PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Troy Brown re-signed [mergedx2]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. Welcome back Troy!
I think this means the Patriots are keeping six.
Who will end up getting cut?
Jackson probably to PUP.

This is good news... now someone can start a trade rumor thread..

Good news ,indeed.

Moss
Stallworth
Welker
Gaffney
Brown
Washington

Caldwell is cut or traded.
Jackson starts out on PUP and gets activated or IR and a rook or someone goes on the PS.

We're having a tough time deciding which and how many WRs make the team. In years past though, it's been VERY rare for the Pats to have more than 5 active WRs, if not just 4. Troy does bring versatility with his ability to play defense but I certainly hope we never sit DBs so Troy can have a spot. It will come down to WRs. Who's it going to be? If healthy, Stallworth, Moss and Welker are locks. Between Caldwell, Gaffney and Washington, whoever makes the team, it's hard to have any of those guys as consistant inactives. Then if Jackson is indeed PUPed, what do we do when he's ready? If the WR corp is healthy, he wouldn't be able to even sniff the active 45, so we might as well IR him Day 1.

:rolleyes:

The first part of that sentence is exactly why the last part won't happen.

Again, it's nice that Troy is back but it definately does make things very complicated IMO.

And did you hear that Jackson might be ready to go when TC starts?

The big battle will be Washington, Brown , Caldwell, and Gaffney... This will be the most interesting battle during training camp... Im pulling for washington,because he could add alot.. Im in the camp that Caldwell gets traded or cut.. Gaffney and Brown both make it..

that is fantastic news. If it weren't for Troy, we wouldn't have even played the Colts. So i guess if we didn't have troy the Chargers would have won the superbowl... but anyways...

hopefully this means "smell ya later" to Caldwell.

nice knowin ya

The 5th and 6th WRs on this team are not going to be guys who aren't also excellent ST players. Gaffney, Caldwell, and Washington are ALL more likely cuts than Troy Brown because of that reason.

I thought Washington has played and is willing to play on special teams. If this is indeed the case he has a leg up on Caldwell and Gaffney. But Brady's familiarity with them gives them (and Brown) an upside there.

This topic has already been beat to death. I think we'll all just have to wait until TC and see who performs.

Last edited:
that is fantastic news. If it weren't for Troy, we wouldn't have even played the Colts. So i guess if we didn't have troy the Chargers would have won the superbowl... but anyways...

hopefully this means "smell ya later" to Caldwell.

nice knowin ya

WTF is with all the Caldwell hate. That guy carried the passing game last year. And he normally catches the ball when thrown to him, per the statistical analysis previously posted on this board. Yes, I know he had a couple key drops, but it's football. **** happens. Brady throws season-ending interceptions, etc....

Welcome back Troy. You are do-it-all guy who plays hard and with hustle. We always have a spot for you. :woohoo:

It's an old joke, Bo... actually, among other players, it started with people who said it about Troy. It's always said with a great deal of certainty, as tradition dictates.

PFnV

I thought it all started with David Patten a few years back when someone (I forget who) made the very bold thread "THERE IS NO WAY PATTEN MAKES THIS TEAM"

I said it (half-jokingly) about Troy this year because I think the deck is stacked against him and because someone had to carry on the tradition.

I thought it all started with David Patten a few years back when someone (I forget who) made the very bold thread "THERE IS NO WAY PATTEN MAKES THIS TEAM"

I said it (half-jokingly) about Troy this year because I think the deck is stacked against him and because someone had to carry on the tradition.

That is how it began. I'm relieved to see you now clarify that last week's thread was half-joking....;)

That is how it began. I'm relieved to see you now clarify that last week's thread was half-joking....;)

Yeah, like how some of us here like to call out Rodney Harrison on similar threads. ;)

What a difference a year makes!

Last year at this time, we were all wondering who would be the wide receivers on this team.

This year we are all wondering who will be the wide receivers on this team - only the perspective has changed 180°. Amazing!

This surely has to be one of the deepest teams ever assembled. The phenomenon is magnified by the fact it's being coached by one of the greatest coaches ever.

I do not envy the teams on their schedule...

This is good news... now someone can start a trade rumor thread..

OK, let me try...I've been hearing "whispers" that the Tennessee Titans receiver corps is the stuff of nightmares and "there are reports" that they really like Kelley Washington. Also, the "word on the street" is that the Pats have been loading up on picks for what they perceive as a very deep 2008 draft. Finally, "league sources" suggest that the Pats will not be carrying eight WRs on their 53 this season. Just rumors, you understand.

i wouldnt be surprised if brown annouces his retirement during training camp, also injuries always have a way of sorting things out

OK, let me try...I've been hearing "whispers" that the Tennessee Titans receiver corps is the stuff of nightmares and "there are reports" that they really like Kelley Washington. Also, the "word on the street" is that the Pats have been loading up on picks for what they perceive as a very deep 2008 draft. Finally, "league sources" suggest that the Pats will not be carrying eight WRs on their 53 this season. Just rumors, you understand.

Well, what do you think Tennessee would be willing to part with for the estimable Mr. Washington?

Just speculation, mind you....

Well, what do you think Tennessee would be willing to part with for the estimable Mr. Washington?

Just speculation, mind you....

They could always trade us David Givens. We have room for him on PUP or IR where he could even act as a mentor. And sho knows, we might need a #2 with system familiarity in 2008. His 5 year $24M deal now has just 4 years and $10M+ left on it with no dead cap ramifications to us in a trade...and Tennessee could audiiton a WR on the cheap ($600K) for a change before committing big bucks to him. And the bucks aren't even very big to lock Kelley up for the forseeable future if they like what they see, unless you factor in Givens $6.4M dead cap...

Just speculation, mind you...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back