PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Welcome to the New England Patriots Malcom Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your opinion is always welcome, manx. I wouldn't mind Johnson in the 4th round but I'm not sure about him in the 3rd and definitely wouldn't want the team to take him in the 2nd. But I would love him in the 4th.

I'm actually fine with him from 64 onwards, not so much as a RB but as an all-purpose weapon.

By no means do I wish the Colts any luck, if anything I want them to fall into a state of despair for the whole "deflate-gate" fiasco, but I do find some of the posters there to be pretty funny. Especially this little nugget:

CD48FyWWAAANlW2.jpg

"Rollin' through the Colts, smokin' Indy, sippin' on gin and juice

Laid back, with my mind on my rings and my rings on my mind"

Belichick said, "260 pounds or whatever he is" in the press conference, and it was an off the cuff remark at midnight of a long day. I know he has an elephant's memory about details, but when I heard it live it sounded like when he said, "myFace or whatever it is," rather than him stating facts. I'm going with what Easley himself said versus what BB said in this context until proven otherwise.
Wouldn't surprise me if BB just threw out a number to emphasize that Brown is a lot bigger than Easley and that they fit different roles.

He's EXTREMELY stout against the run but he needs to work on his first step and technique as a pass rusher. He basically relies on raw strength to get to the passer and that won't work for him as much at this level. Still, technique can be taught and we have the best in the business at it. Be excited. This was a fantastic selection. Now I want to see the team go (in no particular order) OG, WR, CB, and S.
We have a pretty interesting DT combination then. Brown relies a lot on just raw strength but doesn't have that fast of a first step(I trust you, I have only watched some short clips of him so far). Easley on the other hand relies on being blazingly fast out of his stance. They should be a very nice 1-tech(Brown) and 3-tech(Easley) combo to have.

Reiss quoted Bill taking a veiled shot at Borges last night:

"[When] we took Seymour, it was a big crisis because he only had half a sack in college and he couldn't rush the passer. I don't think that's very accurate, but that was big [in the media], couldn't get over that," he said. "I worry more about what they [do] when they get in our uniform."

Hey, if we get TJ Clemmings at 64, I'll be more than happy to be proven wrong.

Not only was Clemmings there at 64, but at 96 and 97.. And he may be there at 101.. guess the foot issue is something teams are truly scared off of..

Not only was Clemmings there at 64, but at 96 and 97.. And he may be there at 101.. guess the foot issue is something teams are truly scared off of..
There are professional scouts who have actually interviewed him and held private workouts with him; there are doctors who have evaluated his medical records. I'm just some f*cking guy posting on a fansite.

I assume that their familiarity with Clemmings's health and potential is vastly superior to mine.

There are professional scouts who have actually interviewed him and held private workouts with him; there are doctors who have evaluated his medical records. I'm just some f*cking guy posting on a fansite.

I assume that their familiarity with Clemmings's health and potential is vastly superior to mine.

So, you make a statement on a board saying something will never happen, then get all pissy when you are shown to be wrong,

Bravo..

So, you make a statement on a board saying something will never happen, then get all pissy when you are shown to be wrong,

Bravo..
I'm a small, petty person and deeply ashamed of myself. I apologize to all those who I have offended by my inaccurate projection.

I will now hang my head in shame and walk away to the sound of that slow piano music from Charlie Brown.

Well the key to this draft is that the Pats appear to have nailed their 1st round pick. When you get a starter quality player in round 1, the rest of the draft is gravy. Pats draft history is generally excellent in the 1st round, and that is part of why they have maintained long term success through the years.

It looks like we continued the tradition this year. And landing Brown now is an even better pickup because we had to say goodbye to Wilfork's services. I know Brown isn't the exact same kind of player. He's not the 2 gap behemoth, lane clogger that Wilfork was. But Brown could turn into a 3 down lineman for us which also would make him quite valuable and versatile for our defense.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1996819/malcom-brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back