PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

OT: Lou Merloni leaving afternoons on WEEI

I really only listen to Moving the Chains on SiriusXM NFL Network. No phony “celebrity callers,” lots of actual analysis, and most of all NO biases that I can tell.

Moving the Chains is one of the main reasons (we also do a lot of driving, between PA and MA mostly) why I have SiriusXM.

Last edited:
Here's something else you can "know"..GFY you snotty little punk.

I'm 46 years old..far from a snooty little punk. I will let you have the last ANGRY WORD though.....

go ahead get your frustration out. happy holidays!!

I'm 46 years old..far from a snooty little punk. I will let you have the last ANGRY WORD though.....

go ahead get your frustration out. happy holidays!!
snotty punks alwas think they're not snotty little punks...that's why they run their snotty mouths unsolicited and then claim "social justice warrior" superiority, the hallmark of your generation.

It was pretty public news the fight between K&C and the activist.
Indeed, but the one who pulled the plug was the one who funds the entire operation, the advertisers.

They did it because they bought the activist's reasoning, that being seen to support K&C's views was bad for business.

Market forces at work.

Don't know if it was reported earlier, but Mut is gone too:

Don't know if it was reported earlier, but Mut is gone too:

I won't miss his pansy azzed opening theme..."doot doot dee doota doot doot.." and I won't miss all his complaining. Probably won't even listen to that time slot now...who's coming in...the ex-fat slob bigmouth Andy "Blart" Hart? Watch them promote social justice warrior punk Reimer...and fire Fitzy.Par for the course at "we're holding a transvestite hour before the game!!!" Audacy. THE absolute worst letting this POS media scumbagany usurp all radio sports broadcasts right in front of our noses.

his show was like 75% gambling talk so not really going to miss it.(thought this was the other thread)

I'm fine with Lou leaving. he always seemed like a 100% sox guy, and then didn't really give a funk about the pats or celtics. made it very hard to listen to the afternoon show during football season.

It would always be "your team" this and "your team" that, but when talking about the sox he was always possesive. He'd fit in better on the sports hub.

Don't mind Mego, and Fauria is actually way better when hes on with themid day guys and when i've caught him on in the morning show(i hate the morning show)
in a perfect world gresh and keith would move to afternoons imo.

Indeed, but the one who pulled the plug was the one who funds the entire operation, the advertisers.

They did it because they bought the activist's reasoning, that being seen to support K&C's views was bad for business.

Market forces at work.
Not exactly. That’s not really “market forces” at work. WEEI’s parent co didn’t want the publicity. They bowed to cancel culture. There were opinion pieces in the Boston Globe that people shouldn’t listen to the show. Some advertisers may have left, but it was a top rated show, they would have replaced them. It all came down to Kirk Minihane not agreeing to sign a document that would limit his ability to speak freely.

Sad. Mut has a young family. Hope he lands on his feet.
He is a tool.. you are correct in sympathy ...
but many of these tools forgot they are not the story ... they forgot where and how they started.

He is a tool.. you are correct in sympathy ...
but many of these tools forgot they are not the story ... they forgot where and how they started.
I don’t think he’s a tool, he’s just not that talented. He made for a good fool on the Kirk & Callahan show when they had him as the 3rd wheel. Minihane had a lot of fun with him.

I won't miss his pansy azzed opening theme..."doot doot dee doota doot doot.." and I won't miss all his complaining. Probably won't even listen to that time slot now...who's coming in...the ex-fat slob bigmouth Andy "Blart" Hart? Watch them promote social justice warrior punk Reimer...and fire Fitzy.Par for the course at "we're holding a transvestite hour before the game!!!" Audacy. THE absolute worst letting this POS media scumbagany usurp all radio sports broadcasts right in front of our noses.
I think they're putting Keefe in his spot.

I think they're putting Keefe in his spot.
Keefe's FIRST DAY at EEI...he said he believed Brady was guilty of tampering with the footballs. I sent him numerous e-mails asking him to explain Mike Kensil's part in the fiasco. I asked him to explain where Kensil had disappeared to. He never responded. A year later I saw him in person at a Pats game doing a broadcast. Hey, Keefer Whackness....find out where Mike Kensil is yet??. He gave me that blank stare like he was oblivious to what I was talking about. I gave him the Italian GFY with my arm and walked away.
I don't begrudge him his career, I just think he's a shallow media parrot like most of the others. As we ALL know, Kensil immediately went to CHINA...FOR TWO YEARS!!!! Doing important business for the Goon and NFL offices. Heh....Patriots STILL lost draft choices for this repugnant illegal corporate theft.

With Merloni’s departure, Fauria will be moving back to the midday slot joining current co-host Andy Gresh. Rich Keefe is expected to move from middays to nights. The report does not indicate what the station plans for afternoons beyond Meghan Ottolini, who joined the show in April to remain.

Mike Mutnansky Joins Lou Merloni In Departing WEEI - RadioInsight

If you're keeping Gresh, Fauria and "Meg-O", and focusing your change on Merloni and the night guy, you're doing it wrong, because Gressh/Fauria/Meg-O is one ****ty "talent" trio (and pairing Gresh and Fauria is a freakin' train wreck just waiting to happen). Then again, WEEI has been doing it wrong for a while.

Well, the good news is that this is going to free up even more of my listening day for music.

Some of you seem to take sports talk radio way too seriously.

WEEI doesnt seem to care about ratings, but saving money. Im sure the whole station will turn to country hits in five years.

Its not like Felger and Mazz are special talents, you should be able to put up a fight against them and their whole "Yoou dumb Boston sports fan shouldnt enjoy your teams"shtick.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
Back