PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the New England Patriots Malcom Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised so many want a running back. I think Travaris Cadet is going to be a steal and as for the non-pass catching backs we've always done well just plug and play. Rather load up on the line unless it's a real can't miss back like an Adrian Peterson (minus the kid beating).

Cadet's a downgrade from Vereen. Outside of Blount, the RBs are either insufficient (Bolden, who's there for STs) or unknowns (the rest). Given that, I'm don't really understand why you'd be surprised.

Its awesome to look at this team, and how young they are, and just wonder about how good they could be. Losing Revis/Browner hurts, especially Revis, but with the improvements we've made on the line and the continued development of our pro bowl caliber linebackers, we could have a niiice defense next year.

Lose irreplaceable talent in the secondary? Load up the front seven. So far they've done exactly what I'd hoped to see.

Cadet's a downgrade from Vereen. Outside of Blount, the RBs are either insufficient (Bolden, who's there for STs) or unknowns (the rest). Given that, I'm don't really understand why you'd be surprised.

Do you think they'll draft a RB tonight?

What style RB would you prefer, Deus? The Abdullah mold or the Josh Robinson mold? I'd love to see what Abdullah can do in this O but I'm not sure the Pats want to grab a RB in the 2nd.

So was Antoine Smith, so I guess acquiring Corey Dillon made no sense? The guard position on this team needs to be upgraded for both the present and the future. Hopefully whoever they draft today and tomorrow are plug-and-play, because an undersized center conversion and ????? are not a good duo.
You don't chase a position, you chase the best players.

Suppose so, are the corners left on the board not that great? Also still have James White unless people don't have a lot of faith in him.

BB must have misspoke. On March 4th he tweeted..

He lost 25lbs in 2 months? Certainly possible but it doesn't add up.
I suspect Bill was engaging in a bit of hyperbole when he was making the point that Easley and Brown are really different kinds of players.

What style RB would you prefer, Deus? The Abdullah mold or the Josh Robinson mold? I'd love to see what Abdullah can do in this O but I'm not sure the Pats want to grab a RB in the 2nd.

I have RB low on the list of wants/needs because of likely later rollover throughout the league but, if I were looking at the remaining players, I might take a long look at Yeldon.

I have RB low on the list of wants/needs because of likely later rollover throughout the league but, if I were looking at the remaining players, I might take a long look at Yeldon.

So more of a power back, then. Yeldon runs too upright for my liking but, if he can fix that habit, he could become a nice option in RBBC. Cameron Artis-Payne would be my favorite option after Abdullah.

Suppose so, are the corners left on the board not that great? Also still have James White unless people don't have a lot of faith in him.

You may be right about the RBs, in the end. I just meant that it's not surprising for people to be unsure at this time, IMO.

Very pleased with the Brown pick. We needed someone to fill in Big Vince's shoes or at least do a pretty good job of it. Brown can definitely be that guy. Our DL and LB's should have a great season.

Still concerned for our secondary even if the defensive front can take some of the pressure off. Looking forward to the rest of the draft.

So more of a power back, then. Yeldon runs too upright for my liking but, if he can fix that habit, he could become a nice option in RBBC. Cameron Artis-Payne would be my favorite option after Abdullah.

I'd love to see a one cut speed runner. I just don't there's a guy like that in the draft who'd satisfy BB's RB requirements.

If you don't mind my opinion, I love Abdullah but I'd really like to see what Josh McDaniels could do with David Johnson. Is more like a Clay/AHern type offensive weapon than a RB.we know they liked Spiller and Bush in FA and there's three similar day two backs in Abdullah and the two Johnson's. I wouldn't be surprised if they went in that direction.

David Johnson seems like a guy who would be a 1st round pick if not for playing FCS ball. I like him a lot in the 3rd or 4th.

If you don't mind my opinion, I love Abdullah but I'd really like to see what Josh McDaniels could do with David Johnson. Is more like a Clay/AHern type offensive weapon than a RB.we know they liked Spiller and Bush in FA and there's three similar day two backs in Abdullah and the two Johnson's. I wouldn't be surprised if they went in that direction.

Your opinion is always welcome, manx. I wouldn't mind Johnson in the 4th round but I'm not sure about him in the 3rd and definitely wouldn't want the team to take him in the 2nd. But I would love him in the 4th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Back