PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Ty Warren Cut ! Crumpler, Kaczur, TBC, Stroud cut too

Status
Not open for further replies.
People are jumping the gun on the 4-3 thing. Although people who say that it isn't Belichick forget the Pats won a Super Bowl with a 4-3 defense, I don't know if releasing Warren means that he is going back to a 4-3. I think with the ever increasing passing nature of the NFL, a more run oriented Ty Warren becomes more expendable.

I didn't realize it was time to submit the final Patriots roster just yet. Less panic thanks.

Something to think about. Assuming they're correct on the radio, Warren was on the practice field yesterday. That would seem to indicate a recent development is involved, be it concern about Ty's health or something else.
Or a player becoming available.

Gotta think it's going to be a more permanent move to 4-3, or at least 4 man lines.

Ty said we're moving in a different direction.

It'd mean we'd need another genuine 4-3 DE and allow Moore to spell Cunningham.

Not sure how Warren could have been practicing yesterday unless Reiss report last night of him being one of the players on PUP was incorrect.

Re: Ty Warren Cut !

I figured Crumpler could get cut. Warren is a shocker. Maybe making room for another move as rumored.

Now I want the Pats to make a move for Marcus Spears.

I'm like 0 for July in my predictions.

I figured they'd want to see what they had in Smith in practice before doing anything with Crumpler - but that could also be another example of Belichick doing the right thing for a quality veteran, giving them a chance to catch on with another team when he knows its likely he'll be cut.

Warren isn't quite the shocker given his health and contract - there's always someone that's made an example like that. Kaczur I guess falls into the same category. I guess I'd prefer to keep them both assuming they're healthy but of course Belichick knows more than me.

Chad Johnson's far from my first choice for a deep threat WR given his 2010 numbers - but maybe Belichick feels his lack of deep production was due to the QB rather than the WR - let's hope. I just know that between Johnson, Hernandez, and Gronkowski we've got lots of tall red zone receiving threats, and that's not a bad thing.

Random question, what do DE's do differently in 2 gap vs 1 gap? For example, what made him so good? Thanks

Hold his ground vs the tackle and guard. Basically cause a traffic stop in the run game(it makes it look like the offensive line is in the way of the running back then the linebackers do the tackling.)

In the passing game still try to hold up both the tackle and guard by not rushing out of control and this gives the outside linebacker a better chance at a 1on1.

Curran saying that he talked to Warren and he failed the test due to his hammy. That and 3mil cap savings is what did it.

Most probably BB decided that the health risks of Warren's injury healing weren't that good. Or possibly there's been a fallout where BB has revised his opinion of Warren's football commitment after his placing the degree ahead of training and then needing surgury so late that IR was the best option. Maybe reporting to camp in less than the best expected condition told BB that the desire to excel was no longer there. All baseless speculation on my part.

Sad to see Crumpler and Warren gone..

Curran saying that he talked to Warren and he failed the test due to his hammy. That and 3mil cap savings is what did it.

Rapoport on twitter:
Here is what @NFLCharean wrote: "Warren failed his physical, failing his conditioning test. But it had nothing to do with his hip."

Ty Warren thoughts

On Ty Warren:

1. Let there be no doubt that he used to be a beast in the 2005-2007 era.

2. Let there be no doubt that he hasn't been a beast in a few years.

3. His contract was very big. I like to think he was injured the last few years, not fat and happy.

4. I don't think cutting Warren happened "because we're getting ready for our next deal." A team should acquire the new player first, then cut Warren.

5. The Pats always play a mixture of 3-4 and 4-3. Maybe a heavier dose of 4-3 is coming this year, but certainly not ALL 4-3. I do think Haynesworth will make the team and play great, freed from the expectation of playing nose guard.

6. The dead money from Ty Warren's contract will be huge and painful.

7. Don't we still have Gerard Warren? Isn't he the expected 3rd starter on the D-line? I think it reached the point where a healthy G. W. is at least as good as an injured T. W.

Well all this certainly takes the wind out of the sails. Guess we have another hole to plug now.

Rapoport on twitter:
Here is what @NFLCharean wrote: "Warren failed his physical, failing his conditioning test. But it had nothing to do with his hip."

Skipped the offseason program last year to work on his degree. Then has the offseason surgery right before camp and misses the whole year while he sits home and collects his millions.

Then shows up and fails his conditioning test. See ya pal !

What the hell man....was expecting Warren to return hungry and Crumpler was a favorite of mine.

In the last 3 days over 8 mill has been cleared from the cap just in time for free agency to open up at 6:00. This week end could be even more interesting than the last 3 days. Not counting Ochocinco, Light, and rookie signings we are @ 16 mill. under the cap.

What the hell man....was expecting Warren to return hungry and Crumpler was a favorite of mine.

Crumpler may be back, with a restructure.

Re: Ty Warren thoughts

On Ty Warren:

1. Let there be no doubt that he used to be a beast in the 2005-2007 era.

2. Let there be no doubt that he hasn't been a beast in a few years.

3. His contract was very big. I like to think he was injured the last few years, not fat and happy.

4. I don't think cutting Warren happened "because we're getting ready for our next deal." A team should acquire the new player first, then cut Warren.

5. The Pats always play a mixture of 3-4 and 4-3. Maybe a heavier dose of 4-3 is coming this year, but certainly not ALL 4-3. I do think Haynesworth will make the team and play great, freed from the expectation of playing nose guard.

6. The dead money from Ty Warren's contract will be huge and painful.

7. Don't we still have Gerard Warren? Isn't he the expected 3rd starter on the D-line? I think it reached the point where a healthy G. W. is at least as good as an injured T. W.

6. Based on what's going around, no dead money will count against us once the new league year starts.

7. He isn't signed, but I can't imagine him being a tough signing.

Generally agree with the other points.

It is what it is. I think BB had an inkling this might happen. that's why he pulled the trigger on the Haynesworth trade earlier. Warren failing his physical and his conditioning test was the last straw.

Can't say I am supprised about Crump. Got my ***** chewed on a few extended threads by many posters for feeling he was too expensive old and hurt to take over Smith. Got to respect the loyalty of his fans, they got viscious on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents