PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Vollmer has ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully the 2 weeks gets him some healing time and the backups can figure it out.
This makes the Cameron Wake injury so much more of a benefit to us than I ever imagine. Putting TB12 out there with this rag-tag, lovable band of losers vs. Suh AND Wake would NOT be ideal.

Honestly, my stance on the #1 seed will depend heavily on who wins tonight's game. If Cincy wins, I don't care if we have to go there and play. But there are two places that we just don't play well in: New York (because of weird Mugumbo), and Denver. If we need to win against Miami to avoid going to Denver in the AFCCG, I want all hands on deck.

If the Patriots get the Number 1 seed by virtue of the Bengals winning tonight's game against Denver, then I would expect the Pats to give some snaps to the starters, but switch to back-ups after the half. This will give guys like Edelman meaningful snaps with Brady.. I would also expect to see a lot of Jackson against Miami.

All I care about at this point is for Edelman, Amendola and him to come back for the play offs healthy and not suffer anymore injuries.

I agree. I feel like we need to "stock up" on smurfs. Our O-line needs the quick passing game to be successful, and Amendola and Edelman are tough, but always a risk for injury. It's been over a year...is TJ Moe's achilles healed? He is a FA...

If the Patriots get the Number 1 seed by virtue of the Bengals winning tonight's game against Denver, then I would expect the Pats to give some snaps to the starters, but switch to back-ups after the half. This will give guys like Edelman meaningful snaps with Brady.. I would also expect to see a lot of Jackson against Miami.

They don't get the number 1 seed if Cincy wins. Tonight's game is irrelevant to how they get the number 1 seed.

They need to win the Dolphins game also IMO.
I said that before too but the only thing the Dolphins do well this season is head and knee hunt. So rest everyone that needs it and play those that really want/need the reps. Especially if Cincy wins tonight.

I said that before too but the only thing the Dolphins do well this season is head and knee hunt. So rest everyone that needs it and play those that really want/need the reps. Especially if Cincy wins tonight.
Fair enough.. Also, I think it is possible either Cinci/Denver would lose their Division game this year even at number one seed.

If this is true, it is amazing how I have thought some players were done this season only to be wrong.

Am I the only one on this board who is reminding people that the Dolphins are an NFL team? I sure hope that the Patriots aren't thinking the way some of our posters are thinking!

Yeah but they're an NFL team with a wounded QB and a team that seems to have begun the off-season already. Our JV squad may be able to beat them and the 2nd seed doesn't necessarily mean we're on the road for the AFCCG.

In order for Pats to get #1 seed if the Bengals win tonight, we must win next week or they must lose next week.

If Broncos win out and we lose next week, they get #1 seed. If they win tonight and lose next week, even if we lose to phins, we get #1.

Fair enough.. Also, I think it is possible either Cinci/Denver would lose their Division game this year even at number one seed.

Yeah, and nor does playing on the road in Cincinnati scare me. Frankly, #1 or #2 seed, the Patriots should be the favorites to emerge from the AFC. I don't think the probability changes all that much based on homefield or not homefield. I would prefer not to go into Denver, though.

Are you assuming that the Bengals are losing their final regular season game at home to Baltimore?

Impossible scenario as Cincy still has a shot at the 1 seed with a win tonight and next week

Last edited:

^^this. Reference the Titans Dolphins game from earlier this year.

Am I the only one on this board who is reminding people that the Dolphins are an NFL team? I sure hope that the Patriots aren't thinking the way some of our posters are thinking!

What the fans think has absolutely no bearing on the game.

They don't get the number 1 seed if Cincy wins. Tonight's game is irrelevant to how they get the number 1 seed.

Not really irrelevant. It is totally relevant to who they are competing with for the #1 seed in week 17. If the Broncos win tonight, the Pats need to win or have the Broncos lose next week. If the Bengals win, then the Pats need to win next week or have the Bengals lose. So not really irrelevant, but it is irrelevant if the Pats take care of business vs. Miami.

Wow, great news. Looked worse, I'll gladly take anything that potentially gets him back on the field in the playoffs.

The last time we were over confident, the Eagles beat us. Incidentally, my pick for next week will be the Dolphins. No faith by the Patriots in their own offense to come up with a workable game plan.

There is absolutely zero correlation between fans thinking a team will win and the team losing. Eagles game wasnt lost because of fans being over confident that they would win a home game.

Ya that game plan 2 weeks ago against a pretty good Houston defense absolutely sucked.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference