PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Watch out McCourty truthers (top safeties list)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chasa

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Old Syrian joke about a Dictator:

After one "election" where Assad won 99.5% of the national vote, advisors found him visibly angry behind his desk. Trembling, they asked him why he was so angry after such a wondrous victory. "What else could you want after gaining 99.5% of your adoring nation's vote"

The Dictator answered "The names and addresses of the 0.5%."

when you have a very very vocal 2-3 people who trash McCourty every time his name is mentioned, it gets rather annoying, so I take any chance i get to rub a little lemon juice in their eyes via national publications pointing to McCourty as one of the very best,

Pretty good list other than how high Weddle is and Polamalu even being on the list at all. I think Dashon Goldson should probably be somewhere on there. I could also make a case for Harrison Smith being #9 or #10.

It's interesting how few good Safeties there are in the NFL these days. 4 years ago it looked like a position on it's way to being extinct and now a good FS or SS comes at a premium.

You must be searching high and low on this forum for one or two cranks out of the thousands of posters.

Well, you found one.

It is just depressing that Seattle has two of the top ten including the clear cut #1. Add the fact that Sherman is either 1 or 2 at CB. It is really just unfair.

Locking up Revis to a big money deal is something that excites me because he actually is elite.

Do you REALLY get that excited about signing McCourty to big time money? I certainly don't. Do people seriously put him in the same class as Earl Thomas?

It is just depressing that Seattle has two of the top ten including the clear cut #1. Add the fact that Sherman is either 1 or 2 at CB. It is really just unfair.

Credit their front office. As opposed to College Football, NBA, MLB, etc., the NFL is the most meritocratic league.

Locking up Revis to a big money deal is something that excites me because he actually is elite.

Do you REALLY get that excited about signing McCourty to big time money? I certainly don't. Do people seriously put him in the same class as Earl Thomas?

That's why he is #5 and not #1.

Yes I do actually unless you want a repeat of 2011.

Yes I do actually unless you want a repeat of 2011.

Seriously. I get nervous every time I see us trot out McCourty on special teams. People don't realize how important he is to the back end of our defense.

Did you not read the list? Troy Polamalu is #10. If that doesn't tell you all you need to know about the state of the safety position in today's NFL, then I'm afraid all hope is lost.

The guy is completely invisible. I don't understand the fascination.

Just for grins, click on the link at the beginning of the thread, then click on the McCourty video. It's an intermediate pass down the right hash mark. CB makes the tackle, causes a fumble, the ball pops out, and here comes McCourty to scoop up the loose ball and return it. Is that a great play by McCourty?

For a guy who supposedly has great range, I never see him anywhere near the play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down