PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wes Welker at 8 million per year for 5 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really care to discuss this with you because you seemingly are unable to do so without being comically overwrought, but just because someone wants to invest the monies elsewhere doesn't lead to the ineluctable conclusion that the team will be worse off, nor would that necessarily be the case in reality.

Though, this is all kind of water under the bridge now that Lloyd is apparently gone.

Didn't think you could challenge the facts of it Jack, good job not trying though. Getting rid of the league leader in YAC and first downs and 100+ Rec without a replacement is getting worse on purpose, regardless of how you see it. 5/40 for Welker is a good deal for NE.

Didn't think you could challenge the facts of it Jack, good job not trying though. Getting rid of the league leader in YAC and first downs and 100+ Rec without a replacement is getting worse on purpose, regardless of how you see it. 5/40 for Welker is a good deal for NE.

I like Welker. A lot.

But with you acting like an 8 year-old girl fantasizing about Justin Bieber, it kinda creeps me out.

Yeah, you're right. Most of the people I see arguing against keeping Welker are totally not interested in replacing his production.

Yeah, you're right. Most of the people I see arguing against keeping Welker are totally not interested in replacing his production.

When their plan is to use Edelman to replace it, or have Gronk and Hernandez make up the difference then yes, they have no plan to replace it. And when they talk of paying Mike Wallace or Dwayne Bowe double what Welker will get then it's just absurdity. They could also overpay in terms of picks and cost for Harvin, which would offset the loss but also makes no sense. So far Jack i have yet to see any reeasonable plan for effectivelt replacing Welker's production, but feel free to put one out there, it would be the first.

I'm sure you won't but whatever.

I like Welker. A lot.

But with you acting like an 8 year-old girl fantasizing about Justin Bieber, it kinda creeps me out.

Feel free to show those posts they don't exist. I support one of the best players the Patriots have ever had and feel they should pay him what he deserves, nothing creepy about that, but there is something really creepy about all of those who trash him on a regular basis.

BTW Jack, the people who are "overwrought" here are those shrieking that they can't pay him more than 2 years, or that it's a horrible deal, I like the deal and have no problem with it, and there is nothing "overwrought" about that. You may want to use a dictionary in the future if you don't understand that.

BTW Jack, the people who are "overwrought" here are those shrieking that they can't pay him more than 2 years, or that it's a horrible deal, I like the deal and have no problem with it, and there is nothing "overwrought" about that. You may want to use a dictionary in the future if you don't understand that.

What's sad is you don't seem to understand you're just proving my point.

What's sad is you don't seem to understand you're just proving my point.

Actually jack the only time you ever respond to anything I say is to be a douche, which is all you are doing here. You can't discuss it factually so you just take potshots to see what will stick.I'm happy to put you on ignore, feel free to do the same.

Actually jack the only time you ever respond to anything I say is to be a douche, which is all you are doing here. You can't discuss it factually so you just take potshots to see what will stick.I'm happy to put you on ignore, feel free to do the same.

Whatever. I really don't care. I was trying to help you with your tone in the event you should decide to have some constructive Welker-centric debates, but I guess that's all just potshotting and me being a huge meanie douche.

You really need to stop acting like everyone on the other side of the debate just ran over your dog in perpetual slow motion.

Re: Patriots and Welker discussing new contract

I am on board with resigning Wes now that there is more cap space available with Tom's restructuring. I was a bit hesitant befoe this due to his age and possible wear, but if they do sign Welker, now it shouldn't affect signing other key pieces to put together another top caliber team.

Get it done for a fair price and hope Wes' agent doesn't F things up!!

I want Welker back but not for longer than 2 or 3 years,I don't think he will be as explosive once he passes 34 years old.

Give him 2 years and 16-17M

I want Welker back but not for longer than 2 or 3 years,I don't think he will be as explosive once he passes 34 years old.

Don't be ridiculous. He could get a much better contract in FA.

Why did they put appear in quotation marks?

In other words you don't want him back.

Don't be ridiculous. He could get a much better contract in FA.

I can't see giving him a 5 year deal...with WRs in their mid 30s,thats risky money.

I think he will be productive at an elite level for 2 or 3 more years but after that......

I can't see giving him a 5 year deal...with WRs in their mid 30s,thats risky money.

I think he will be productive at an elite level for 2 or 3 more years but after that......

I could see him getting a five-year deal if it's structured so the first three years are mostly guaranteed money, and the last two are mostly salary (i.e., cutting him in those last two years would not be an Afailius-like disaster).

Welker is 31, how is that "mid 30's?" It's like calling Brady a 40 year old QB because that's what he will be at the end of his deal.

Welker has never relied on his explosiveness. It's his quickness in and out of cuts.

I could see him getting a five-year deal if it's structured so the first three years are mostly guaranteed money, and the last two are mostly salary (i.e., cutting him in those last two years would not be an Afailius-like disaster).

I have always felt that 20 million guaranteed would get it done on any 3-5 year deal. I think he wants at least 4 years so 4/32/20 or 5/40/20 should get a deal done without a high risk of him dropping off significantly at a high cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe