PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the New England Patriots Malcom Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice pick and takes care of a need for the forseeable future. I think he'll be a worthy heir to Wilfork. I never mocked him to the Pats because I never expected him to fall that far.

Wow. Maybe he needed to lose 20lbs b/c of his knees?

If that's the case, the Patriots can't use him in anything but subpackages. Easley was never exactly stout against the run in the first place. At 260, he cannot be on the field at all on obvious run downs.

I absolutely love this pick. Big DT guy to replace Wilfork, putting 3 first rounders on the DL, it is an excellent pick. With the loss of Revis, the Patriots need to be able to push up front and this guy will help with that strategy.

I am giddy with excitement, cannot wait for training camp.

If the Patriots can get a corner and a guard to compete for playing time, I will be a happy camper.

If that's the case, the Patriots can't use him in anything but subpackages. Easley was never exactly stout against the run in the first place. At 260, he cannot be on the field at all on obvious run downs.

BB must have misspoke. On March 4th he tweeted..

So wat yall think about a 285 pd man doing this with tight hamstrings @ Andrews Institute for… https://instagram.com/p/z0Fa-BFBQR/

He lost 25lbs in 2 months? Certainly possible but it doesn't add up.

No way in hell he TJ Clemmings falls to 64; Collins probably will fall further than that.
No way in hell Marcus Brown falls to 32.. OH WAIT......
No way in hell Vince Wilfork falls out of the top 10.... Oh WAIT..

You never know what the draft will bring.. Saying that something isn't going to happen after multiple things have really isn't in your favor..

What does going from an average back to one of the best backs in the game have to do with upgrading at Guard thru the draft. A similar move would be a trade for Mathis.
"He was a starter on a SB winning team" is not a reason to get complacent and ignore a deficiency. That's my point. Greg Robinson-Randall was a starting tackle when the Pats won SB36 and he was awful. They need help at guard either thru FA or this draft. If you disagree with that I understand, but if you disagree with that just because they won the SB last year, then that's silliness.

BB must have misspoke. On March 4th he tweeted..

He lost 25lbs in 2 months? Certainly possible but it doesn't add up.

Belichick said, "260 pounds or whatever he is" in the press conference, and it was an off the cuff remark at midnight of a long day. I know he has an elephant's memory about details, but when I heard it live it sounded like when he said, "myFace or whatever it is," rather than him stating facts. I'm going with what Easley himself said versus what BB said in this context until proven otherwise.

No way in hell Marcus Brown falls to 32.. OH WAIT......
No way in hell Vince Wilfork falls out of the top 10.... Oh WAIT..

You never know what the draft will bring.. Saying that something isn't going to happen after multiple things have really isn't in your favor..
Hey, if we get TJ Clemmings at 64, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

For those interested, Drew Boylhart thinks Malcom Brown could, in time, be as good as Big Vince if he can clean up some technique issues. Has all the intangibles the Patriots like in their 1st rounders with excellent athletic ability.

Now, to draft Malcolm Brown later in the draft (favourite of Matt Waldman) to make it Malco(l)m in the middle; remember when every other guy on the Patriots was called Brandon?

Good pick up to fill a big need on the DL. Would have been nice if Wilfork was around, just to mentor the guy and show him the ropes of what it takes to be a pro.

Am I asleep? Did he really fall out of the top 20? Did Indy just stack up on another wide receiver when we run over them every single time we play them??

I must still be alseep!

Very happy with this pick

I really know nothing about Brown, but I am excited about him and of course I think he is awesome now.

I love this pick. Steal @ 32. Fills a need. Hopefully he'll be an immediate contributor. Now lets get a RB in round 2. Hopefully Abdullah.

Going through my various draft guides, the worst says a solid starter, a couple of write ups said Pro Bowl potential with an upside. Can't do better than that at #32. Hopefully they are right when the games start to be played.

Status
Not open for further replies.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back