PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waters' Locker Cleaned Out (Update: Reports Nameplate Taken Down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Waters seems to be having trouble moving away for his family. He lives in Waxahachie, Tx, which is less than an hour from Dallas. I don't have a depth of knowledge of the Cowboys roster, but looking at the names of their interior linemen doesn't jog my memory. Waters would certainly be an upgrade.
According to this :

New England Patriots Want Brian Waters More Than They Say

You may be on to something but with the Texans not the Cowboys. I'll quote the pertinent part at the end, no clue to it's accuracy. If so we can't just release him and let him walk to an AFC contender. Trade, play for us, or retire.

"Waters is under contract for the 2012 season for which he is owed $1.4 million. By staying in put in Texas, Waters is hoping the Patriots will release him so he can sign for the Houston Texans. He’s told friends he wants to play closer to his family"

According to this :

New England Patriots Want Brian Waters More Than They Say

You may be on to something but with the Texans not the Cowboys. I'll quote the pertinent part at the end, no clue to it's accuracy. If so we can't just release him and let him walk to an AFC contender. Trade, play for us, or retire.

"Waters is under contract for the 2012 season for which he is owed $1.4 million. By staying in put in Texas, Waters is hoping the Patriots will release him so he can sign for the Houston Texans. He’s told friends he wants to play closer to his family"

Curious that the article specifies the Houston team. If it were strictly a matter of geography, Dallas is a lot closer (less than an hour vs. 3-4 hours for Houston). Also curious that Reiss also has an article about Waters today. He also raises the issue of Waters playing for a team closer to his family. Reiss also mentions Houston, but in a different context.

This waiting is torturous.

Last edited:
Curious that the article specifies the Houston team. If it were strictly a matter of geography, Dallas is a lot closer (less than an hour vs. 3-4 hours for Houston). Also curious that Reiss also has an article about Waters today. He also raises the issue of Waters playing for a team closer to his family. Reiss also mentions Houston, but in a different context.

Which team gives you a better chance to win a title?...Houston or Dallas

I think the clear answer is Houston which is loaded with talent on both sides of the ball and certainly would have had a much better chance to win the title last year if Shaub stayed healthy

........Dallas is still weak in the secondary and Romo is too inconsistent.

What I find surprising in this day and age is that there isn't a Patriots paparazzi following him around, seeing if he is going to private workouts or hitting the local Dennys pigging out on the Grand Slam breakfasts every day right before hitting the redbox and getting his daily supply of movies to spend his day in the ezchair.

I got into it with Shalize Mansa Young from Boston.com during one of her chats a few weeks ago. I asked her why sports reporting in today's world is limited to rehashing player tweets and regurgitating team press releases. I asked her why reporters weren't exploring alternate avenues when trying to learn the real story behind Waters' absence...ie...talking to relatives, employees at local gyms, etc. She was a good sport and answered honestly..."I've spoken with Waters and he has nothing to say." And in her mind that was the end of the story. She added..."I can't be two places at once....Foxborough and Texas." In her mind, she's tried and was unsuccessful....and that was enough. Of course I tossed in a sarcastic jab..."Good thing Woodward and Bernstein didn't give up after their first ' no comment.' "
I know this is just a sports story and not a life and death topic....but am I wrong to expect more from the profession. If they want to be known as REPORTERS, do a little more than just forwarding tweets and PRs. Maybe it's a Boston specific problem of lazy reporting considering it has been out of state coverage of the Red Sox that has been first to peel back what really is going on at Fenway. Local Sox coverage has become the teams first line of defense.

Just tossing this out as an idea..

Trade Pro Bowl OG, Brian Waters to the Cowboys for a 2nd round pick in 2013.

Waters seems to be having trouble moving away for his family. He lives in Waxahachie, Tx, which is less than an hour from Dallas. I don't have a depth of knowledge of the Cowboys roster, but looking at the names of their interior linemen doesn't jog my memory. Waters would certainly be an upgrade.

My preference would be to have him playing for us at RG, but maybe that isn't going to happen. He's not doing us any good right now, so if he's not going to be here we might as well get rid if the distraction.

Just an idea...

I think he is done unless he feels like there is a very good chance for a ring this year so he wouldn't be going to the Cowboys, that's for sure. Maybe he was looking to see how the Pats roster played out before saying yes or no for the season.

I got into it with Shalize Mansa Young from Boston.com during one of her chats a few weeks ago. I asked her why sports reporting in today's world is limited to rehashing player tweets and regurgitating team press releases. I asked her why reporters weren't exploring alternate avenues when trying to learn the real story behind Waters' absence...ie...talking to relatives, employees at local gyms, etc. She was a good sport and answered honestly..."I've spoken with Waters and he has nothing to say." And in her mind that was the end of the story. She added..."I can't be two places at once....Foxborough and Texas." In her mind, she's tried and was unsuccessful....and that was enough. Of course I tossed in a sarcastic jab..."Good thing Woodward and Bernstein didn't give up after their first ' no comment.' "
I know this is just a sports story and not a life and death topic....but am I wrong to expect more from the profession. If they want to be known as REPORTERS, do a little more than just forwarding tweets and PRs. Maybe it's a Boston specific problem of lazy reporting considering it has been out of state coverage of the Red Sox that has been first to peel back what really is going on at Fenway. Local Sox coverage has become the teams first line of defense.

Yup! (It's sports, she's a beat reporter. She's not going to start going through their garbage cans -- nor should she.)

Yup! (It's sports, she's a beat reporter. She's not going to start going through their garbage cans -- nor should she.)

:yeahthat:

If local team beat reporters WERE camping outside players' houses, pestering their relatives, going through their garbage etc., just to get a better bead on the Pats' depth chart at RG, wouldn't we all call it an outrageous violation of privacy?

If Waters is waiting at home to wait for the Pats to release him, his career is over. The Pats are unlikely going to release him so he can sign with a conference competitor who might be their biggest opponent for the AFC title.

I don't know if I buy this report though because I have never heard of this guy and none of the known guys who cover this team or nationally have suggested that Waters is trying to force his release. Many have said he has spent the summer at home to be with his family and one of his biggest issues about coming to the team this summer is the fact he wanted to be close to his family.

If Waters is waiting at home to wait for the Pats to release him, his career is over. The Pats are unlikely going to release him so he can sign with a conference competitor who might be their biggest opponent for the AFC title.

I don't know if I buy this report though because I have never heard of this guy and none of the known guys who cover this team or nationally have suggested that Waters is trying to force his release. Many have said he has spent the summer at home to be with his family and one of his biggest issues about coming to the team this summer is the fact he wanted to be close to his family.

Much as I would like Waters back I would take a 2nd from the Cowboys, I just don't think they would give it. I wouldn't trade him to any AFC competitor.

If this is accurate, let him stay home and on the DNR list so he can be with his family. He signed a contract to play here and barring a trade where the Pats can get something in return, it should be here or not play at all.

yeah...not coming back...oh well

Another #Patriots number change: Dont'a Hightower will wear jersey #54.

............crap?

If this was true why wouldn't the Patriots be fining Waters? I don't think they would be playing nice with a guy who wants out of town to a competitor.

If this is accurate, let him stay home and on the DNR list so he can be with his family. He signed a contract to play here and barring a trade where the Pats can get something in return, it should be here or not play at all.

They should start fining him too.

Might as well go to patriots.com then to get your Pats news....no point waiting to learn something new from the cut and paste "reporters". As we speak, they sit eagery waiting for their next twitter lead.
As far as SMY goes....she admits having no insight ino the Waters situation....yet she wrote last week she expected Waters to be a Patriot in the near future.....based on what....A GUESS? The new media....based on guesses, not reporting. I expect better, especially from the Globe.

They should start fining him too.

It's doubtful he's seeing any money at this point anyway, if he's not reporting, he's not getting paid. They could fine him so he'd have to pay back money if traded or as a condition of being released.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe