PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watch out McCourty truthers (top safeties list)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. I stand corrected. Evidently there are MORE than one or two.......
It is the same ****heads who ruined a DMC thead about a month back because these posters just kept pointing to the fact that DMC never makes big plays.

Of course the fact that most of this forum, football fans around the country, and NFL coaches and players complete disagree with them is not important.

Just some posters who dont understand the game. We have quite a few here and they just keep embarrassing themselves over and over.

Wow. I stand corrected. Evidently there are MORE than one or two.......

All part of my grand plan to get them all in one place!

h93FC552B

How about "A" play, Bruins? Not a big play, but something. Lay a big hit. Break up a pass. Anything.

For a guy who supposedly has great range, I never see him anywhere near the play

Why haven't the Pats already signed this elite safety to an extension already if he is so great?

Gronk got a new deal, Hernandez did too.

How about "A" play, Bruins? Not a big play, but something. Lay a big hit. Break up a pass. Anything.
So you are saying he has never made a "big play" much less a play?

It is the same ****heads who ruined a DMC thead about a month back because these posters just kept pointing to the fact that DMC never makes big plays.

Of course the fact that most of this forum, football fans around the country, and NFL coaches and players complete disagree with them is not important.

Just some posters who dont understand the game. We have quite a few here and they just keep embarrassing themselves over and over.

They used to make the same arguments about Mayo.

The fact is a bunch of them got on board early on throwing shade at McCourty. Triumph, for example, infamously compared McCourty to Tebucky Jones. Rather than do the reasonable thing and adjust their appraisal based on new information, they've decided to hold firm in their assessment and beclown themselves in doing so.

So you are saying he has never made a "big play" much less a play?

Quick, go pull up his career stats and show some forced fumbles and INT's and "prove me wrong". I'm sure he has some FF's and INT's (7 in his first season as a CB, before he stunk out the joint and had to be moved to safety). Chris Jones and Joe Vellano have made plays, too.

All I know is, if Tannehill didn't suck, he would have two more TD's and one less INT. And McCourty, as usual, was nowhere to be seen.

They used to make the same arguments about Mayo.

The fact is a bunch of them got on board early on throwing shade at McCourty. Triumph, for example, infamously compared McCourty to Tebucky Jones. Rather than do the reasonable thing and adjust their appraisal based on new information, they've decided to hold firm in their assessment and beclown themselves in doing so.

McCourty reminds me more of "Late to the play" Willie Clay

Quick, go pull up his career stats and show some forced fumbles and INT's and "prove me wrong". I'm sure he has some FF's and INT's (7 in his first season as a CB, before he stunk out the joint and had to be moved to safety). Chris Jones and Joe Vellano have made plays, too.

All I know is, if Tannehill didn't suck, he would have two more TD's and one less INT. And McCourty, as usual, was nowhere to be seen.

It's not a completely apples-to-apples comparison, but have you bothered to even look at McCourty and Thomas' career stats?

The guy is completely invisible. I don't understand the fascination.
I get that McCourty and Mayo get checkmarks in all the intangibles boxes that BB values from his leaders, but the fact remains neither player has been a difference maker/playmaker on a defense that has been suspect as long as both have been Pats. I don't blame them....each is best in category on this roster and each is very integral to the success of the defense. But top five? If McCourty is viewed top 5 as a safety....then the safety position is void of talent league wide...and that may very well be. We've all scene what a difference an elite safety can have on a game, I just haven't seen that in a Pats uniform for a long time. JMO. Not trashing 'em....I just don't put them on a pedestal.

It is just depressing that Seattle has two of the top ten including the clear cut #1. Add the fact that Sherman is either 1 or 2 at CB. It is really just unfair.
You have to give Seattle credit they drafted their entire defense for the most part with the exception of Bennett, Avril, and Williams. Chancellor, Thomas, Irvin, Sherman, Wright, Wagner, Lane, Maxwell, and Smith all in a 3 draft period. That is impressive work by their front office. Take 2012 for example they took Wagner at #47 and we took Tavon Wilson at #48, the disparity between the 2 of them is night and day.

I call Mcourty the "Matador"

Watch him when the ball carrier is coming his way. He will push the guy off to the side and stay on his feet keeping his uni clean.

You know what it is. Belichick's drafting has been so stinky, that mediocre players like Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty have become great.

Why haven't the Pats already signed this elite safety to an extension already if he is so great?

Gronk got a new deal, Hernandez did too.

First, Gronk is an all time great TE when healthy and at the time of his deal he had never missed a game and just had a record setting season as a TE.

Second, both Gronk and Hernandez sold out their future earnings potential for money up front. When both players would have been underpaid when their deals actually kick in (if Hernandez wasn't a murderous scum). McCourty might not want to do that.

Third, when Gronk and Hernandez got their deals, McCourty was coming off a down year. He probably wanted to prove himself to maximize his deal than take a deal off of production on a bad year. Then he switched position that complicated things too.

It takes both sides to get a deal. McCourty had different situations than either Gronk or Hernandez.

Or Tbucky Jones Jr,

All the psychical tools in the world without a clue how to maximize them.

You know what it is. Belichick's drafting has been so stinky, that mediocre players like Jerod Mayo and Devin McCourty have become great.
You are easily the stupidest person on this forum.

First, Gronk is an all time great TE when healthy and at the time of his deal he had never missed a game and just had a record setting season as a TE.

Second, both Gronk and Hernandez sold out their future earnings potential for money up front. When both players would have been underpaid when their deals actually kick in (if Hernandez wasn't a murderous scum). McCourty might not want to do that.

Third, when Gronk and Hernandez got their deals, McCourty was coming off a down year. He probably wanted to prove himself to maximize his deal than take a deal off of production on a bad year. Then he switched position that complicated things too.

It takes both sides to get a deal. McCourty had different situations than either Gronk or Hernandez.

Mcourty is a great safety according to everyone.

Elite too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference