PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ward (We Knew) But Also FARRIOR Now Declared Out

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time Ward really did anything against the Patriots?

Even if he was playing,it would not have decided this game whatsoever,he is well on his way to retirement.

1255qgn.gif

This is actually a blessing in disguise for Pittsburgh. The youth movement has arrived and the speed replacing Ward is incredible. I love Hines, a true Steeler but he has become a liability with the speed going on around him this season. Emmanuel Sanders replaces Ward and Jericho Cotchery (who's mean around the goalline and plays a lot like Hines, not to mention facing N.E's D all those years with the Jets) will also get extensive playing time.

As for Farrior? Another blessing. In all of those matchups against the Pats all those years, Farrior was the slowest and oldest in coverage. He will be replaced by Slyvestor Stevenson, who can hit, hard. Plus, Ziggy Hood, Cameron Heyward, & McClendon have been beasts on the d-line. Lots of youth. This will be a different Steelers team in recent years.

It will be either a Pats crushing or a Steelers surprise. Regardless, I expect to see both teams face each other again soon. Good luck. May there not be any more injuries, haha.

Always good to see Steelers homers that are every bit as delusional as our own...

People here are upset that Molden will be the Pats' nickelback, but is that worse than Stephenson Sylvester starting at ILB for the Steelers with the only back up being Monty Ivy who was activated from the practice squad earlier this week.

Always good to see Steelers homers that are every bit as delusional as our own...

How is it being delusional? All year we've heard about how OLD our defense is and how we are done. Put a fork in us. We are finally seeing a youth movement here in Pittsburgh and we are homers? It's exciting to see since the Steelers had the same make on defense AND offense for the better half of this decade. I don't get how exciting it is to finally see the young guys get their chance as being homers.

I have N.E winning today, hardly a homer pick and understand the challenge and expertise N.E brings to the field.

How is it being delusional? All year we've heard about how OLD our defense is and how we are done. Put a fork in us. We are finally seeing a youth movement here in Pittsburgh and we are homers? It's exciting to see since the Steelers had the same make on defense AND offense for the better half of this decade. I don't get how exciting it is to finally see the young guys get their chance as being homers.

I have N.E winning today, hardly a homer pick and understand the challenge and expertise N.E brings to the field.

I always find it amusing when fans of any well-coached team crack out the "I'm so glad our starters are out" line, because it's so rarely a valid position. As a rule, there's a reason that players are starting. In the case of Ward, the Steelers have nobody who comes close to his blocking ability. The Patriots are probably just going to go into a shell in the secondary, and they'll rely upon the D-line getting pressure on Roethlisberger. Nobody on the Steelers knows how to beat that sort of thing better than Ward.

All that speed running nowhere isn't going to help the Steelers so, as long as the Patriots safeties stay smart and help on the deep routes, this is a great thing for New England. Frankly, having Ward out of the game makes me feel easier about the Patriots CB situation, because it's now going to be a battle of young players on both sides, and the mistakes are more likely to even out.

Is Larry Foote active? Steeler fans hate him. Too Slow, can't stop the run, can't cover. Let's hope he starts.

Foote has been starting at ILB with Timmons playing OLB the last 3 weeks because of the injuries to Harrison and Worilds..

Last edited:
This is actually a blessing in disguise for Pittsburgh. The youth movement has arrived and the speed replacing Ward is incredible

Blessing in disguise? Replacing Ward your best blocking TE with great hands? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes