PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watched Super bowl 52 for the first time in 11 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recency bias. Last year stung for a couple days. SB 42 STILL stings

It was the most painful game of football I have ever watched. Worse than SB 42 and SB 46. It's been 11 months and I havent even watched the highlights. We played so bad in that game yet were still in it in the 4th quarter. There were so many should haves like the defense gave up so many yards but had multiple opprotunities to stop the Eagles offense when it mattered the most but could not do it. Despite giving up that philly special play and all of those yards, TB was in position to do what he always does and lead the team down the field for the game winning TD. Something that never happens in that situation happened, he gave up a strip sack. I would be content if we had won that game but now I really hope we can get one more.
I smashed my hand with a hammer to see if it would hurt as much as when I accidentally did it as a kid. Yup, same result. o_O

It was the most painful game of football I have ever watched. Worse than SB 42 and SB 46. It's been 11 months and I havent even watched the highlights. We played so bad in that game yet were still in it in the 4th quarter. There were so many should haves like the defense gave up so many yards but had multiple opprotunities to stop the Eagles offense when it mattered the most but could not do it. Despite giving up that philly special play and all of those yards, TB was in position to do what he always does and lead the team down the field for the game winning TD. Something that never happens in that situation happened, he gave up a strip sack. I would be content if we had won that game but now I really hope we can get one more.

Thank you for accepting the punishment, @Redman443 .

fester.gif

After SB 49 I was able to watch the helmet catch again and it's still incites frustration. Hell, seeing the SB 42 logo makes me feel frustrated.

I would have felt like I did when Boone hit it out in 2003. Absolutely gutted. That Butler pick was an out of body experience- you just did not see it coming.

Yup.

Plus it would have continued the Pats hater talk about no titles since spygate.

I watched Super bowl 52 for the 11th time this month.

Yup.

Plus it would have continued the Pats hater talk about no titles since spygate.
That was the difference, after the comeback in 51, complaining about 52 felt kinda dirty.

The Super Bowl 42 loss wasn't as bad as I expected it to be.

I'm also a Texas Longhorns fan, and it had only been 2 years since I watched all the sports networks try to rank 2005 USC among the greatest college football teams ever. All the time I'm thinking they still had one more game to play, and the rest is history.

Well, I started seeing the same buildup before Super Bowl 42, and I started to get that "Oh crap" feeling about the game.

It still sucked, but I guess I also then understood how most Rams fans must have felt after SB 36. How did that Pats team beat the Rams, much like how did that Giants team beat the Pats?

tumblr_n8qi9sTfh61r6mt8go2_250.gif

The brutal part of losing in 42 wasn’t only losing an undefeated season- it was that we were pretty much despised across the country because as far as people knew at the time, we had cheated to win a Super Bowl. Thanks Tomase. :mad:

Everyone who wasn’t a Pats fan was celebrating and gloating over our loss and that was tough.

I have watched each of our 5 wins at least 50 times a piece. I have never once watched one of our losses again.

I have NEVER re-seen # 52...

:(

...but...51 i have seen 51 times...;)

Can we please merge this with the other "I watched SB52 after X months and this just now occurred to me..." threads please?

And 0 punts

I know. We couldn’t tackle anyone and couldn’t guard anyone and our most aggressive cb is not playing. We needed one play on defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back