PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trollin getting owned by Portnoy on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea volin loves the attention. think i saw him on greta's fox show several times.
probably waiting to be hired by the nfl network. would fit in perfectly with the albert breer's of the world
No he wouldn't. I loathe Breer, but he's a hundred times smarter than Volin.

Volin has a thread nearly four pages long on the front page of the number one Patriots site in the world because he got in a shouting match with a fan on an archaic distribution platform eight hours ago. His manufactured story was on the front page of r/NFL yesterday. Ben Volin does and says the things he does because when he does people talk about him. If people stop talking about him he goes away. If you don't like him then don't acknowledge his existence. By creating "F BEN VOLIN!!!!1111!!!1" threads you are galvanizing his job security.

For the record, it's Bob Hohler's story, not the MCI's.

Volin is an idiot. Seems dim and it's hard to understand how he keeps getting gigs.

Having said that : the Guerrero thing is difficult to understand. I wouldn't want any part of him. In a techno society why risk being associated with this kind of person ? And I am asking both Brady and the NEP why they continue to be with this guy... Many will say "no big deal" but it's odd for the team to pay this individual and provide space in the stadium. I'd rather they distance themselves. Brady won't. The guy is a godfather to one of Tom's kids. I hope his friendship doesn't bite him in the butt down the road.

Volin is from Florida and is an obvious Dolphins fan. I am from Boca Raton and most of my best friends are Jewish so please don't take this the wrong way, but he reminds me of all my whiny SoFla Jewish friends who are miserable that the Patriots have ruined the Dolphins last 15+ years.

If you guys have time look at Jeff howe's timeline during the time this segment was on lol. I don't think Volin has much respect among this peers. I'm pretty sure if Mike reiss was treated like that by portnoy a large amount of his peers would come to his defense. But with Volin, either silence or enjoyment. I don't think Volin is long for this town. Who knows though he is employed by the Globe.

If you guys have time look at Jeff howe's timeline during the time this segment was on lol. I don't think Volin has much respect among this peers. I'm pretty sure if Mike reiss was treated like that by portnoy a large amount of his peers would come to his defense. But with Volin, either silence or enjoyment. I don't think Volin is long for this town. Who knows though he is employed by the Globe.
We are in an era where you have to be either a contrarian or a homer. Volin has to be a contrarian at this point, all the homer honk positions are pretty much spoken for. Unfortunately for him the contrarian voice is still loudest outside our marketplace, because the rest of the country is ready for a break from the evil empire. But alas, old Tom and Bill are making it tough on em. Hopefully they hold on long enough to rout out Felger and Volin.....

images
images

Volin and Breer can both go play in traffic. Two of some of the biggest Pats trolls in the media.

We are in an era where you have to be either a contrarian or a homer. Volin has to be a contrarian at this point, all the homer honk positions are pretty much spoken for. Unfortunately for him the contrarian voice is still loudest outside our marketplace, because the rest of the country is ready for a break from the evil empire. But alas, old Tom and Bill are making it tough on em. Hopefully they hold on long enough to rout out Felger and Volin.....
It's just strange for the globe's patriots beat guy to take that role. It's different for radio hosts and columnists when their pay checks revolve around their opinions. Felger wasn't a **** when he was on the patriots beat. I just think it's a bold strategy for a beat writer to alienate the team he covers as well as his peers(refusing to give Howe credit way back or whatever happened). He's also doesn't have nearly the charisma to play the contrarian role the way a guy like felger does.

Disturbing performance by Volin in Deliverance

images

Volin connected with his character in Fight Club

images

Young Ben finished a distant second to a Dog's Butt with Sunglasses in the sexiest Globe reporter contest

I listened to the Portnoy-Volin segment and it was basically the two of them stating and re-stating their positions without making a compelling argument for the other guy to change his mind.

I posted earlier that I wish Portnoy would do a better job presenting his arguments or preparing for these discussions. With that in mind, I think he came off better than Volin because, as Ben reminded us several times, Volin's a professional journalist. He couldn't come up with a better argument than Portnoy or deliver any zingers to counteract the ones sent his way. If you're one of the hosts of the show and you're losing an argument to a guest (Portnoy's not a random fan calling in, but he's closer to that level than a coach, player, or media member), that's not a good sign.

One good point that I thought Portnoy made was, when Volin claimed he was a homer, he said he was and he's been right about all the small and large controversies about the team. The contrarians, like Volin, have been wrong. His point was, what's worse, to be a homer and correctly see how things will play out or to take the doom and gloom angle and always be wrong?

What I thought was interesting was, after they moved off the Guerrero talk, they spent a few minutes talking about deflategate. Volin was eager to offer his opinion that he thought the NFL would win their appeal. To respond to Portnoy's claim that he's always been on the NFL's side on this Volin pointed out that he asked Goodell some tough questions and he and other Globe staff have tried to get answers from the league on their false and contradictory statements. It was near the end of the segment, but this was a missed opportunity for Portnoy to press him on why Volin continues to believe the league if they won't respond to his inquiries. They're able to make assumptions about Guerrero and decide that any "gray area" must be wrong, but they just let the NFL slide for more suspicious behavior. At least Portnoy could have asked Volin why his paper completely ignored the Blecker brief.

The sins of the Patriots? You'd think they slaughtered children, what an irritating little creature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 5/7: News and Notes
What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Back