PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watched Super bowl 52 for the first time in 11 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redman443

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
It was the most painful game of football I have ever watched. Worse than SB 42 and SB 46. It's been 11 months and I havent even watched the highlights. We played so bad in that game yet were still in it in the 4th quarter. There were so many should haves like the defense gave up so many yards but had multiple opprotunities to stop the Eagles offense when it mattered the most but could not do it. Despite giving up that philly special play and all of those yards, TB was in position to do what he always does and lead the team down the field for the game winning TD. Something that never happens in that situation happened, he gave up a strip sack. I would be content if we had won that game but now I really hope we can get one more.

Last edited:
I deleted the game as soon as it ended, as I did with all their loses. So glad I did as I would not want to watch it again !
it was too painful for me to even watch one highlight from the game. if our defense would have stopped them on 4th and 1, we would have won. Its not as painful now because we have another shot at it.

This stuff is kind of crazy to me. We went through a ten year drought and all of a sudden we were gifted with the Butler pick. That was un-freaking-believable. A few years later we were gifted with the greatest comeback in SB history. 28-3.

Personally I think this team has another SB left in them but I would never fret over a loss especially after what they have gifted us over the past few years.

It stung as do all sb losses but not nearly as much as 42 and 46 for me. It would be nice to tie Pittsburgh in Lombardi’s but 5 sbs in a 15-20 year span is as good as it gets in the history of the game. And unlike the 49ers we did it all with a salary cap where the vast majority teams have no business winning more than 1 in that span, the 3 closest teams have won 2. To me any more after 51 is just bonus. Brady has cemented himself as the goat qb, B.B. the goat hc, nep the goat dynasty. Enjoy the rest of the ride, We are in football fan heaven

I thought 46 hurt far worse than last year's SB. Personally, the most painful one was 31, there were so many chances throughout the 3rd & 4th quarters and the Pats squad that year could not get it done.

It wasn't a surprise to me losing last year. Defense stunk. But what kills me about that game is that Philly's defense wasn't exactly elite either. It was an even playing field in that regard. Shouldn't have tried to get cute in the 1st half. Left so many pts on the field 1st half....

I’ve watched it a few times trying to figure out how you lose when you get505 yards passing and over 30 points. My conclusion is this. Jordan freaking Richards should be given a good old New England witch test.

It’s so bad, a buddy of mine came over and couldn’t believe I was yelling at a screen of a game that’s been over already. So, I forced him to watch and he started yelling??

46 does not hurt to rewatch if you have accepted the outcome. It was a great game whether you like either team and our Pats just came up a little short. I hate boring or lopsided superbowls like what Peyton Manning has given us. Broncos vs Panthers was a bore and 43-8 has no rewatch value unless you are strictly there to see a bad snap go over Peyton's head and snowball from there.

sb 42 was painful and very frustrating to see our offense just suck and our defense just refuse to take advantage of the Giant's mistakes.

sb 52 does not hurt because the whole game was bullsh!!. Butler benching, Gilmore not on Jeffrey, offensive redzone failures, etc. Any type of defense would have been appreciated. I still feel like we lost on purpose.

sb49 is my fav because it was great from beginning to end with a magical finish. I even enjoyed the Katy Perry half time show.

28-3 comeback was cool but I have never felt so burnt out watching a game before. Game was a journey and I was just angry/depressed for more than half of it. Anger carried into half time and GaGa just intensified it by being played out and dancing with these flamboyant guys etc. I was like this game is gay and so is the half time lol. Then the comeback brought next level anxiety. The fear that there just wasn't enough time was crazy(I'm pretty sure Andy Reid would've passed out). We need a blowout sb victory to make up for this.

SB 42 and it's not even close. Losing Stephen Neal in that game changed the balance and the OL never recovered. It's like losing one of the OTs this year and inserting Waddle. Which is why the health of the OL is the biggest risk going into this year's playoffs outside of Brady.

It was the most painful game of football I have ever watched. Worse than SB 42 and SB 46. It's been 11 months and I havent even watched the highlights.
giphy.gif

This stuff is kind of crazy to me. We went through a ten year drought and all of a sudden we were gifted with the Butler pick. That was un-freaking-believable. A few years later we were gifted with the greatest comeback in SB history. 28-3.

Personally I think this team has another SB left in them but I would never fret over a loss especially after what they have gifted us over the past few years.

I don't fret over the losses either, but I still wouldn't watch them again. I'll stick with any of the 3 Games to Glory or related CD's if I feel like watching something old.

I also enjoy watching The Brady 6 and watched it again last night. Hard to believe that Brady has played almost as long after that video as he did before. The team has also added two incredible SB wins and came within a whisker of another since that video was made.

49 would have been a horrible loss if Lynch got in or that pass was complete. Given the Kearse catch and everything else going on around the team. Sports talk would have been unlistenable.

Who won?

49 would have been a horrible loss if Lynch got in or that pass was complete. Given the Kearse catch and everything else going on around the team. Sports talk would have been unlistenable.

Sports talk is not worth listening to for me no matter what happens with the team.

The last time I switched my car radio to sports talk it was just in time to hear one of the hosts say, "no offense, but the worst part of this show is the callers." I couldn't turn the music back on fast enough.

I would have felt like I did when Boone hit it out in 2003. Absolutely gutted. That Butler pick was an out of body experience- you just did not see it coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back