PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trading for Osi seems like a no-brainer to me at this point.

I still remember a Cowboys fan saying that he's a one-trick pony. He can passrush very well, but has more trouble against the run than what people think. And on top of stopping the run, he has to be able to drop into coverage at times (can he do that well? who knows?). Those two aspects come first, then the passrush is a bonus (a very helpful one).

I had a feelin Ty Warren wouldn't be back as a Pat when he went on IR.

In my head i had a sweet Dline of Warren Wilfork Haynesworth dominating other d's this year.

I understand the move i just woke up to this news very very dissapointed after a great day yesterday.

I still plan on seeing a dominating D-line, I dont think they're done making moves

I still remember a Cowboys fan saying that he's a one-trick pony. He can passrush very well, but has more trouble against the run than what people think. And on top of stopping the run, he has to be able to drop into coverage at times (can he do that well? who knows?). Those two aspects come first, then the passrush is a bonus (a very helpful one).

Yeah, he lost running-down snaps to the guy I wanted, Kiwanuka.

I still plan on seeing a dominating D-line, I dont think they're done making moves

This. Rough figures I'm reading on these forums are that we have something like $16m in cap space, more if we sign Mankins long term.

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

Apparantly he pulled his hammie as soon as he started running.

I hate when that happens. On the upside, at least he pulled his own hammie.

All that cap clearing was about 6+ mil so probably

Assuming that the dead cap amnesty applies to it, it's more like $10 million, which is what WEEI was reporting.

At least I think that's how it is? I dunno, this whole thing is confusing me, but I think they got considerably more than $6 million in cap space from these cuts.

Last edited:
This is the second straight year that Warren has shown up for camp out of shape and immediately hurt himself because he refuses to keep in shape in the offseason. Its got nothing to do with being personal, it has to do with him not being willing to put in the work anymore.

usually I think the whole "if he gets a big contract he won't be hungry" comments are a bunch of crap, but it seems with Warren thats exactly what happened, he got his long term deal and then stopped taking care of himself.

It's a shame, since I always really liked the guy, but it seems like you might be right. I don't want to say anything definitive, since I don't know the guy and maybe he just got injured, but from an outsider's perspective it definitely looks like he wasn't taking care of himself and Belichick had had enough of it.

Assuming that the dead cap amnesty applies to it, it's more like $10 million, which is what WEEI was reporting.

Add another 2-3 if we lock up Mankins, that gives us plenty of room to resign Light and bring in another big name.

I think our LBs are pretty well suited to a 4-3.

I think so. Guyton can play in his natural spot as the 4-3 Will, Mayo as the MLB and maybe Ninko as the Sam (just b/c of his coverage skills). Not sure where Spikes would play just because of his speed but if he did play, then I would move Mayo to Sam (maybe?) and Spikes as the MLB.
DE-JC and Moore with M Carter and few times Ninko subbing in and out.
DT-3tech-Albert followed by Wright, Pryor, Deadrick.
DT-1tech-Vince, followed by Brace and Love.

I've seen Mike Wright being used as a 4-3 DE few times in a 4 man line. Kyle Arrington too. :D

I could see a surprise DL/OLB add from the Eagles once final cuts are made. They have about a million DL now and just signed Babin to a 5 year deal.

Eagles already have Bunkley, Cole, Dixon, Laws, Parker Patterson, Sapp, Tapp and Brandon Graham from the 2010 draft.

Could be a swap for one of our fringe safeties.

Love to get Kurt Coleman ;)

Re: Tom Curran's article on Ty Warren leaving

How do you know Warren was 285?

Like Scriz said, he said he lost around 15 lbs due to his surgery. I believe he used to weigh around 310lbs give or take.

6 year extension.

In 2005. Why do you think he's holding out?

True, but what makes u think he would not do same BS here? Logan Mankins is top priority compared to this guy

I'm happy they cut Kazcur. He couldn't even block a marshmellow. Good riddance. Tired of him getting molested by Mathis

I'll pass on Osi. People should remember he was benched in 2009 by the Giants for Kiwi because he couldn't stop the run.

I couldnt give a f about stopping the run.The guy had double digit sacks last year.They have Wilfork and Brace to stop the run.

I couldnt give a f about stopping the run.The guy had double digit sacks last year.They have Wilfork and Brace to stop the run.

And that is why Belichick is the coach and we are the fans..

Even when the Pats play 4-3, they 2 gap.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back