today is not the team that will be playing in January, it will grow between now and then, either more quickly or more slowly than the competition.

Its just sad that there seem to be so many fans quick to conclude the worst, it seems they take joy in it, after one game. I thought that fan meant you ROOTED FOR the team, you cheered, and hoped for their success.
I don't know if its the Patriot fanbnase, the East Coast mentality or just this board, but find it disgusted that after 21 straight reg season wins, we lose one game and there are people rushing to post negtively, feel vindicated and seem proud to be the one who saw the armageddon coming while when the team does well, the general tone is overeacting is ignorant homerism.

I grow tired of interacting with this fan base.

It all means we are 2-1.

That's it.
We lost to a bad team. OK. It happens to great teams, good teams, average teams and bad teams.
Of course there are those that want to take that days performance, say the opponent was bad, and therefore we will never win again. Go ahead, overreact.
There are those who will want to diminish what happened yesterday. Go ahead, underreact.

The bottom line is yesterday was one game in a 16 game season. The fact that we lost to a seemingly bad team means we lost to a seemingly bad team. It will not affect the other 15 games any more than any other game will affect them.

I recognize it is hard to take when we have won 21 straight regular season games, when we have gone 7 years almost never losing to a bad team. Everyone else loses to bad teams, so the fact that we did isn't a death knell.

This team right now has a 2-1 record, and looks like it could win or lose any game it plays. This team right now doesnt look like it has great post-season prospects. But this team today is not the team that will be playing in January, it will grow between now and then, either more quickly or more slowly than the competition.

Its just sad that there seem to be so many fans quick to conclude the worst, it seems they take joy in it, after one game. I thought that fan meant you ROOTED FOR the team, you cheered, and hoped for their success.
I don't know if its the Patriot fanbnase, the East Coast mentality or just this board, but find it disgusted that after 21 straight reg season wins, we lose one game and there are people rushing to post negtively, feel vindicated and seem proud to be the one who saw the armageddon coming while when the team does well, the general tone is overeacting is ignorant homerism.

bless u for posting that...

It all means we are 2-1.

That's it.

I think you've said it all..and better than a number of us could say..

In the Pats SB-winning seasons, they had a combined FIVE losses to .500-below teams. So 5 out of those 9 losses were to obviously inferior teams. But they were a combined 25-4 against QUALITY teams.

This year's squad will be defined more by our bouts with SD, Denver, Indy, Pittsburgh and Buffalo than yesterday's game.

In the Pats SB-winning seasons, they had a combined FIVE losses to .500-below teams. So 5 out of those 9 losses were to obviously inferior teams. But they were a combined 25-4 against QUALITY teams.

This year's squad will be defined more by our bouts with SD, Denver, Indy, Pittsburgh and Buffalo than yesterday's game.

I'm not sure your 5 is correct. I seem to remember up until at least the end of 2004, Brady has never lost to a team that finshed under .500. Who are the 5?

I'm not sure your 5 is correct. I seem to remember up until at least the end of 2004, Brady has never lost to a team that finshed under .500. Who are the 5?

I was referring to .500 and below - Brady didn't lose to a sub-500 team until 2003 - how can anyone forget the Miami Monday Night-mare in '04????

2001 - Denver (8-8), Cincinnati (6-10)
2003 - Buffalo (6-10), Washington (6-10)
2004 - Miami (4-12)

The loss in Miami in 04...I KNOW that's one..

It all means we are 2-1.

That's it.

Roger that !

I was referring to .500 and below - Brady didn't lose to a sub-500 team until 2003 - how can anyone forget the Miami Monday Night-mare in '04????

2004 - Miami (4-12)

Edit, my mistake, you have it right up there.

Last edited:

It isn't an East Coast mentality necessarily - its a New England thing. I grew up in this area and am kind of used to over-reacting and panicking, but the reaction to yesterday really irked me. The boo-ing was just beyond embarrassing. I was truly embarrassed for NE fans when I heard the boos and saw people leaving early. 21 straight wins. And they get boo'ed when it finally comes to an end. Disgusting.

As for the reaction - I just don't get why people are so hyped up right now. As I said in another thread, I'm basically going along for the ride now. The pressure is off, the expectations are admittedly a little lower with Brady gone, whatever happens is what happens. We could rally together and go to the SB - wouldn't surprise me. We could go 9-7, 10-6, sneak into the playoffs, who knows. Whatever happens, I don't think a fan has a right to be upset - this team has given us so much, and now they are playing without their best player. The fanbase just needs to chill and get back to enjoying watching this team play b/c its football, its a great sport, and they're the local team, not b/c it wins every week or is supposed to win every week.

Last edited:
If this team lost with Brady, you chalk it up as a bad game and move on. Watching the defense yesterday I chalked it up as "one of those days"

However, when for the 3rd game in a row your QB struggles to get to the EZ, fans will get restless. I realize fans had too high of expectations for Cassel but lets be honest. How many of us deep down believed after last week we could possibly see a deep playoff push. Hey, we just might who knows? The AFC looks weak as well. But yesterday showed we have big offensive problems, and it's not just the QB. It's the OL as well.

Don't attack me for saying this, I'm just giving my 2 cents. Now I'm gonna go hide before you people throw your sticks and stones.

It all means we are 2-1.

That's it.

The thing that troubles me is that in January Matt Cassel will still not

be Tom Brady.

2004 - Miami (4-12)

I seem to remember buff and wash in 03 finishing 8-8?

Considering that the AFC looks weak, this team should be looking for a veteran QB to make a strong playoff push.I still think this team will make the playoffs.

be Tom Brady.

So. Neither will anyone else's QB.

Considering that the AFC looks weak, this team should be looking for a veteran QB to make a strong playoff push.I still think this team will make the playoffs.

There are none to find.
Cassel is the guy BB has chosen.
I am fine trusting that BB made a good choice. That answer will come over the long haul of this season.
We found out yesterday Matt Cassel is not Tom Brady. We found out we don't win every time Matt Cassel takes the field.
Some people realized this, others waited until it happened and now want to jump off a bridge.
We don't need Matt Cassel to be Tom Brady, he wouldnt be even if we did.
It is what it is, and the only thing yesterday changed is that there is a 1 in the L column.

Those who wish to take yesterday and give it the value of more than 1 in the L column, go ahead, do what you want, but you are wrong, we cannot get more than 1 L in any game, and if it were possible to take the result of 1 game and accurately extrapolate it to the rest of a season, we'd all be millionaires.

be Tom Brady.

What? You mean we didn't clone Tom Brady to back up Tom Brady?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes