PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

WEEI.com: Long journey to Foxboro for Chung

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or somebody who listens to this guy.....

Nice name drop of a native New Englander! ;)

Funny, I'm young enough to have not seen Chung at his worst but still old enough to have gotten the joke...Funny, one of those jokes that takes second to realize after scratching your head but gets funnier every time you think about it.

Well, returning after an afternoon's errands I for one certainly underestimated the furvor of Church of the Perpetually Offended!

Last edited:
If the joke is based on race, it's inherently racist. I know exactly who Eugene Chung was, a phenomenal bust. You could have just said - I'm glad he's not related to Eugene Chung. Instead you said I'm glad that he's only half-korean, implying that Koreans as an entire race can't be good football players. If your intent is not to be racist you could easily have made it a joke not based on race. So don't get defensive when you get flak for making a racist joke, because on its face, that's exactly what it is.

Last edited:
If the joke is based on race, it's inherently racist. I know exactly who Eugene Chung was, a phenomenal bust. You could have just said - I'm glad he's not related to Eugene Chung. Instead you said I'm glad that he's only half-korean, implying that Koreans as an entire race can't be good football players. If your intent is not to be racist you could easily have made it a joke not based on race. So don't get defensive when you get flak for making a racist joke, because on its face, that's exactly what it is.

Me, I'm not defensive at all. I simply think your definition and application is ludicrous. Not that I give a sh!t.

Me, I'm not defensive at all. I simply think your definition and application is ludicrous. Not that I give a sh!t.

That sounds pretty defensive to me. But I have no intention of getting into it with you. Just don't get mad when you get called out for it. People make racist remarks all the time, and when they don't get called on it, it just continues to pass as acceptable. It's not. And I know that you don't care, that doesn't mean that other people don't.

Me, I'm not defensive at all. I simply think your definition and application is ludicrous.

Yeah I know, it's just as silly as getting your panties bunched over this one:

"When I found out our new CEO Madoff was only partially and not fully Jewish, I felt really relieved'." Is that joke about being related to Madoff, or an offensive joke on Jews?

Yeah I know, it's just as silly as getting your panties bunched over this one:

"When I found out our new CEO Madoff was only partially and not fully Jewish, I felt really relieved'." Is that joke about being related to Madoff, or an offensive joke on Jews?

You never said whether the Nigerian banker joke would be racist........

If the joke is based on race, it's inherently racist. I know exactly who Eugene Chung was, a phenomenal bust. You could have just said - I'm glad he's not related to Eugene Chung. Instead you said I'm glad that he's only half-korean, implying that Koreans as an entire race can't be good football players.

koreans are a race?

Once I learned that he was part Jamaican and not pure Corean, I for one relaxed a bit. :)

Be nice if he turned out to be as good as another part Korean (yeah, yeah, not an extremely popular guy around here).

hines_ward.jpg

Be nice if he turned out to be as good as another part Korean (yeah, yeah, not an extremely popular guy around here).

hines_ward.jpg

The man's head looks enormous in that shot. That football may be sticking to his head due to gravitational pull.

Last edited:
People b* and moan it remains mind boggling to me how much you're willing to mess with and totally misrepresent a thread started by a member of the very same media you choose to denigrate.

JMHO but one shouldn't crap on something they've helped create. You wonder why the headlines are what they are? Suddenly our new rookie, who sounds stand-up as anyone can get btw, has become a racial issue.

This kid has now somehow morphed into the poster boy for political correctness? Yet you criticize the media for drama-queening and sensationalizing? No small detail you bring it all on in the middle of a media thread. Wellduh.

I can't wait til one of you complains about how the media treats us fans; I'll save this thread and resurrect it every time you do;)

mess with and totally misrepresent a thread started by a member of the very same media

The whole thing would have blown over if they would just admit it's a stupid racist joke in poor taste in the first place, rather than hem and haw over it. The fact they keep defending it, keeps it going.

If you don't think that joke is a big deal, then you probably think this one is fine too:

Last edited:
well, seeing as how there was no 'fully jewish' ceo that infamously trainwrecked as the only jewish executive, I'm not sure where you see a comparison.

lighten up.

anyway, I think he's part chinese, so let's just hope he turns opponents into chop suey.

edit: there's a difference between taking offense and giving offense, and frankly, I've heard about enough people crying about how offended they are.
the rest of the world doesn't give a ****

more edits: get ready to lol
VV

Last edited:
Is this where I drop my Jewish Jokes?

Did you hear about the new facility Kraft Foods is building in Israel?
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]It’s called "Cheeses of Nazareth".[/FONT]

Two white horses walk into a bar the black horse bartender says to the off white horse "why the long face?".:D

You know, I'm getting sick giving infractions and closing thread. Once you make a point don't keep :deadhorse: OooPs, that's a brown horse.

I agree. The issue will die if people stop bumping this to defend the joke. Defending it will spur responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News