PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Tomlinson is made of glass

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is offensive to glass which, unlike Tomlinson, can still be useful if it's a little knicked up.

I can't argue this any more. We'll agree to disagree.

But saying that the Chargers need to use their #1 pick on a RB because of ONE GAME! How quickly you forget last season when the league MVP (L.T.) nearly single-handedly beat the Patriots in the AFC Divisional Playoffs. Tomlinson ran for 123 yards and two scores, and caught two passes for 64 yards. I'd classify that as "carrying his team in the big game"?

You just don't understand the game. Go put on your pink hat and pink Brady jersey, just don't pollute these message boards.

I'm not sure how much more clearly we can state this: YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR HERE. The "made of glass" thing is a JOKE directed toward Maroney haters. STOP BEING STUPID and TRY READING.

I'm not sure how much more clearly we can state this: YOU ARE NOT A REGULAR HERE. The "made of glass" thing is a JOKE directed toward Maroney haters. STOP BEING STUPID and TRY READING.
There was an ongoing debate about whether LT had any heart or not. I understand the whole "made of glass' thing is a joke in relation to Maroney, but still I thought he was taking the side that LT is a whimp. After all, that's what was being debated. Apologies to those I may have offended. Maybe I should spend more time on the message boards to keep up.

Without the grittest teammate ever in Rivers and Chambers and Gates making an amazing passing game, LT wouldn't get such a high YPC.

Funny, because everyone likes to say Rivers would be nothing without LT. Then we saw Rivers making plays without LT and Gates. So which is it? :rofl:

Last edited:
Then we saw Rivers making plays without LT and Gates. So which is it? :rofl:
Rivers:
19 for 37
211yards
0TDs
2INTs

If he didn't have a torn ACL, people would be more critical. Rivers didn't cost them the game whatsoever, but he didn't make any plays to win it for them either.

0 for 3 inside the 10 Yard Line. If he can just go 1 for 3, it's a one Field Goal game for the lead.

Norv addressed it in his post-game. According to him, it was a pain issue for LdT, who purportedly had no problems with it during practices. LdT, on the other hand, after claiming that he was 90% before the game, was claiming it was an MCL sprain after the game. Like it or not, there are only 2 options here. Either the Chargers are 'cheaters' who blatantly lied on the injury report, and should be fined and lose a 1st round pick, or LdT couldn't handle the pain.

Let me guess, if they are 'cheaters' (you're reaching now buddy), they should be fined, let's say, 500K and a first round draft pick, right? LOL

Why are the Chargers trolls still here?
The Pats already whipped their team into submission TWICE.
There's nothing more to be said about the Chargers except they're NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

As for LT. Mr. Classy sure didn't show up in the biggest game of the year, did he?
Whether or not he's made or glass I dunno.
He's been pretty durable before this injury hasn't he?

Last edited:
The Pats already whipped their team into submission TWICE.
There's nothing more to be said about the Chargers except they're NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

As for LT. Mr. Classy sure didn't show up in the biggest game of the year, did he?
Whether or not he's made or glass I dunno.
He's been pretty durable before this injury hasn't he?

It's funny if anyone but Pats fan make a joke here, they get called trolls.

LdT WASN'T ON THE INJURY REPORT. HE PRACTICED WITHOUT RESTRICTIONS ON BOTH THURSDAY AND FRIDAY.

I hope the use of capital letters helps you to actually read the words.
He has no interest in reading or understanding. You're wasting your time

Funny, because everyone likes to say Rivers would be nothing without LT. Then we saw Rivers making plays without LT and Gates. So which is it? :rofl:
You need to learn to read. People say that Rivers is nothing. Period. With or without LT. He's a punk. A gritty punk and a warrior, but not a good QB.

I said before the game that I wanted Rivers because he could not get the job done, and I was right. He couldn't.

If Volek had played you would have had a chance. A slim chance, true, but we already know how it turned out with Rivers in.

You lost. For the third time in a row. What does it take to make you realize you aren't there yet, and won't be until you get a QB?

You need to learn to read. People say that Rivers is nothing. Period. With or without LT. He's a punk. A gritty punk and a warrior, but not a good QB.

I said before the game that I wanted Rivers because he could not get the job done, and I was right. He couldn't.

If Volek had played you would have had a chance. A slim chance, true, but we already know how it turned out with Rivers in.

You lost. For the third time in a row. What does it take to make you realize you aren't there yet, and won't be until you get a QB?

Rivers sucks almost as bad as Peyton Manning ;)

Oh,God! Is it going to be like last year, when we had to endure six months of "Just you wait until next year. We will whip you in the regualr season. It will be our superbowl, you big meanies."

Why is it that most trolls understand that when they lose, they lose, but CHarger fans, the ****roaches of the fan world, are too stupid to understand this?

Sean Salisbury commented on it as well, on ESPN radio..... regarding last week where he never re-entered THAT game but said he could have:

"Why didn't you go back in?"
"When he said 'I was good enough to go back in if I needed to.' why didn't you?"

then, as follow up, regarding yesterday

"He set himself up for the criticism"
"You'd better get your butt in there and play"
"Your football team's relying on you"
"There's a difference between being injured and hurt"
"He deserves the criticism. Period."
"If you tell me one thing... You ought to be grabbing Norv around the throat..."

Last edited:
Cant believe Im the first to post this.

Don't get me wrong.. I don't like LT's comments or behavior off the field. Last year, he really got on our nerves with his brash comments before the playoffs and thought he was some kind of God on the field....

I think all that praise he got from the media really went to his head and made him a little loopy.... It's no wonder so much garbage spewed from his mouth whenever a mike was thrust in front of him.

However, I do respect him as a player and he does have great running abilities ... I think he would have definitely played if he could. An injury to a RB's knee is more serious than to a QB, as he has run through tackles and linemen, cut back and do a number of things in order to get any kind of yards on the Pats..

He wore his helmet and sulked the whole time on the sidelines.. I can bet you that he did want to play and if he could have, he would have...

This doesn't change my opinion of LT though.. Although he seems a little mellower than last year. I think he also apologized this year for some of the nasty things he said about BB.. Anyway, I do think he is more respectful now of NE than last year and possibly even admires the team for what they have been able to accomplish.

Anyway, all of this means squat now.. We are on our way to the SB and the GMen better watch out. I think we are going to give them a sound beating !!

this is the second thread you created where you were hating on Charger players. Not sure what you're trying to do but first you say "Rivers shouldn't be looked at as heroic" then you say "LT is made of glass". This is hating 101 and it's sore winning. We were banged up bro, you weren't. Take the win with class and move on to the Superbowl.

Is the beach closed? Seriously now, nothing for a Chargers fan here, move along.

LdT couldn't handle the pain? Does that mean anyone that is injured should be expected to play to their normal standards, regardless of any pain?

Everyone lies on injury reports. You're just holding LT to a different standard.

The ultimate question is:
WERE THE CHARGERS BETTER WITH LaDAINIAN OR MICHAEL TURNER AT RB?

Based on the production of LT in his limited time, Turner was the right choice. That doesn't mean that LT doesn't have heart. It's what was best for the team.

Next thing you're gonna say everyone tapes signals! Is nothing sacred?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back