Vollmer has ankle sprain

Status
Not open for further replies.

reflexblue

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:
Well isn't he suppose to get a scan? Hope for the best at this point. Scary proposition to enter the playoffs with the oline we have now.

Rest him, of course (doubtful he'd even be able to go anyway). Sit Gronk, McCourty, Chung, etc. Anyone that's nicked up, rest them. I would say rest Brady too but he and Edelman may want the live reps together. If they do, no more than a few series. I've reversed my stance on the #1 seed. After watching Vollmer go down and the team dodge a bullet with him, they need to get as healthy as possible.

Rest him, of course (doubtful he'd even be able to go anyway). Sit Gronk, McCourty, Chung, etc. Anyone that's nicked up, rest them. I would say rest Brady too but he and Edelman may want the live reps together. If they do, no more than a few series. I've reversed my stance on the #1 seed. After watching Vollmer go down and the team dodge a bullet with him, they need to get as healthy as possible.

I agree too. I have changed my stance too after seeing two or more guys go down every game and gronk had some scary moments yesterday too. I'm just glad we have a bye and I think we can beat Miami with backups anyways.

Agree, health has to be the priority. They can best any team anywhere if they get the guys who are out back and don't lose any more. The new on Vollmer is pretty good so far.

Am I the only one on this board who is reminding people that the Dolphins are an NFL team? I sure hope that the Patriots aren't thinking the way some of our posters are thinking!
The last time we were over confident, the Eagles beat us. Incidentally, my pick for next week
will be the Dolphins. No faith by the Patriots in their own offense to come up with a workable
game plan.

Am I the only one on this board who is reminding people that the Dolphins are an NFL team? I sure hope that the Patriots aren't thinking the way some of our posters are thinking!

I never said the Fins game was a walk over, especially in Miami which has been the Pat's house of horrors, but health is simply more important IMO. I'd rather lose to Miami and be the two seed and have Vollmer, McCourty, Chung, JE, AD............all ready to go in the playoffs.

I never said the Fins game was a walk over, especially in Miami which has been the Pat's house of horrors, but health is simply more important IMO. I'd rather lose to Miami and be the two seed and have Vollmer, McCourty, Chung, JE, AD............all ready to go in the playoffs.

And you'd be putting abunch of guys on the field who hadn't played meaningful snaps in weeks, if not months, against a playoff team that had already won a playoff game...

Recipe for disaster.

And you'd be putting abunch of guys on the field who hadn't played meaningful snaps in weeks, if not months, against a playoff team that had already won a playoff game...

Recipe for disaster.

VS not having them at all because they came back too soon so you trot out what you had vs the Jets yesterday which was awful.

My gut is that Home Field is going to be very important for this team.

They need to win the Dolphins game also IMO.

This is really good news if it is just an ankle injury though am surprised they carted him off if that's all. Thought for sure he was done with an ACL/MCL injury.

All I care about at this point is for Edelman, Amendola and him to come back for the play offs healthy and not suffer anymore injuries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST