Which QB?

• Hoyer

Votes: 44 30.1%
  • Sanchez

Votes: 102 69.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
F sanchez, give me hoyer. In fact, who do you guys have on your practice squad? we'll take him too.

you think its too early to sign brady's kid to a future contract?

Rational analysis tells us that we have insufficient data to assess Hoyer vs Sanchez who has a demonstrable body of work against starting NFL defenses. Sanchez's regular season play is sub-par compared to the other 30 starters. Post season he rises to the occasion, not brilliant, not just a game manager avoiding losing but helps to win the game.

The homer fan in me says that Sanchez is what he is regular season and that Hoyer has unrealized upside potential. As a Pats homer I'd keep Hoyer over Sanchez because what little we've seen of Brian says he fits our system and runs the offense smoothly without appearing frantic.

Last edited:
Not surprisingly, given their M.O. of late, there's a Jets site with a thread about this poll, and they're all in a tizzy over those posters here who've chosen Hoyer. Now, they don't suggest that the answer as to whether the crappy starter is better than the untested, but promising looking, backup is unknowable. Instead, they mostly just assume that the answer must be Sanchez, and at least one of them demands 100% compliance with that position.

Gotta love the JEST fans.

Hoyer needs to see some real game time as a started to even be considered better than Sanchez. This is like when TB was on the bench behind DB did any one of you honestly believe TB was going to be the stud that he has become? BB was the only dude who saw what Brady was capable of. Am I saying that there is no way Hoyer cannot turn into a great QB not at all, but I think any logical person would have to give the nod to a QB who has started 32 reg season games and 6 playoff games.

Hoyer needs to see some real game time as a started to even be considered better than Sanchez. This is like when TB was on the bench behind DB did any one of you honestly believe TB was going to be the stud that he has become? BB was the only dude who saw what Brady was capable of. Am I saying that there is no way Hoyer cannot turn into a great QB not at all, but I think any logical person would have to give the nod to a QB who has started 32 reg season games and 6 playoff games.

Arguing in favor of Sanchez is as foolish as arguing in favor of Hoyer. Again, this is not a top quarterback being discussed. It's a bottom of the barrel QB. Sanchez has sucked for his two NFL seasons.

Arguing in favor of Sanchez is as foolish as arguing in favor of Hoyer. Again, this is not a top quarterback being discussed. It's a bottom of the barrel QB. Sanchez has sucked for his two NFL seasons.

You do realize it takes a few years for quarterbacks to develop, right? Real life isn't madden. Some learn harder than others :p

I didn't bother to read the whole thread but I'll assume that the opinion I am about to make ISN'T unique.

This is a DUMB thread. I'm ashamed that it has over a 100 replies (including my own). I'm ashamed that fully a THIRD of the Pats fans here gave our back up QB who has NEVER started a single game the nod over a QB, with all his "flaws", has 30+ starts and 4 playoff wins....ALL on the road.

.....did I mention this thread was DUMB

awesome.....thank you so much for contributing your own utter stupidity

the original question lacks the detail to make a valid response.......unless you fill in some blanks yourself.

yes, sanchez is more proven and all other things being equal he is a better QB.

what complicates this choice is the 17M that sanchez is on the books for this year and the 13-14M the next couple of years. with that in mind, I would pretty much place him last of ALL NFL starting QB's in terms of VALUE, and would certainly take my chances with a guy like hoyer, plus the supporting cast I could add with the remaining cap money.

Not surprisingly, given their M.O. of late, there's a Jets site with a thread about this poll, and they're all in a tizzy over those posters here who've chosen Hoyer. Now, they don't suggest that the answer as to whether the crappy starter is better than the untested, but promising looking, backup is unknowable. Instead, they mostly just assume that the answer must be Sanchez, and at least one of them demands 100% compliance with that position.

Gotta love the JEST fans.

there is a 2 page response to the ridiculously homeristic threads you guys start here. yet you guys have 128973698127369872 per week about the jets. so who exactly is in a tizzy?

Re: Unbiased Question...

Yes, just likee I saw Taylor Price in the 2nd Miami game last season and knew that he was very guickly going to be better than Tate, and it seems I was right about that too.

If you had to bet keeping your job on Sanchez, go ahead, I'd bet on Hoyer.
A front office Somewhere needs your scouting abilities. :rolleyes:

Price did nothing in that game to say he was going to be better than anybody, i remember people were disapointed in Price, so you must be clairvoyant along with being a super scout. Such talent going to wast, you should be betting on the ponies when your not helping some team with they're roster.

You do realize it takes a few years for quarterbacks to develop, right? Real life isn't madden. Some learn harder than others :p

You think that impacts the question? If so, what is that impact? Are you saying we should give the edge to Hoyer since Sanchez sucks after two full seasons of playing in the NFL and Hoyer will progress when he gets two seasons?

there is a 2 page response to the ridiculously homeristic threads you guys start here. yet you guys have 128973698127369872 per week about the jets. so who exactly is in a tizzy?

Jets Threads at PatsFans.com - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

currently at 308 posts.

Not counting the traditional "Jets suck" thread, there are 2 Jets related threads currently on the front page of Patsfans.com. One has 152 posts (this one), the other has 115.

In other words, the Gang Green thread about Patsfans.com is longer than the 2 threads about the Jets here at PF.com.

Still want to talk about who's in a tizzy?

Also, what's your answer to the poll question?

Last edited:
Jets Threads at PatsFans.com - TheGangGreen.com Message Board

currently at 308 posts.

Not counting the traditional "Jets suck" thread, there are 2 Jets related threads currently on the front page of Patsfans.com. One has 152 posts (this one), the other has 115.

In other words, the Gang Green thread about Patsfans.com is longer than the 2 threads about the Jets here at PF.com.

Still want to talk about who's in a tizzy?

Also, what's your answer to the poll question?

eh, i don't do ganggreen. also, it doesn't change the fact that you guys are obsessed with the jets. and you guys are in a tizzy. and the jets suck thready is 1000000000000 pages long

all I know is that I have seen Sanchez enough to know that I would never want him QB'ing my team........

the funny part is that I don't think that Sanchez realizes how he will be percieved with NYJ fans the moment the jets don't make the playoffs.......he come across as the kind of guy jets fans are going to have a blast ripping into......

eh, i don't do ganggreen. also, it doesn't change the fact that you guys are obsessed with the jets. and you guys are in a tizzy. and the jets suck thready is 1000000000000 pages long

Up until two years ago, the Colts were the Patriots first 'rival' the Patriots would have to deal with in the quest for the Super Bowl, because the division sucked.

In those old days, the board was filled with Colts threads and Colts trolls would talk about how the board was obsessed with the Colts.

Today, with the Jets being a better team, they're now the first rival the Patriots will have to deal with in the attempt to win the Super Bowl.

The Jets coaches and players like to talk and make comments that invite comment.

As a result, the board sometimes gets filled with Jets threads.

That's not obsession. That's basic human behavior. People tend to talk more about whatever has earliest significant import. Also, the "Jets suck" thread is a fun way to point out the millions of ways that the Jets suck, and it's a fun way to have a bit of banter with the all too few Jets fans who don't suck.

Now, run back to the cesspool that is JI. Perhaps you could teach some of the posters there how to do basic things like eating with utensils and finishing an entire internet post without drooling on their keyboards.

Last edited:
...yes sir...yes...this IS 24 Lockdown...uh huh...yup...WHAT?????...no...can't be...
42 STRAIGHT YEARS OF NOTHING?????

aaaarrrrgggghhhhhhh.....make....it....stop....

You think that impacts the question? If so, what is that impact? Are you saying we should give the edge to Hoyer since Sanchez sucks after two full seasons of playing in the NFL and Hoyer will progress when he gets two seasons?

:bricks:

;)

:bricks:

;)

Hey, I look at the poll question as if it's a game of thermonuclear war: The only way to win is not to play the game. My point is that the Jets fans laughing about Patriots fans picking Hoyer are being just as idiotic when they pick Sanchez.

Hey, I look at the poll question as if it's a game of thermonuclear war: The only way to win is not to play the game. My point is that the Jets fans laughing about Patriots fans picking Hoyer are being just as idiotic when they pick Sanchez.

True, good point. Hoyer has actually impressed me the past few preseasons. If my life's on the line, no doubt about it he's my guy. Hes the guy I go to war with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST