PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI/Rapoport: Brady deal "imminent" - 3 years, $58M

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Per WEEI - Brady deal done

So Brady plays this year for 6.5. the contract doesn't start until next year? What if he is hurt? Isn't he taking all the risk?

The guarentees would still be guarenteed just the way this is structured Brady doesnt see the money til next year. I am not a capoligist but this is the way I understand it. And I also believe this means none of the dollars get applied until future years which given this to be an uncapped year would seem odd as you could free up some money from the cap in theory. It is still early in the report and we should just wait for miguel to get it straight.

After hearing Moss' comments yesterday about feeling unwanted, I definately got the feeling that Brady's deal was either done or extremely close. The timing of his comments seemed like an attempt to move to the top of the list in the teams re-signing priorities ahead of mankins. Moss has been here all summer and should be next in line IMO.

The guaranteed money makes Brady's deal (or anyone's deal) a split risk.

How much TB wants as a guarantee is the question.

Giselle will be happy - she still makes more than Tom ... $25 million last year.

I agree about Moss. Get Brady's deal settled and then work getting Moss for a few more years.

Mankin's has already burned his bridges.

A pure extension that leaves the current contract in place would reinforce the Patriots' longstanding stance against ripping up existing contracted years. (I have to think it's the issue with Mankins.)

Goods news and like so many of you guys have already expressed lets hope this means Moss is gonna get resigned soon.

Now if we can just agree a deal to trade Mankins for Clay Matthews then it really would be a great day

Giselle will be happy - she still makes more than Tom ... $25 million last year.

And thats with Maternity leave.

You go girl

Folks, are we forgetting here that this years $6.5 million is only that low because of the signing bonuses and guaranteed payouts from earlier years.

Brady's last contract averaged $15 million a year.

So now he's at $19 million a year, which is right in line with the increase in the cap (and potential decrease over the next couple of years) since the last signing.

You can't look at Brady as you would a Darrell Revis. Brady is a veteran. Revis was on his first contract. Ripping up a first contract is a lot more understandable than a veteran's contract. Brady has already been PAID. Just ignore the $6.5 million he's making this year. Revis' cap number for this year (prior to the new contract) was more or less in line with his actual salary.

This is awesome! I sure hope they can work something out with Randy Moss now. I would like to see him stay a Patriot!

Ok, so this puts Brady's deal at something like $65 Mil over four years. That's about what everyone figgered, no?

You're leaving out the fact that this year's figure doesn't include the guaranteed money Brady was already paid. The cap number on Brady is higher (though of course there's no cap--acknowledged). In real actual money paid to Brady (his previous contract averaged $15 million a year) the deal is 4 years for $73 million.

Whatever the contract is, what Tom Brady has done for the New England Patriots is priceless. What the New England Patriots have done for Tom Brady is provided him with the opportunity to live out his dreams.

How often does a franchise get the entire package? The dreamy stud QB. Enjoy these times PatsFans.

Last edited:

We know who wears the pants in the relationship

Woohoo! Now let's go have a godd*amn snack!

If they were the same age, Moss. Welker is younger than Randy, so Welker.

Wes is one of the all-time great Patriots, but Edelman will be a nice replacement for him. I'm not saying they should definitely sign Moss, but I wouldn't expect any more big pay days for Welker in NE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News