33. WR Titus Young
60. OG Danny Watkins
74. OC Clint Boling
92. CB Rashad Carmichael
124. RB Stevan Ridley
5th Rd: OLB Markus White
6th Rd: DE Lawrence Marsh

Thoughts?

Castonzo will probably have to move inside to RG based on his play at the Senior Bowl.

I don't know what this love fest is over Titus Young but please make it stop. He's football smarts are in question as is his ability to run anything other than go routes. He didn't run routes very well at the Senior Bowl. He took one OPI and should have been called for another.

Danny Watkins is a good pick.
Not sure about Boling at OC. He struggled at OG in the Senior Bowl.

I think that it's a stretch to take Wilkerson in the 1st round. #33 Maybe.

Yeah you're right, especially since the Alabama Crimson Tide base alignment is the 3-4 defense. :rolleyes:

If you want me to explain it to you, I will, but it seems like you've already decided that I'm an idiot.

My Predicted Patriots Draft:
17. (Trade back) DE Muhammed Wilkerson
28. OT Anthony Costanzo
33. WR Titus Young
60. OG Danny Watkins
74. OC Clint Boling
92. CB Rashad Carmichael
124. RB Stevan Ridley
5th Rd: OLB Markus White
6th Rd: DE Lawrence Marsh

Thoughts?

I havent seen wilkerson actually play besides that clip so ??

Imho Costanzo looks the part but he seems very weak, do not want.

Titus Young is pretty good but at 33 is pretty expensive for a younger deion.

Watkins and Boling are solid mid round picks.

I don't know how anyone who has seen a VT game would want Carmichael. He could always improve but at this time he may be the worst tackler i have seen in my life. And he doesnt get off of blocks. He takes the word finesse to a whole new level.

I actually like ridley and i think he would be a fine addition.

Havent watched the last two.

If you want me to explain it to you, I will, but it seems like you've already decided that I'm an idiot.

Well could you? He might not have ideal height but he's playing a two gap five technique right now and excelling at it, so why assume he can't do it in the pros? Plus you could move him in to DT in sub packages, do some one gap stuff every now and then, etc.

Do others think Quinn is the answer?
If not who is the best OLB in this draft for the Patriots.

Just using these rankings as an example, the top end of the draft is pretty loaded with 3-4 Ends and #-4 OLBs. After the top 3 in each category there is a big dropoff.

National Football Post College Big Board | National Football Post

The Pats will have to decide when the pick gets to the 8-11 range whether they trade up for the player they really like or wait for the 3rd or 4th option to fall to them at 17. Personally I would look at OLB first as there are many solid 3-4 ends that will be available later in round 1 or round 2.

Of the OLB candidates I am starting to like Aldon Smith from Missouri. Anytime I hear the words "John Abraham type pass rusher" I am very interested.

"Impression: A downright dominant defensive lineman with an impressive physical skill set and great length. Showcases impress savvy, fluidity and violence as a pass rusher and should be able to further develop in the run game and mature into a potential Pro Bowl-caliber NFL defensive lineman."

Last edited:
Yeah you're right, especially since the Alabama Crimson Tide base alignment is the 3-4 defense. :rolleyes:

I'm not doubting he'd be a solid NFL player, but if the Pats are drafting top-10 (and more realistically top-6), then they better get the next Seymour. Dareus lacks the upside to ever been the kind of DE that Seymour was.

Just using these rankings as an example, the top end of the draft is pretty loaded with 3-4 Ends and #-4 OLBs. After the top 3 in each category there is a big dropoff.

National Football Post College Big Board | National Football Post

The Pats will have to decide when the pick gets to the 8-11 range whether they trade up for the player they really like or wait for the 3rd or 4th option to fall to them at 17. Personally I would look at OLB first as there are many solid 3-4 ends that will be available later in round 1 or round 2.

Of the OLB candidates I am starting to like Aldon Smith from Missouri. Anytime I hear the words "John Abraham type pass rusher" I am very interested.

"Impression: A downright dominant defensive lineman with an impressive physical skill set and great length. Showcases impress savvy, fluidity and violence as a pass rusher and should be able to further develop in the run game and mature into a potential Pro Bowl-caliber NFL defensive lineman."

That is an absolutely amazing link you posted. Every news outlet has pretty similar draft grades and scouting reports except for that one. Spectacular stuff.

Basically the question is whether we would give up our 17 and 60 to get a bit better DE/OLB. I don't think either Darius or Quinn would be there at or 11. As always, I see it more likely that moved down a couple of spots than up. I do see a possbility of belichiock taking a shot at one of the 4 top OLB/DE's that will be available at 17 (after 7-9 are long gone). This is THE draft to stregthn the front seven. There is lots of talent at the top.

Even if Quinn were there, I'd rather have
A) one of Kerrigan, Jordan, Watt, Wilkerson and Houston PLUS
B) one of Watkins, Acho and Beal

Last edited:
I'm not doubting he'd be a solid NFL player, but if the Pats are drafting top-10 (and more realistically top-6), then they better get the next Seymour. Dareus lacks the upside to ever been the kind of DE that Seymour was.

How do you know that Dareus lacks the upside? Did you use a crystal ball to see the future??

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes