PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Patriots Pregame Thread Week 5 pregame discussion: Saints @ Pats

Pregame Discussion ahead of the LIVE game day discussion thread. The actual Game Thread will Open an hour ahead of kickoff.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Pats open as -1 home favorites.

Carr wasn't a disaster like Mac was but he wasn't good either yesterday against the Bucs, not sure if he's still feeling the effects of that injury.

CC @pherein

Last edited:
They sound just as optimistic about Carr as we do about Mac.

57a48895-743d-4f37-826f-ebef05f41e18_text.gif

• Agree
Reactions: Ian
Patriots don’t score more than 13 against that Defense.

It's going to be ugly.

I'd like to see some fire from our guys. If they come out flat, it's going to be a long season.

Saints QB is hurt. Who is starting now? Derek Carr??!!

If they have their usual garbage first quarter it's going to raining boos and hisses at this team. I'm sure Krafty Bob is on the phone is on the horn right now getting CBS to "drown out" the jeering fans should it happen....
Can you imagine the Gillette Stadium ****show when the Pats stroll into their Monday Night game vs Kansas City at 4-10?

It's going to be ugly.

I'd like to see some fire from our guys. If they come out flat, it's going to be a long season.
I don't really know what they do to get them fired up. The defense has lost their two best defensive players, and their offensive leader just shat all over himself for 3 quarters.

I don't really know what they do to get them fired up. The defense has lost their two best defensive players, and their offensive leader just shat all over himself for 3 quarters.
I'm not necessarily saying the execution is going to be flawless, but it's mental toughness. Either they turn the page and come out to prove everyone wrong or they limp into playing the Saints. It's whether we're seeing a team that's given up on their season versus a team that's able to forget the last game and just move forward.

I think there's still a strong locker room and they'll come out to salvage some pride.

If they have their usual garbage first quarter it's going to raining boos and hisses at this team. I'm sure Krafty Bob is on the phone is on the horn right now getting CBS to "drown out" the jeering fans should it happen....
Can you imagine the Gillette Stadium ****show when the Pats stroll into their Monday Night game vs Kansas City at 4-10?

I wish I had your optimism, but frankly I don't see where those other 3 wins are coming from. It will be an even bigger ****show when they stroll in with a record of 1-12 (the KC game will be their 14th game of the season)

With Gonzalez and Judon out - presumably for a long time, unfortunately - the Saints game (along with other games against "mid" teams) are lot less winnable now.

Especially since every team on our schedule has at least 1 or 2 playmakers.

I have to assume the Pats will bounce back, but Judon and Gonzalez is just a killer. Michael Thomas healthy, Alvin Kamara's 2nd week back, and Chris Olave?

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes