PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown re-signed [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wouldnt be surprised if brown annouces his retirement during training camp, also injuries always have a way of sorting things out

I doubt he'd have signed on in anticipation of a TC retirement. It's just as likely one or more of the other 32 WR gets injured in camp and Troy's role/value becomes a lot clearer to some of you.

I doubt he'd have signed on in anticipation of a TC retirement. It's just as likely one or more of the other 32 WR gets injured in camp and Troy's role/value becomes a lot clearer to some of you.

I actually think Moss came here just so he can retire as a Patriot.

did it occur to you brown could have a injury set back coming off knee surgery at 35 years old or are you to smart for that

WTF is with all the Caldwell hate. That guy carried the passing game last year. And he normally catches the ball when thrown to him, per the statistical analysis previously posted on this board. Yes, I know he had a couple key drops, but it's football. **** happens. Brady throws season-ending interceptions, etc....

that comparison is garbage. Of course Brady has ended some games with interceptions but he has led this team to 3 superbowls and was the mvp in 2 of them. Caldwell has done nothing close to that except for a nice catch against San Diego. Caldwell was our best Receiver during the Regular Season but in the playoffs Gaffney passed him up. That is a fact. When it mattered most, Caldwell proved himself to be unreliable.

Its unfortunate that you compare Brady to Caldwell... Brady wins superbowls.. it's too bad that because of Reche Caldwell, he was not given that chance this past season to win another.

Truly a shame.

.. it's too bad that because of Reche Caldwell, he was not given that chance this past season to win another.

Truly a shame.

I'm not a Caldwell lover, by any stretch, but he was not the reason that we lost to the dolts.
After his first drop, Gaffney bails him out on 3rd down for a TD; no harm, no foul.
Re: his 2nd drop, I ask myself: Self, why the eff wasn't Brady in the shotgun on 1st/15, after the Gaffney penalty negated a 6-yard Troy "Welcome Back" Brown reception that would have made it 2nd/4 inside the 10? Why, Skippy? Because if Brady were in the shotgun, he quite possibly would have seen Caldwell wide open much earlier; and Caldwell, instead of waiting what must have seemed to him like forever for Brady's wobbler to arrive, quite possibly would have reacted more naturally by catching the ball, and trotting untouched into the endzone. And by the way, even if Caldwell makes the catch, he doesn't score a TD, unless someone misses a tackle. The overhead shot clearly shows that, by the time Brady throws to Caldwell, one of the dolts DBs had closed the gap considerably. Caldwell might not even have made a 1st down.

My WR prediction, barring injury:
Moss - Welker
Stallworth - Brown
Gaffney - Caldwell
Washington - released/traded
Chad Jackson - PUP
Childress/Kight - PS candidates
The rest - history

I'm not a Caldwell lover, by any stretch, but he was not the reason that we lost to the dolts.
After his first drop, Gaffney bails him out on 3rd down for a TD; no harm, no foul.
Re: his 2nd drop, I ask myself: Self, why the eff wasn't Brady in the shotgun on 1st/15, after the Gaffney penalty negated a 6-yard Troy "Welcome Back" Brown reception that would have made it 2nd/4 inside the 10? Why, Skippy? Because if Brady were in the shotgun, he quite possibly would have seen Caldwell wide open much earlier; and Caldwell, instead of waiting what must have seemed to him like forever for Brady's wobbler to arrive, quite possibly would have reacted more naturally by catching the ball, and trotting untouched into the endzone. And by the way, even if Caldwell makes the catch, he doesn't score a TD, unless someone misses a tackle. The overhead shot clearly shows that, by the time Brady throws to Caldwell, one of the dolts DBs had closed the gap considerably. Caldwell might not even have made a 1st down.

My WR prediction, barring injury:
Moss - Welker
Stallworth - Brown
Gaffney - Caldwell
Washington - released/traded
Chad Jackson - PUP
Childress/Kight - PS candidates
The rest - history
well i want to first say thanks for not insulting me. That seems to be the pattern lately.

Anyways, i see what you are saying but i have a real hard time believing that we would have still lost that game if Caldwell caught both of those balls.

1) well i want to first say thanks for not insulting me. That seems to be the pattern lately.

2) Anyways, i see what you are saying but i have a real hard time believing that we would have still lost that game if Caldwell caught both of those balls.

1) No problem; voices of dissent are sometimes not welcomed here by all.

2) As I mentioned, the 1st drop didn't matter; the 2nd drop may have cost us a 2nd and perhaps 5, which could have opened Skippy's playbook to more possibilities, e.g.: running/sneaking on both 2nd and 3rd (and maybe 4th?) downs. This way, the effin zebra would not have had the opportunity to screw us by not calling PI on Hayden in the endzone (vs. Caldwell) on 3rd down.

Re: Troy Brown back for one more year!

As a defensive back perhaps? :singing: Good to have him back...

Troy Brown is a great receiver and as much as we all love him, he’s a below average cornerback. Let’s be honest. He’s not awful but he’s nothing more than a stopgap if injuries pop up. And even in Brown’s case, what he does is amazing. Very few players in the NFL could do what he does.

-Tom Casale

Troy Brown is a great receiver and as much as we all love him, he’s a below average cornerback. Let’s be honest. He’s not awful but he’s nothing more than a stopgap if injuries pop up. And even in Brown’s case, what he does is amazing. Very few players in the NFL could do what he does.

-Tom Casale

Does this mean you are Tom Casale, or are you merely quoting him? I don't mean to restart the discussion, but that's not a name to quote ambiguously around here ;) .

Does this mean you are Tom Casale, or are you merely quoting him? I don't mean to restart the discussion, but that's not a name to quote ambiguously around here ;) .

quoting him from askPFW. sorry

Last edited:
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

July 23, 2007
Contract follow-ups
By Mike Reiss, Globe Staff

A few follow-ups on contracts signed by Patriots players:

WR Troy Brown signed a one-year, $820,000 pact. He received a $40,000 signing bonus. Of the $820,000 base salary, $435,000 is guaranteed. The deal qualifies for the minimum salary benefit, so Brown's salary cap charge is $475,000.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 01:54:04 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back