PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cutting Ty Warren seems to make the addition of Haynesworth a lot more high risk then previously thought. What if he is the only addition to the pass rush and he doesn't pan out, leaving the rush in the same state as last season (excluding the possibility of players improving/ deteriorating)? That is a huge risk in my opinion. Maybe there is more to come, we'll see. I am not nearly as optimistic about the ceiling of our defense as I was yesterday.

Last edited:
From a football perspective... i don't get cutting Warren unless he is injured.

I am really dissapointed by the Warren trade especially and not shocked but crumpler was a favourite of mine so i am a little dissapointed about that one too even though i know it was because of his cap figure.

In my head i had a sweet Dline of Warren Wilfork Haynesworth dominating other d's this year.

I understand the move i just woke up to this news very very dissapointed after a great day yesterday.
If we have a look at the cuts one thing seems fairly consistent;

1. Warren - failed conditioning test & apparently injured.
2. Banta-Cain - injured & recovering from surgery.
3. Crumpler - recovering from surgery.
4. Stroud - failed conditioning test.
5. Kaczur - constantly injured.

I'm not getting down on Crumpler as I still believe he'll be back once he's fit. That's why I'm not jumping to the conclusion with him versus "young balls". It was an interesting call by The Solder King which may require a gentle tip of the cap if it does remain the way it is.

As for the others, Stroud has disappointed me as I had hopes for him, TBC = meh, Warren is extremely disappointing to be injured again and I'm seeing him for 2011 Ty Warren not 2007 Ty Warren and Kaczur, well he's himself.

As BB says, it is what it is but he doesn't cut "contributors" in the pre-season if there's a reason.

Bill was never angry at Seymour. Seymour stayed past the funeral. He'd been given time off. He never called to clear any more. Bill was simply setting a tone with a young man who was being groomed for leadership. Richard never accepted that. He felt he should be the exception to the rule. Most players want to believe they are too. Bill and the organization bent over backwards to accommodate Seymour after the fact. They increased his pay to end his holdout. They promoted him to the public as a leader tried to show him the potential benefits of becoming an icon in a sports town. Kraft took him to Israel. They gave him a new deal at top tier money a year later. But they had their doubts it would ever workout, which is why it was a 3 year extension and not a 7 year one, and it didn't. Richard could not play effectively hurt, he was hurt a lot, and he seemed to think that is what it is. He'd become increasingly vocal even as he became less impactful or productive. He became the guy who raised him as a rookie, Lawyer Milloy. Bill loved them both but they were not the players he hoped they'd be. Both became entitled and complacent.

I think Warren was trending in the same direction, although he never was a vocal leader or complainer. Never really emerged as a leader at all. Took his money early in a discounted extension and then coasted. Bill needed leaders to step up on defense on and off the field in 2009 and he didn't have any. Mayo was just a sophomore and coming back from injury, Wilfork didn't step up either - but he had issues related to being in his contract year. Seymour had one foot out the door. AD had both feet out the door. It was as Bill calls them a situation, and Warren failed to step up and play it. And coming off it he decided to skip the 2010 off season and go back to school... And then days into camp he reinjured something he had chosen not to take care of sooner and he decided to take care of it right then and there. TBC syndrome... Well, Bill decided this year it was time for the team to move on.

As long as they ultimately deliver, Bill is generally more forgiving than this fan base when it comes to players taking care of their business. He is also better equipped and less forgiving than most of this fan base when it comes to assessing performance and whether or not they are taking care of his business which is preparing to win football games and championships.

Mo

This is beautiful.

It's post like this that makes being a Patriots fan great.

Compare that to a Jets/Steelers site where the articulate post is <filth> <filth> <FILTH> <filth>

And another thing... in all honesty if i an the NY JETS i am calling up TY Warren and saying... come start at LDE your better than anything we have and he'll have a chip on his shoulder

Wouldnt shock me if the jets when after Warren.

If we have a look at the cuts one thing seems fairly consistent;

1. Warren - failed conditioning test & apparently injured.
2. Banta-Cain - injured & recovering from surgery.
3. Crumpler - recovering from surgery.
4. Stroud - failed conditioning test.
5. Kaczur - constantly injured.

I'm not getting down on Crumpler as I still believe he'll be back once he's fit. That's why I'm not jumping to the conclusion with him versus "young balls". It was an interesting call by The Solder King which may require a gentle tip of the cap if it does remain the way it is.

As for the others, Stroud has disappointed me as I had hopes for him, TBC = meh, Warren is extremely disappointing to be injured again and I'm seeing him for 2011 Ty Warren not 2007 Ty Warren and Kaczur, well he's himself.

As BB says, it is what it is but he doesn't cut "contributors" in the pre-season if there's a reason.

I'm not dissapointed at BB... he has more information then us and an obvious plan for the team. I am just dissapointed as a fan of the team and those two players that they got cut/injured at this time when i had such high hopes for warren especially this year and i loved crump's contribution last year.

Just dissapointed in the whole thing

And another thing... in all honesty if i an the NY JETS i am calling up TY Warren and saying... come start at LDE your better than anything we have and he'll have a chip on his shoulder

I don't know if Warren fits their system. They are an one-gap attacking defense. Not sure that Warren is that guy. Who knows?

Word is Warren wants to go to either Dallas or Houston.

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

I loved Crumpler. He was named captain and everything. Ah man.

Re: Tom Curran's article on Ty Warren leaving

My opinion of doing things "differently on defense" is that they want 330 pound Ron Brace at LE rather than 285 pound Ty Warren. I think he screwed himself over by getting that light.
How do you know Warren was 285?

Re: Tom Curran's article on Ty Warren leaving

How do you know Warren was 285?

I believe around the time of unofficial workouts, he said that he was in great shape and had cut a lot of weight. I don't remember the exact number, but it was under 290.

All that cap clearing was about 6+ mil so probably

They cleared more than that:

Based on the Old June 1st cuts: (numbers are cap hits)

Ty Warren: 2.52 million in 2011 and 2.72 million in 2012
Alge Crumpler: 500K in 2011
Nick Kaczur: 875K in 2011 and 875K in 2012.
Tully Banta Cain: 2M in 2011 and 2M in 2012
Tony Carter: 8,120K
Marcus Stroud: 183K in 2011, 75K in 2012.

Pure savings (does not include moving players up into the top 51)
Ty Warren: 3.358M
Crumpler: 2.5 Mill
Kaczur: 3.095M
TBC: 2.095 Million
Carter: 480K
Stroud: 1.4M

Approx: 12.95 M

Now, there have been rumors that dead money this year will be WASHED and that would free up approximately 6 mill more. But, it's a rumor.

All that cap clearing was about 6+ mil so probably

Not from what I'm hearing. According to PFT the old post-June 1st rules apply and cap hit won't be until 2012.

It SEEMS like they cleared about 16M for this year, but we'll obviously have to wait for the final word on that. Even without extending Mankins they can get whoever they want.

BEATEN BY DABRUINZ!

Last edited:
Trade for Osi or Jenkins!!!Add more depth to the DL.:p

Trade for Osi or Jenkins!!!Add more depth to the DL.:p

...both would be awesome. Stop making up these scenarios it's gonna kill all of us!

edit: you said "or". Carry on.

Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping for Warren and Stroud to complete the beastly DL this year. Also gonna miss Crump. Sad news after a great couple of days.

I haven't and won't read through the entire thread, so I apologize in advance.

I think think by letting go of Warren will only improve the team, by allowing them to add a few more players to their roster. Is Warren really deserving of the third highest cap number on the team? I don't think so, he isn't that type of player. For the money that he is making, added with the injury he is returning from I don't see a huge deal with his release...pending the team adds more players with the freed up cap space.

We already knew about TBC and Stroud. Kaczur really shouldn't be a surprise at all. Too many young OL'men to keep the veteran Kaczur around. I feel that Crumpler will re-sign with the team and his release was just to be able to renegotiate his contract. Being an offensive captain in his first season with the team is saying something about him. He is one of the only true leaders on the entire roster and adding guys like Ocho Cinco and Haynesworth he is the type of player a team like this needs. I will say that it is possible that BB feels like they don't need Crumpler anymore because of the way Hernandez and Gronk improved last season. With that being said I still think that Crumpler is a valuable player for his leadership.

Trading for Osi seems like a no-brainer to me at this point.

Damn, I was hoping for Warren and Stroud to complete the beastly DL this year. Also gonna miss Crump. Sad news after a great couple of days.

It is CHRISTMAS for me this week w/ all that happened:):):) the Crump thing was like finding a hidden present that was not under the tree

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back