PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Too much KoolAid?

I'm not sure what you were trying to say, but TB and Carolina (in Carolina) could easily beat us. Apologies if that's what you were saying in the first place.

Carolina? Really....that is a 6-8 win team at best...and that is being generous. And Carolina is not a tough place to play especially in November. TB not sure about them either...it takes a lot to come in to Foxboro and win. And a lot is more than Josh Freeman at QB.

Don't get me wrong, I have us beating both teams, but it could happen. TB should have a vastly improved pass defense (their biggest weakness last year) with Revis, and Freeman isn't as bad as everyone likes to act. Carolina has been able to put up good offensive production, so that game could be a shootout.

He is that bad, with the exception of one season his first full year starting in 2010... he has not been very good. His numbers averaged out over the past two years:

555 Attempts
58.8 completion percentage
21.5 TD's
19.5 Int

That is as bad as folks make him out to be... The Glennon rumblings are happening for a reason.

A few quick thoughts:

Drawing Houston, Atlanta, Cincinnati and Baltimore all on the road sure does suck.

Cincinnati has been .500 at home the last couple years so maybe we can steal that one.

I don't have much hope for the other three though. Maybe Houston because I think BB can just completely out coach Kubiak over and over again and Wade Phillips is just so stubborn with this stupid scheme.

Cleveland scares me more than Carolina does.

I'm sure we'll have at least one stinker in the away games against Miami and the Jets.

They have two three game stretches that will be interesting....early @Atlanta, @Cincy and then home for NO. And then Denver, @Houston and Cleveland.

And @Miami and @Baltimore won't be a cake walk either. Cleveland already has a very good defense, throw a competent offense in the mix and you have a young talented, physical football team that could surprise some folks.

I take no win for granted - Any Given Sunday happens every week

That being said, if you're a mediocre sports reporter the best thing to do is make a long list of crazy or bold predictions.

Chances are ONE of them will be correct. At which point you play up the one "prediction" you made that was correct and hope people forget about the 31 other predictions which were way off - and a lot of fans buy into it hook line and sinker.

What Did Tom Brady Say During His Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Drew Bledsoe Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast? Here’s the Full Transcript
What Did Belichick Say at Tom Brady’s Netflix Roast?  Here’s the Full Transcript
Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Back