PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Week 2 Pats @ Steelers pregame thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

I would think if Hoyer is playing the Pats aren't gonna be favorites over anyone.

Don’t see why we would be favourites next week. Steelers aren’t as good as they used to be, but they are well coached, playing in a tough building for opposing teams to win in, and have talent.

TJ Watt injured. That's big. He and his brother sure are brittle.

Must not be healthy on the body to start a routine of HGH and steroids in high school.

Legal disclaimer: Allegedly

How are the Patriots favored against ANY team in the league after witnessing a total flaccid performance on offense? - I would bet anything that by kickoff the Steelers are 2 1/2 point favorites - Trubisky is 0-1 vs the Patriots in his career but in that game his offense put up 31 points and lost 38-31 in 2018 - we aren't scoring 38 this time lol

Watt will be out. Najee Harris left the game as well with a foot injury, but it’s reportedly not that serious. I also saw Heyward leave the game with an injury, but not sure of the severity.

Is Steelers a home game . If we are favored by 1 point excluding home advantage it means Steelers are favored by 2.5.

Team looks putrid. Looks like 0-4 before we face lions .

Bailey Zappe? Or Brian Hoyer?
Or Mac Jones with a ton of pain killers

Last edited:
Hard to get excited about another meaningless game. October can't come soon enough.

At least it will be nice to go back to Heinz Field. Or as we call it over here, Patriots Place.

Is Steelers a home game . If we are favored by 1 point excluding home advantage it means Steelers are favored by 2.5.

Team looks putrid. Looks like 0-4 before we face lions .

FWIW Vegas no longer uses the 3 points for home field advantage rule of thumb. It’s closer to 1 now.

Pretty much a must win with Baltimore looming and going to lambeau after (even if GB has dropped off a bit). I like our chances if we keep the turnovers even or better. Pittsburgh's offense was as dreadful as ours today but had the aid of 5 turnovers and a few overtime chances. Watt out of course would be huge. We need this one , definitely can't duplicate today offensively though.

How are the Patriots favored against ANY team in the league after witnessing a total flaccid performance on offense? - I would bet anything that by kickoff the Steelers are 2 1/2 point favorites - Trubisky is 0-1 vs the Patriots in his career but in that game his offense put up 31 points and lost 38-31 in 2018 - we aren't scoring 38 this time lol
Or even in other leagues.

Harris their RB might not play either.

Heyward on the D line left as well.

Pitt won't be as lethal without watt but they still have a solid d. We have our own housekeeping to deal with, won't be an easy game on the road.

Hoping for the best.

Everyone is high on the Squealers right now because they beat the defending conference champs.

What I saw was one of the most laughable performances in quite some time. They won the turnover margin by FIVE and still almost lost the game. Do you know how unheard of that is??!? I literally couldn’t find an example in the NFL of a team that won the turnover margin by so much and yet came so close to losing.

If we can control our own turnover margin, it is a very winnable game.

Everyone is high on the Squealers right now because they beat the defending conference champs.

What I saw was one of the most laughable performances in quite some time. They won the turnover margin by five and still almost lost the game. Do you know how unheard of that is??!? I literally couldn’t find an example in the NFL of a team that won the turnover margin by so much and yet came so close to losing.

If we can control our own turnover margin, it is a very winnable game.
Bengals just turned back into the Bungles.

Trubisky is 0-1 vs the Patriots in his career but in that game his offense put up 31 points and lost 38-31 in 2018 - we aren't scoring 38 this time lol

I like how you use the 1 time the Pats played him 4 years go when he was on a different team and ignore years of Pats/Steelers.... Last time the Pats played the Steelers they held them to 3 points but I guess you ain't gonna factor that in because it doesn't fit that doom and gloom narrative, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes