PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Trent Richardson traded to colts for 1st rd pick

No doubt, they are both as poor as each other offensively. The Browns do have potential to be a very good D. Unfortunately, they have Weeden at QB (Hoyer now).

Eh, I'm not sure about that, aus. It took the Jags two weeks to score their first offensive points. I've watched that team with my own two eyes (live here). They're worse than any team I've seen this year.

Um, no. No way. 5th at the most.

If I was sure he could understand the offense and contribute, I would easily give up a third for Gordon. The kid was a game changer with Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball. For a third and Brady throwing him the ball, he would have the potential to be elite. That said, I'm not totally convinced he would be able to thrive in our offense, mentally.

and the bonus for pats fans.

Means the Jets could be actually better than the Jags and now the Browns. No Clowney an no Bridgewater.

Get ****ing in there.

If I was sure he could understand the offense and contribute, I would easily give up a third for Gordon. The kid was a game changer with Brandon Weeden throwing him the ball. For a third and Brady throwing him the ball, he would have the potential to be elite. That said, I'm not totally convinced he would be able to thrive in our offense, mentally.
Yeah, there were some rumors out of Cleveland that Gordon has major focus issues. There was something about teammates having to prod him to check himself back in mentally, but I don't remember if that was in games or just practice. Neither would be deemed acceptable by Belichick.

He's also one more drug violation away from a year long suspension.

sorry if this was already mentioned, but does this mean Mallett to Browns for a first rounder? lombardi is in love with him.

sorry if this was already mentioned, but does this mean Mallett to Browns for a first rounder? lombardi is in love with him.

1. If he wanted Mallett that badly, he would have traded for him already. It's not like he was afraid to give up on a first round pick from 2012 or anything...

2. He could probably get Mallett for a second round pick. This trade was probably done without any prospect in mind to trade up for, but now the Browns likely have the option of trading up as far as they need, including the #1 spot (occupied by Jacksonville, of course). I think they just wanted to get a first round pick for a player who they didn't have long term plans for.

Interesting trade with the Colts rolling the dice and the Browns adding ammunition for any needed tradeup in the next draft.

Meanwhile, Brandon Weeden now probably knows that he's done in Cleveland, and Brian Hoyer had better wear a flak jacket for this week's game, because the Vikings will be teeing off on him.

Trent Richardson and Brandon Weeden. Atleast it's a Hall of Fame bust first round for the Browns. Trading up for a RB that will be traded only after a season and a 28 year old QB that's definitely not franchise QB material. That's Vernon Gholston kind of bust proportions.

Well we know one thing. The Browns couldn't have really done any worse had they traded the 2012 22nd pick for Mallett rather than taking Weeden. (That was before Lombardi, though)

December 1 2013, The most akward sporting battle in all of sports history. 0-11 Cleveland vs 0-11 Jacksonville will determine who sucks more in the Bridgewater bowl.

This smells like a meddling owner, i.e. Irsay. Only an dumb owner would make this move.

Hahaha, too funny.

I hope you're joking on all accounts. Mallett has never been worth a first round pick and Manziel is the next Ryan Leaf.

Manziel is the next Fran Tarkenton. That kid has unbelievable instincts. On the right team, with the right personnel, Manziel could be tremendous. Jeff Fisher and the Rams would be a good fit.

Mallett is worth a 4th rounder, maybe. There's no body of work that suggests he 's even a capable backup. If Lombardi is infatuated, it won't be the first time Belichick picks somebody's pocket.

December 1 2013, The most akward sporting battle in all of sports history. 0-11 Cleveland vs 0-11 Jacksonville will determine who sucks more in the Bridgewater bowl.

Cleveland's defense will win them some games,they are pretty good on that side of the ball.

Had their offense done anything in week 2,they had a chance to beat the Ravens.

Look for the Brownies to win about 6 games this year.

Manziel is the next Fran Tarkenton. That kid has unbelievable instincts. On the right team, with the right personnel, Manziel could be tremendous. Jeff Fisher and the Rams would be a good fit.

Mallett is worth a 4th rounder, maybe. There's no body of work that suggests he 's even a capable backup. If Lombardi is infatuated, it won't be the first time Belichick picks somebody's pocket.

The Rams shouldn't give up on Bradford yet....with some decent receivers he could do better,he certainly has the capabilities of improving.

Cleveland's defense will win them some games,they are pretty good on that side of the ball.

Had their offense done anything in week 2,they had a chance to beat the Ravens.

Look for the Brownies to win about 6 games this year.

Brian Hoyer is their starting QB in week 3 with no O-Line,except Joe Thomas ofc. They have a good D, but not good enough to keep other teams consistent below 14 points. Min, Det, Buf, Jets and Jaguars look possible too but I wouldn't bet on the Browns against anyone of those teams ... except maybe the Jets :D

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back