PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Walter released [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Andrew Walter to be released

Wow. I trust Bill completely, but wow.

Re: Walter Released (merged x2)

true .at the sametime he feels he wasnt given a fair chance..and was there just in case hoyer was injured...iam surprised the pats cut walter after KOC. they couldve cut him early and have him compete elsewhere...in this economy everyone needs a job so i guess he was pissed he lost his chance to play here or to showcase something here in the preseason

Walter played in two preseason games against the other teams backups. I saw what he had to showcase and I was not impressed. None of us saw KOC or Walter in practice. BB does not cut players for the hell of it. There is a reason.

Re: Schefter--Walter to be released

That would crack the door for Feely....

Is Feeley the Best possible backup qb that will be available after cuts or via trade? I don't like what I have seen from the guy overall.....He had a big game against us when he was a doofin.....and then, he had a few decent games for philly as I recall......i'm just not that big a fan I guess......who else might be an option....??

I think this just says so much abou how highly they rate Hoyer.. I think we are talking about somebody for the PS and we are only going to carry two QBs after the cut.

Well ... if nothing else this year we have seen two a days ... many times in pads ... and Belichick has a keen eye towards attitude ... all good things IMO. Walter was pissed off after the game. Perhaps he was on the bubble perhaps he was already gone. In any case - he effed up by being pissed.

This is abit more shocking the KOC only because KOC was released. I guess this opens the door for Feely to sign up after either being cut or in some form of a trade.

I will hope for a trade, Alex Smith for Feely would be perfect but I think the Pats have to pick up a QB now they've released the guys that were 2 and 3 on their depth chart at the beginning of preseason.

WOW Word out of Gillette yesterday was they had seen enough in practice to be comfortable with him. Somebody is coming in and as a #3 because they have no knowledge of the playbook. Zo just said it couldn't be Huard because he's got some ligament damage and is toast. Hope it's not Feeley as that would be a waste of a draft pick or trading chip. Even if the chip is Smith and his $1.5M.

Sounds like Walter was pissed and in a way I can see his point. He had viable alternatives when he came here looking for a shot at redemption and unless something happened last night as a result of his not seeing any time (maybe being told he's #3 to the UDFA) why not cut him loose before KOC...

Weird.

Maybe he really likes Hoyer enough to use the #3 roster spot for space pending who gets cut at the position next week...

Zo just changed his mind and said if the kid is the #2 (and he thinks they may like him enough based on last nights performance) it could be Huard in strictly as the #3. Says anyone else needs 6+ weeks to become functional as a #2.

Folks, every time I hear - or read about hearing - Zolak breaking down the QB position, I just gotta laugh. This would be similar to my breaking down the best methods of maintaining a healthy diet.

My question it is, why trade for him. Clearly he's the odd man out in Philly, with Vick and Kolb in place. Why use a pick or trade a TE that we could POSSIBLY keep, when on Saturday, we can have him for nothing. The risk is that if he's cut he can go somewhere else. However where else would he be better off than in NE. He's not getting a starting job anywhere, and HERE he back up a GREAT offense. He'd be NUTS to go any where else.

Trade Smith to another TE deprived team and pick UP a draft pick, rather than lose one.

I agree with everything in this post.

Just Say No, Bill; Feeley's not worth the pick(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back