PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter released [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Andrew Walter to be released

I guess we need to buckle up and get ready for thrills and chills this weekend!

Last edited:
Re: Schefter--Walter to be released

Stirring the pot again, eh Deus? :singing:

Oh, I thought that was 'his brain on drugs' :-D

Deus - you're listening to EEI at the moment as well, who was Price just talking about who played well enough to make it difficult to get the PS? Was it Ninkovich? I missed a minute or two there.

Sorry, I had to step out for a minute and I missed it.

This sux, because now Bill is going to throw away yet another precious draft pick on yet another mediocre (at best) vet.

Yes because we all know BB is terrible at gaining picks when he needs to :rolleyes:

One of the reasons you stockpile draft picks is so you can move them for veterans. Chances of a 5th rounder being as good as Alex Smith (for example) are very slim. In this case, Smith didn't work out obviously, but it's still a good risk to take

Last edited:

And interesting, have to note, how Reiss spins his coverage.

In the official morning Globe, the same quote was reported. However, Reiss reported it as a professional statement. In this version, he comments on Walter's emotions:

He chose not to comment on that in the Globe. That's a shame.

Check the author of the blog post.

Reiss has it as confirmed by his agent.

Also interesting that this was done prior to completing a trade, should that be in the plans. You'd sort of think the addition would precede the subtraction.

And some smart kid said all the actives yesterday who didn't play were making the team.

Sorry, I had to step out for a minute and I missed it.

No prob, same here. I think it was Ninkovich, but I still can't figure out how he has PS eligibility...

WOW Word out of Gillette yesterday was they had seen enough in practice to be comfortable with him. Somebody is coming in and as a #3 because they have no knowledge of the playbook. Zo just said it couldn't be Huard because he's got some ligament damage and is toast. Hope it's not Feeley as that would be a waste of a draft pick or trading chip. Even if the chip is Smith and his $1.5M.

Sounds like Walter was pissed and in a way I can see his point. He had viable alternatives when he came here looking for a shot at redemption and unless something happened last night as a result of his not seeing any time (maybe being told he's #3 to the UDFA) why not cut him loose before KOC...

Weird.

Maybe he really likes Hoyer enough to use the #3 roster spot for space pending who gets cut at the position next week...

Zo just changed his mind and said if the kid is the #2 (and he thinks they may like him enough based on last nights performance) it could be Huard in strictly as the #3. Says anyone else needs 6+ weeks to become functional as a #2.

Last edited:

And some smart kid said all the actives yesterday who didn't play were making the team.

That'd be me...:blush:

No prob, same here. I think it was Ninkovich, but I still can't figure out how he has PS eligibility...

He was talking about the Hoyer/Walter thing when I walked away, so maybe it was Hoyer. That's the best I can do for you, sorry.

This sux, because now Bill is going to throw away yet another precious draft pick on yet another mediocre (at best) vet.

Right cause we wasted all those draft picks on Moss, Welker, Dillon, etc.

Check the author of the blog post.

You are right - read it on Reiss's Pieces, but Gaspar is more and more the primary beat reporter on the Patriots. The author of both pieces was Gaspar. Here is his first:

Walter spoke briefly with reporters, saying he’s ready every week and that “as far as any other questions, I think the guys who played should be the ones to answer the questions.’’

Here is his second:
Walter was clearly agitated in the locker room following the Patriots' 38-27 victory over the New York Giants, a game in which he didn't play a snap as Hoyer went the distance.

"I'm ready every week," said a red-faced Walter, following the game. "As far as any other questions I think the guys who played should be the ones to answer the questions."

Right on, the guy sucks. I'm sure his comments after the game helped, too. Take your crappy attitude back to Oakland, Andrew :p
What did he say?

Not to predict anything, but an interesting fact is that AJ Feeley's fiance, Heather Mitts, was allocated to the Boston Breakers soccor team which could influence where Feeley goes if he has any say in the matter.

I predicted that one the week after Walter arrived - He showed nothing to prove his collegiate days with those big time numbers were coming back to the NFL - He is like Ryan Leaf,A top notch all pro college athlete at QB who tore apart defenses all over the NCAA but never adapted to the quicker and more complex schemes of the pros

You are right - read it on Reiss's Pieces, but Gaspar is more and more the primary beat reporter on the Patriots. The author of both pieces was Gaspar. Here is his first:

Here is his second:

My question it is, why trade for him. Clearly he's the odd man out in Philly, with Vick and Kolb in place. Why use a pick or trade a TE that we could POSSIBLY keep, when on Saturday, we can have him for nothing. The risk is that if he's cut he can go somewhere else. However where else would he be better off than in NE. He's not getting a starting job anywhere, and HERE he back up a GREAT offense. He'd be NUTS to go any where else.

Trade Smith to another TE deprived team and pick UP a draft pick, rather than lose one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back