PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter released [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Schefter--Walter to be released

My question it is, why trade for him. Clearly he's the odd man out in Philly, with Vick and Kolb in place. Why use a pick or trade a TE that we could POSSIBLY keep, when on Saturday, we can have him for nothing. The risk is that if he's cut he can go somewhere else. However where else would he be better off than in NE. He's not getting a starting job anywhere, and HERE he back up a GREAT offense. He'd be NUTS to go any where else.

Trade Smith to another TE deprived team and pick UP a draft pick, rather than lose one.

New Orleans lost a TE last night...

I've got to say, I didn't see this one coming. Maybe the lack of PT last game should have clued us all in.

Not to predict anything, but an interesting fact is that AJ Feeley's fiance, Heather Mitts, was allocated to the Boston Breakers soccor team which could influence where Feeley goes if he has any say in the matter.

Hmmm, this is also very interesting.

Hoyer has been impressive. I wouldn't be all that uncomfortable with him as #2.

PFT reports Feeley is on the trading block

Walter Released

Walter has been released according to Reiss. Which leaves the Pats with 2 QBs

PFT reports Feeley is on the trading block

They been reporting that ever since Vick was signed. Thing is Vick doesn't count until week 3. They have no need to trade Feeley until then. All that leaves them with are McNabb and Kolb who have both been injury prone.

re: Walter Released (merged x2)

OK it is official but feel free to delete my thread anyways

Re: Walter Released

here comes.....A J..........decision came down on Vick,too.
Bye,Bye....Mr Watsin?

My question it is, why trade for him. Clearly he's the odd man out in Philly, with Vick and Kolb in place. Why use a pick or trade a TE that we could POSSIBLY keep, when on Saturday, we can have him for nothing.

There is the small little matter of Feeley being able to sign with anyone he would like. Why do you think it would be automatic that the Pats would be able to bring him in? Why do you assume no other team would give up a late pick for him?

Re: Walter Released (merged x2)

had to pull myself out of lurking mode for this but Why not Julian Edelman for the #3? He was a QB and if Feeley or option b-z don't pan out you got Edelman to bid time till a backup can be obtained.

Expected. Walter was never going to make the team. I would like to get AJ Feeley though. Hoyer isn't good enough for number 2 QB quite yet.

Expected. Walter was never going to make the team. I would like to get AJ Feeley though. Hoyer isn't good enough for number 2 QB quite yet.

If Brady and Feeley and their ladies show up at a party, will there be photographers anywhere else on the planet?

My question it is, why trade for him. Clearly he's the odd man out in Philly, with Vick and Kolb in place. Why use a pick or trade a TE that we could POSSIBLY keep, when on Saturday, we can have him for nothing. The risk is that if he's cut he can go somewhere else. However where else would he be better off than in NE. He's not getting a starting job anywhere, and HERE he back up a GREAT offense. He'd be NUTS to go any where else.

Trade Smith to another TE deprived team and pick UP a draft pick, rather than lose one.

According to the NFLN,there are 4 or 5 teams inquiring about Feeley.....including the new jersey jets,imo.....who like eric ainge more than kellen clemens.

According to the NFLN,there are 4 or 5 teams inquiring about Feeley.....including the new jersey jets,imo.....who like eric ainge more than kellen clemens.

I was thinking the Jets would be smart to check this out too. Especially since that guy is annoying against us.

If Kevin O'Connell, at #94 overall, is a scandalous bust, what does that make Kellen Clemens at #49?

All teams make draft mistakes. Most just let the mistakes hang around the roster for years rather than admitting it.

I was thinking the Jets would be smart to check this out too. Especially since that guy is annoying against us.

Clemens did not look happy,last nite,watching Sanchez and Ainge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back