PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Midseason Patriots awards

Pharaoh has caught every pass thrown to him.

Brown: targets: 7 catches: 7 yards: 170 ypc: 24.3 TDs: 1

Gesicki: targets: 27 catches: 19 yards: 160 ypc: 8.4 TDs: 1

What is the biggest surprise is how the last three of those compare. It’s not a surprise that they throw to a guy who performs at that level.
Most of Brown's catches were busted coverages. He's bounced around the league for a reason.

The Can I Please Have My Optimism Refunded award: Keion White
The Shell OF His Former Self award: Trent Brown
The Just Admit He Was a Bust award: six-way tie

When you have the worst record in your conference, coaches get an F.

GM gets F-.

Team MVP: Kendrick Bourne, what little production there was, it mostly flowed thru him
Most Improved: Christian Barmore - feels like he is finally starting to make his presence felt on a consistent basis
Breakout: i dont think anyone has been a Break Out player this year
Surprise Player of the Year: Ezekiel Elliot ... i had absolutely zero expectations for him... he has, in fairness, surpassed that
Rookie of the Year (O): Pop Douglas - mainly because there is no one else to even consider
Rookie of the Year (D): Was Gonzales, is Now Keion White.
Offensive Player of the Year: Kendrick Bourne, what little production there was, it mostly flowed thru him
Defensive Player of the Year: Julius Peppers - I was hoping he would return to form this offseason, and so far he has
Special Teams Player of the Year: Lone standout is Brenden Schooler
Biggest Disappointment: Mac Jones, far and away, has been the most disappointing player on the field this year.
Gonzales would be my team mid season MVP if he wasn’t injured.

If Douglas was in more games he would be my mid season ROTY. He probably will be at the end of the season.

It's hard to give out awards for a team that is 2-7.

ROTY: If a punter is your best player from the class, that would make it two years in a row a special teams player is your best player. Just another example of how atrocious Bill's drafting is.
Yup, the draft was absolutely terrible when the team can't predict which rookie will be injured.

Go for it! This was a TERRIBLE DRAFT: a stud DB, a solid stud DL, a super punter, aour next 10 years kicker, our #2 WR (after Bourne) and a couple of incomplete evaluations in Bolden and Mapu. just TERRIBLE! No reason to be surprised . If Gonzo were DROY, the draft would still have been terrible.

Consider Jennings fir most improved player

Biggest disappointment:
Mac Jones
Gesicki
Stevenson
David Andrews
JJS

I don't know if I'd lump Andrews with the others; he seems to me the same player he's been more or less since 2020...

Why?
Ngapa Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Is this what it has come to....

Sad Arrested Development GIF

Yup, the draft was absolutely terrible when the team can't predict which rookie will be injured.

Go for it! This was a TERRIBLE DRAFT: a stud DB, a solid stud DL, a super punter, aour next 10 years kicker, our #2 WR (after Bourne) and a couple of incomplete evaluations in Bolden and Mapu. just TERRIBLE! No reason to be surprised . If Gonzo were DROY, the draft would still have been terrible.
This is the problem with some fans, they automatically love a player just because we drafted them and don’t look at it objectively

Solid Stud DL - ?? White has 0 sacks and 7 tackles on the year. Don’t you think we should wait before calling him a stud?

Super Punter - did you really just call a punter “super”? And Baringer ranks close to the bottom of the league in net avg.

Our kicker for the next 10 years - Ryland is 2nd last in the league in field goal %. If he doesn’t get better he won’t be our kicker in a year

Its a very short list of players that have consistently played well this year.

On offense Bourne, Henry, Elliot, Pharoah, Sidy Sow, and Mike Owenu are the only players consistently performing every game they played.

On defense I'd say Judon, White, Barmore, Peppers, Jennings, and Gonzales.

St. Schooler and Baringer.

MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Back