PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter released [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Walter Released (merged x2)

had to pull myself out of lurking mode for this but Why not Julian Edelman for the #3? He was a QB and if Feeley or option b-z don't pan out you got Edelman to bid time till a backup can be obtained.

Edleman needs to be active to be of value. The #3 QB is the 46th player on game day and cannot enter the game before the 4th quarter or both of the other QB's are out. He's also about 6 inches too short to clear the passing lanes in this league.

He is likely the emergency (4th) QB on the roster as is, sort of like what Bingo used to be. But they aren't spending a lot of time with him on the positon. He's learning to be something more valuable, the #2 backup to Wes Welker.

Re: Andrew Walter to be released

No prob, same here. I think it was Ninkovich, but I still can't figure out how he has PS eligibility...

I said it before that I really liked Ninkovich. He always seems to be around the ball, has done a pretty good job setting the edge and can put pressure on the QB.

Edleman needs to be active to be of value. The #3 QB is the 46th player on game day and cannot enter the game before the 4th quarter or both of the other QB's are out. He's also about 6 inches too short to clear the passing lanes in this league.

He is likely the emergency (4th) QB on the roster as is, sort of like what Bingo used to be. But they aren't spending a lot of time with him on the positon. He's learning to be something more valuable, the #2 backup to Wes Welker.

I figured what the hell. He's in a dog fight on the WR depth chart and if you are down to your 3rd QB your season is done and you might as well try a wildcat offense to see if you can make some magic happen. Or at least give the fans their money's worth. But with the rules about the 3rd QB it's not worth it unless he's about 5th or 6th on the WR depth chart.

all i can say is :rofl:
all of us keep predicting something and all the analysts keep saying something and BB does somehting els.e..

I think Walter getting released had to do with a couple things:
Not comprehending our offense fast enough
Not looking decent enough in practice(related to above)
And we alwasy hear how BB wants players to appreciate the opportunity they are given, based on the post game comments, we can say that wasnt the case

according to reiss
Walter released - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

he is was clearly pissed after last nite..

Walter was clearly agitated in the locker room following the Patriots' 38-27 victory over the New York Giants, a game in which he didn't play a snap as Hoyer went the distance.

"I'm ready every week," said a red-faced Walter, following the game. "As far as any other questions I think the guys who played should be the ones to answer the questions."

Walter then tried to end the interview and was asked one more question -- Do you feel with the time you've gotten you would be prepared to play in the regular season?

"It's my job to be a pro, so I'm going to leave it at that," said Walter before walking away.

The Patriots picked up Walter on Aug. 3 after he was released by the Oakland Raiders on July 30.

He played in two preseason games for New England, the opener against the Philadelphia Eagles, and last Friday against the Washington Redskins, when he came on for one series.

Walter was 5 of 9 for 62 yards with no touchdowns and no interceptions in exhibition game action for the Patriots.
maybe pats couldve given him an equal opportunity and he felt he wasted his time here...

Re: Andrew Walter to be released

Im hoping this means Watson will be eating cheesesteaks and wearing JEAN JACKETS SOON.

He's also about 6 inches too short to clear the passing lanes in this league.

You might want to tell that to Drew Brees, he is the same height as Edelman and he obviously didn't get your memo.

You might want to tell that to Drew Brees, he is the same height as Edelman and he obviously didn't get your memo.

Actually, Brees is 2 inches taller than Edelman...and he's pretty much the only "short" QB to find success in the league in the past decade.

Actually, Brees is 2 inches taller than Edelman...and he's pretty much the only "short" QB to find success in the league in the past decade.

Even then you would be talking about a 3rd QB not the starter. At that point the boards have exploded, half of the people are trying to decide how to commit suicide, and the other half are wondering what to do with the high draft pick since the Pats have such an injury prone QB group.

Michael Vick

i kinda got the inkling that Walter knew he wasn't going to hang around. during the game last night, he was just sitting on the bench by himself while all the locks to make the team were chatting it up and being sociable. he pretty much was keeping to himself, knowing that he probably wasn't on the team. he didn't look to cheerful

he was just there in case Hoyer got hurt during the game

Last edited:

1) Brees proved that his height does not prevent him from being very successful in the NFL. People over-value height just like they do arm strength and 40 time, being accurate, able to move, and making smart decisions will always be much more important.

2) How much of that is a self-fulfilling prophesy? Scouts don't seriously look at "short" QBs -> "short" QBs don't have a chance to succeed -> there are very few "short" QBs that wind up succeeding.

The Raiders cut Walter as he was fifth on their depth chart. We shouldn't be too shocked he didn't cut it here. My personal prediction was that he was our best backup.

As I said earlier, Walter had a terrible attitude after last night's game, and while he probably would've been released anyway, I imagine that didn't help him in BB's eyes. It was a d-bag move, an UN-PATRIOT WAY kind of move, and now he can shut up in the unemployment line.

As I said earlier, Walter had a terrible attitude after last night's game, and while he probably would've been released anyway, I imagine that didn't help him in BB's eyes. It was a d-bag move, an UN-PATRIOT WAY kind of move, and now he can shut up in the unemployment line.

I'm with you. The fact that he was cut immediately while the other cuts are waiting until the deadline suggests they weren't amused.

true .at the sametime he feels he wasnt given a fair chance..and was there just in case hoyer was injured...iam surprised the pats cut walter after KOC. they couldve cut him early and have him compete elsewhere...in this economy everyone needs a job so i guess he was pissed he lost his chance to play here or to showcase something here in the preseason

Thank god, he really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back