Welcome to PatsFans.com

Idle thoughts - stuff to get you through to 1pm Pats - Titans kickoff

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patfanken, Sep 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mayoclinic

mayoclinic PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,183 / 2 / -3

Hard to say it much better. Grid should be making a fortune on TV as a "psycho"-analyst. When you see some of the clowns who actually draw a salary to be idiots, it's a shame that he's not marketed nationally.
  2. captain stone

captain stone Rookie

Ratings:
    +225 / 45 / -22

No Jersey Selected

Any thoughts on the next PowerBall #s? Because you pretty much nailed the defense's performance.
  3. fester

fester Rookie

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0

Disagree with you here. What is the Patriots' MO since 2000? Variability/shifting schemes/game specific patterns. The Patriots are not a team that says "This is what we do, now stop us", they are a team that says "We will do what the situations allows us to do, now either stop us or change the situation faster than our response time...."

Teams like the Manning era Colts were running fundamentally simple but extraordinarily well-executed offenses, where in what an opposing team saw on tape in Week 1 would most likely be very similar to what they would see in Week 6. The Patriots in that same time frame would have 3 distinctive defensive schemes, and 4 contradictory offensive game plans.

More tape helps, but I think it helps Patriots' opponents less than it helps the Patriots and any other team that is facing an opponent that is relatively non-changing in scheme and philosophy.
  4. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Rookie

Ratings:
    +89 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Haha thanks but I can't take full credit :) I did underestimate our defense with the 17 points, and the pass D. They had an all around great effort I thought and Locker only looked good on a couple drives.
  5. RelocatedPatFan

RelocatedPatFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +67 / 2 / -2

In that vein you would have to look at both teams and say. what's our biggest weakness that the patriots will try to exploit based on their team.

Then again, how are people people don't often out think BB. Other things would be to stray away from established patterns and set up whole new ones when facing the pats. Not many teams are capable of doign this, but someare (which happened when Dolpihns unleashed the wildcat, but that wasn't a 1 time set it was am offensive wrinkle).

But all teams have tendencies. Still, with the offense the pats have this year, their playbook will probably be the most dynamic and capable of running a high number of plays with the same personnel and even formation. I wish opposing defenses luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.