PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Wendell Still Among The Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgteich

PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Wendell is still not practicing. I don't him coming back until after the bye.

It seems that the kids are getting their chance to impress. I expect Wendell to be at least the Game Day backup when he returns, but the kids have a shot to show that they are worthy of the starting positions.

I see this as a major plus for now. We can't help but be better when Stork and Wendell return.

Wendell at center is not pretty, but I would have liked to have him available at guard.

Interior pressure might be a bit of an issue this Sunday.

As good as the news was about Easley, that's how bad the news is about Wendell. This is definitely NOT the week to be going to an away game with 3 rookies geting significant snaps on your interior OL. But it looks like it is what it is.

On thing you can sure of is that BB won't be making any excuses for a loss on the fact he had 3 rookies starting on an OL going into one of the loudest venues in the league, and against the best DL in the league.

What was it that kept Wendell out of week one? Is this illness potentially something more serious than just a few day flu?

On thing you can sure of is that BB won't be making any excuses for a loss on the fact he had 3 rookies starting on an OL going into one of the loudest venues in the league, and against the best DL in the league.

Ya definitely didn't make excuses last year when with an interior OL of Kline-Wendell-Devey, Brady went 27 of 37 for 360 yards 4 TD in Buffalo.

Also I think people overrate the sound thing a bit. David Andrews and Tre' Jackson have played in front of some very loud crowds before.

What was it that kept Wendell out of week one? Is this illness potentially something more serious than just a few day flu?

Not sure. Hope he is ok. If he was at practice and still didn't play I would think that they just want to see how the kids come along when the bullets fly on the road and use the game day spot for another player.

I'm confused. Reports from the last 3 days said only Easley was not at practice..

I'm confused. Reports from the last 3 days said only Easley was not at practice..

Easley is practicing today. First day back.

Ya thread title should be "Wendell the only one missing"

What's funny is that MCI is acting like Wendell not being there due to illness rules him out for Sunday..

What's funny is that MCI is acting like Wendell not being there due to illness rules him out for Sunday..

Score it a rare victory for Volin, as even a broken clock is right twice a day.

On another note, the absence of Wendell for the first couple of games is a bit concerning. As mgteich points out, it's possible that he misses the game against JAX and returns after the bye. Of course that depends on what the issue(s) has/have been, as there seems to be a bit of doubt regarding the specifics.

So you're saying the MCI didn't "think it through?"

Um, exactly why is he out again?

Score it a rare victory for Volin, as even a broken clock is right twice a day.

On another note, the absence of Wendell for the first couple of games is a bit concerning. As mgteich points out, it's possible that he misses the game against JAX and returns after the bye. Of course that depends on what the issue(s) has/have been, as there seems to be a bit of doubt regarding the specifics.

He had off season shoulder surgery. I wonder if this illness isn't a convenient way to not have shouder injury in the news every week so he gets a chance to work his way back without guys ripping at his shoulder.

Other teams have scouts, but i doubt they keep up on the health of every reserve injured player on every team.

He had off season shoulder surgery. I wonder if this illness isn't a convenient way to not have shouder injury in the news every week so he gets a chance to work his way back without guys ripping at his shoulder.

Other teams have scouts, but i doubt they keep up on the health of every reserve injured player on every team.

Great! Shouldergate.

There goes our 1st rounder in 2017.....

Well, you can have the flu and a tender shoulder.

As good as the news was about Easley, that's how bad the news is about Wendell. This is definitely NOT the week to be going to an away game with 3 rookies geting significant snaps on your interior OL. But it looks like it is what it is.

As you say, this is a bit of a perfect storm for the Patriots, loud venue, best DL in the league, new coach Ryan who can rouse his players for at least a limited time and all rookie interior OL.

For those reasons, a loss wouldn't surprise me, maybe even one that isn't a squeaker (as was the case when an unsettled OL met a good DL last year in KC). If so, despite the likely-to-be-corrected circumstances (more experience for the rookies, the return of Stork and Wendell), there is likely to be a wild over-reaction, stuff like we saw after KC last year (remember this last year?):

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...hiefs-sounds-death-knell-for-patriots-dynasty

Or this gem, look at who is ranked #19 and what it says: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/30/week-four-power-rankings-5/

Or this Nostradamus: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...me-apparent/HkkQMtH3T6hbJMEDlJioqI/story.html

At least this guy admitted he was wrong later: http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-s...-off-the-patriots-in-september-180903499.html

If the Patriots lose, get ready for the incoming wild over-reactions, particularly from they-who-shall-not-be-named.:eek:

We are gonna learn a lot more about the rookie OL on Sunday. When Kline is the vet..... and I'm more a Kline fan than most.

Everyone seems to be down on Wendell but the players elected him Captain so can't be too much of a jag.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick