PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Richardson traded to colts for 1st rd pick

I think this new regime in Cleveland is not enamored with their Weedon, they didn't pick him and you have to remember that is is almost 30 because he played minor league baseball. They have already given up on this season and are looking to stockpile picks so they can get the franchise QB that they need. If I sucked, I would have tanked for Luck a few years ago. I'm not sold on any of the QBs in this class. Bridgewater (Louisville) is clearly the best followed by McCarron (Alabama) and then Murray (Georgia). Maybe they are going to go to the spread and go with Jonnie Football.

You can not win in this league without a quality NFL caliber QB, give the league some time and they will quickly adjust and shut down the spread option. All of these temas that have invested in these types of QBs will be looking for something else soon.

Taj Boyd and the Brett Hundley kid are both ahead of Murray IMO.

What a joke!

I'm still waiting for that second round pick for Brian Hoyer.
I thought it was the 6th overall. I must be confusing him with someone else. :rolleyes:

I disagree about how "easy" it is to find a good RB. The Patriots had been looking for a workhorse guy since Corey Dillion, the Steelers still have not found a replacement for Bettis, Jets last solid RB was Curtis Marting, Saints last guy was Deuce McCalister, Ronnie Brown was solid for the Phins but he was always hurt.

Running backs are not easy to find. Now, teams "can" win without them, but to say they are easy to find, well...I disagree.

Heck, the Colts have not had once since Edgerin James, Chargers since Tomlinson, Broncos had McGahee but he was a FA pickup.

Richardson is more than just a good RB.

It isn't easy to find an elite RB like Dillon, but it is easy to find solid RBs who can carry the load for at least a year or two. Both BJGE and Stevan Ridley have been more productive thus far in the Pros than Trent Richardson. Granted it way to early on Richardson to say he isn't going to be an elite RB.

This is a passing league and I find spending a high draft pick on a RB is a little foolish in this era unless you are going to get the next Adrian Peterson. You can find a 1,000-1,200 yard back later in the draft and most teams are going with a RB by committee approach as it is.

(This part isn't in response to you, but to some of the sentiment on this board) Richardson has yet to show he was worth a first round pick to begin with. The whole stacking 8 and 9 players in a box to excuse his lack of production doesn't really fly when other RBs like Peterson, MJD, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Frank Gore, etc. have all have performed in the past with horrible QBs and opposing defenses stacking the box. Elite RBs can perform elitely in those conditions. He could become an elite RB, but saying he hasn't because people stacked the box is a little disingenuous.

Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden. Atleast it's a Hall of Fame bust first round for the Browns. Trading up for a RB that will be traded only after a season and a 28 year old QB that's definitely not franchise QB material. That's Vernon Gholston kind of bust proportions.

At this point it depends on how their pick from the Colts turns out.

It isn't easy to find an elite RB like Dillon, but it is easy to find solid RBs who can carry the load for at least a year or two. Both BJGE and Stevan Ridley have been more productive thus far in the Pros than Trent Richardson. Granted it way to early on Richardson to say he isn't going to be an elite RB.

This is a passing league and I find spending a high draft pick on a RB is a little foolish in this era unless you are going to get the next Adrian Peterson. You can find a 1,000-1,200 yard back later in the draft and most teams are going with a RB by committee approach as it is.

(This part isn't in response to you, but to some of the sentiment on this board) Richardson has yet to show he was worth a first round pick to begin with. The whole stacking 8 and 9 players in a box to excuse his lack of production doesn't really fly when other RBs like Peterson, MJD, Chris Johnson, Darren McFadden, Frank Gore, etc. have all have performed in the past with horrible QBs and opposing defenses stacking the box. Elite RBs can perform elitely in those conditions. He could become an elite RB, but saying he hasn't because people stacked the box is a little disingenuous.

Richardson is a tough guy but, whether it's due to injuries or something else, he lacks the explosion that he displayed in college. At this point, BJGE is probably the best comparison, and I think we can all agree that BJGE for a 1st would be highway robbery of biblical proportions. Well done by the Brownies.

Just read this article that states Richardson found out about trade from radio. So, the GM didn't think it was necessary to tell a player he was traded?

Y! SPORTS

Good trade for both teams. Colts have a franchise QB who they are building around, and they needed a good RB in the "here and now".

Browns are a couple of years away and having Richardson right now wasn't going to get them anywhere to speak of. Trade him while he has value, secure a good franchise QB, then pick up a RB somewhere down the road to complement him.

Wow...and I thought MY fantasy football team sucked!! ;)

QUOTE=Sfpat;3563677]Me too.........[/QUOTE]

Clowney will probably go number 2. Bridgewater, if he stays healthy, will go #1 overall. You should watch some Louisville. Bridgewater is a fun QB to watch.

Love Bridgewater...dont like Louisvilles schedule and wish they would play some tougher teams. I would love to see what Teddy could do angainst some SEC D. Great QB though

we have some real good QBs coming out next draft

Re: Re: Trent Richardson traded to colts for 1st rd pick

Love Bridgewater...dont like Louisvilles schedule and wish they would play some tougher teams. I would love to see what Teddy could do angainst some SEC D. Great QB though

we have some real good QBs coming out next draft

As much as it pains me to say it Bridgewater torched my Gators in the sugar bowl last year and they probably had the best defense in the SEC. The kid can play against anyone.

Great move for the Browns. Colts have .500 or less written all over them.
They already have 1 win.

Easy schedule:

Jaguars x2
Titans x2
Chargers
Rams
Cardinals
Chiefs

Colts could easily be a 9-7 team this year.

With Richardson they should have a good run game now. I like this move for both teams.

Richardson was lost in Cleveland. No OLine, No QB, No WRs..... teams could stack the box against him all day.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back