PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Two down ILB with run stuffer role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember the game, maybe 2007, where [QB] threw about 10 straight passes to Welker before the other team called timeout, all the same 7 yard slant pattern? They did it because the team came out in a base defense and Welker had a LB on him.

If you play a guy 2 downs who can't defend against the pass, thats what you see.
That's what happens when you put a CB on him too.

how about James Laurinaitis as a second rounder. He'll be a 3 down linebacker. Barwin won't be there at 34 so you would have to chose between Maluga and Barwin at 23. Get Barwin at 23 and Laurinaitis at 34. Hes about the same size as Rey Maualuga and about the same speed. Hes not small hes 6 ft 2 244 lbs. Hes not as good as taking on blockers but hes great at coverage and a tackle machine. Hes as tough as they come also. He also won the butkus award in 2007.

Last edited:
When Bruschi was on the field last year, he was invariably the worst Patriot on the field. Did another year make him faster?

He's making $2,067M - $600k cap hit if cut

I don't suggest bringing in another Monty Beisel. I suggest that as usual many teams will be in cap straights going into camp, and release some actually good players. One or two could be ILB's. Obviously if nobody shows up that is clearly a better package then Tedi, then he stays.

I met the guy in Mass General - we were both in at the same time for very serious heart operations. He's a nice fellow. But, he was so brutal on the field last year that it was painful - painful for fans and painful for the Pats.

Okay I disagree with you on the worst on the field, cough Deltha O'Neal.

But overall, I understand where you're coming from.

Then why not JUNIOR SEAU?

I know he is older, but he certainly doesn't play like it. The dude still plays like he's 28, although he lacks the speed, he doesn't lack the effectiveness, strength, or instincts: he still gets the job done.

I have no problem with Junior returning; in fact, I'd rather have Junior than Bruschi.

If Junior does play for someone, it won't be until the pre-season games begin, however.

I wish the FO had signed Andra Davis as the bridge from the SILB past (Bruschi) to its future (?).

That's what happens when you put a CB on him too.

Well, they atleast run different plays when theres a CB on him.

That drive was so striking because it was exactly the same play...same route, same throw, everything. Over and over in a no-huddle until the other team had given up about 60 yards and called timeout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back