PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Waters' Locker Cleaned Out (Update: Reports Nameplate Taken Down)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didnt he join the team Sept 3 or 4th last year? I dont remember a Brian Waters watch last year, he just quietly joined the team the week of the 1st game and kicked azz, Im expecting him to do the same this year.

He joined on Sept. 4th of last year, but the first game was on Sept. 12th.

This is like that car commercial where the wife toots the cars' horn from the airport. Then she flips the locks up and down on the doors and the husband says to his friend, "now she's just messing with us". That is what BB is doing with Water's locker.

He's a rolling stone

♫ Duh da duh da da ♪

Last edited:
If the media could wait five seconds to confirm something (and this is all media not just sports), this would be a non-issue. Giving these people access to Twitter makes them act like a bunch of 12 year old girls.

Do 'scoops' even matter any more? It's not like you're beating your competitor to the press anymore and getting a day with the story in your paper instead of the competitors.

Now the same **** gets retweeted 5,000 times within 6 minutes and nobody knows or cares who was the first to tweet it.

Good God, even the name of this crap sounds like it was made up by a 12 year old. I'm a tween and I tweet.

**** twitter.

Except for the Iron Sheik.

Didnt he join the team Sept 3 or 4th last year? I dont remember a Brian Waters watch last year, he just quietly joined the team the week of the 1st game and kicked azz, Im expecting him to do the same this year.

Yes, but he didn't miss all of TC last year either, did he?

People keep talking about him showing up a week before our first game last year, but wasn't that because he was cut by KC?

If so, there's a big difference.

As far as trying to read the tea leaves with whether or not he'd be fined, I don't think that means a damn thing personally. The team can choose to do what they want. They certainly don't 'have' to fine him. For all we know he and Belichick may have made a deal after the SB that he would try and make his mind up about how he and his body felt in regards to retirement. They may have a gentlemen's agreement that is understood by both. Fining him isn't going to do any good. Even if they did, it isn't like the money is going back towards the cap is it? I honestly don't know, but I would very seriously doubt it.

There are so many different speculation stories, we just don't know. He may have gone to the team and stated way back in February that he felt he was ready to hang it up. They may have come back with something reasonable in telling him to consider it when the time comes, depending upon how he felt then.

Hope he comes back, but I doubt Belichick is worried about it or holding his breath either way.

Last edited:
I had a long conversation with my cat, who assured me that he is ,indeed ,coming back...of course, kitty was a little hopped up on catnip so take it FWIW..

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Yes, but he didn't miss all of TC last year either, did he?

People keep talking about him showing up a week before our first game last year, but wasn't that because he was cut by KC?

If so, there's a big difference.

As far as trying to read the tea leaves with whether or not he'd be fined, I don't think that means a damn thing personally. The team can choose to do what they want. They certainly don't 'have' to fine him. For all we know he and Belichick may have made a deal after the SB that he would try and make his mind up about how he and his body felt in regards to retirement. They may have a gentlemen's agreement that is understood by both. Fining him isn't going to do any good. Even if they did, it isn't like the money is going back towards the cap is it? I honestly don't know, but I would very seriously doubt it.

There are so many different speculation stories, we just don't know. He may have gone to the team and stated way back in February that he felt he was ready to hang it up. They may have come back with something reasonable in telling him to consider it when the time comes, depending upon how he felt then.

Hope he comes back, but I doubt Belichick is worried about it or holding his breath either way.

he was cut pretty early, I think -- like in july, and was supposedly headed for retirement.

just looked it up, and it was actually july 28

he was cut pretty early, I think -- like in july, and was supposedly headed for retirement.

just looked it up, and it was actually july 28

Thanks buddy. Much appreciated.

I suppose there are certainly some similarities in the situations between last year and this one.

I was under the impression that he was cut a couple weeks later, but couldn't remember off the top of my head.

What I find surprising in this day and age is that there isn't a Patriots paparazzi following him around, seeing if he is going to private workouts or hitting the local Dennys pigging out on the Grand Slam breakfasts every day right before hitting the redbox and getting his daily supply of movies to spend his day in the ezchair.

What I find surprising in this day and age is that there isn't a Patriots paparazzi following him around, seeing if he is going to private workouts or hitting the local Dennys pigging out on the Grand Slam breakfasts every day right before hitting the redbox and getting his daily supply of movies to spend his day in the ezchair.

you're asking way too much of those numbnutz.

Nick Caserio: Brian Waters is already under witness protection.

Bill Belichick: He is? Well, as of this moment, he is under DOUBLE SECRET witness protection!

dont get it, if Waters isnt coming back, what is the big deal for the pats to say so? so that the titans have to plan for him too?????? or is BB going to be saying after 3 yrs when asked about Waters " we only talk about players who are here....

Just tossing this out as an idea..

Trade Pro Bowl OG, Brian Waters to the Cowboys for a 2nd round pick in 2013.

Waters seems to be having trouble moving away for his family. He lives in Waxahachie, Tx, which is less than an hour from Dallas. I don't have a depth of knowledge of the Cowboys roster, but looking at the names of their interior linemen doesn't jog my memory. Waters would certainly be an upgrade.

My preference would be to have him playing for us at RG, but maybe that isn't going to happen. He's not doing us any good right now, so if he's not going to be here we might as well get rid if the distraction.

Just an idea...

Maybe they can get a 5th or 6th for the 1 year of service but 2nd round pick is never going to happen.
Since the new IR rules it is highly possible they put Visanthe Shiancoe on IR to be able to return after 6 weeks. They can do that Wednesday and then bring Waters back Wednesday without having to cut someone. They do it before then they need to cut someone or put someone on season ending IR so let's wait until Wednesday when the ability to clear a roster spot and not lose anyone becomes available before counting Waters out.

This is moving past exhausting.

They should put a cake by his locker saying "Welcome B.W.!" Press will go into a frenzy, then later report, "Previous indications that Brian Waters would be joining the team were tempered later today when Robert Kraft buddy Bruce Willis was seen enjoying a slice of the vanilla cream cake...."

Maybe they can get a 5th or 6th for the 1 year of service but 2nd round pick is never going to happen.
Since the new IR rules it is highly possible they put Visanthe Shiancoe on IR to be able to return after 6 weeks. They can do that Wednesday and then bring Waters back Wednesday without having to cut someone. They do it before then they need to cut someone or put someone on season ending IR so let's wait until Wednesday when the ability to clear a roster spot and not lose anyone becomes available before counting Waters out.

DUH! Good point rook. The new CBA date of late on the 4th I believe would allow adding Waters without making a "cut" assuming BB decides to spend his only silver bullet right away.

That said, I'd prefer he cut a 50th tier player and keep the bullet in reserve.

It just starting to feel like we are waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

It just starting to feel like we are waiting for the Great Pumpkin.

Actually, reports are coming in this morning that a #54 uniform is now hanging in the locker with the name "Godot" on it.

Anyone have a scouting report on this guy?

Actually, reports are coming in this morning that a #54 uniform is now hanging in the locker with the name "Godot" on it.

Anyone have a scouting report on this guy?

"More elusive than you'd expect, good at making guys miss"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye